Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2016 1:14:36 PM EDT
I can get a petty good deal on this set up refurbished.

EOS Rebel SL1 with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Kit

Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm not looking to be mister super camera guy, I just want some better quality family pics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an SL-1.  I like it.  Combined with a minimal set of the STM lenses, it is an easy to carry and use basic system.

It's small, light, its images are decent if you do your part.  Like with all Canon sensors from that generation, it has a bit less dynamic range than cameras using the contemporary Sony sensors.

I don't get along well with touchscreens and generally don't use them, but I don't have problems using the one on the SL-1.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The only thing I miss is a fold out screen. Otherwise, it's an awesome little camera to carry. Canon Refurb store has them dirt cheap. I've thought about picking up a spare, in case they don't continue the series.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only thing I miss is a fold out screen. Otherwise, it's an awesome little camera to carry. Canon Refurb store has them dirt cheap. I've thought about picking up a spare, in case they don't continue the series.
View Quote

That's what I was looking at, I think it was $329 with a lens. I could spend $369 and get it with a Zoom lense too but I read reviews on that lens and it's not very good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's what I was looking at, I think it was $329 with a lens. I could spend $369 and get it with a Zoom lense too but I read reviews on that lens and it's not very good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 55-250 STM available separately $129.00 is your best inexpensive choice to add a telephoto, or the 18-135 if you have the cash is a great do everything lens.  You likely will seldom wish you had the fold out screen. I have a 60D too, and almost never reach for it. The SL-1 is small and light but has a great viewfinder. I think it does not sell well for some reason is why it's so cheap right now. Everything I've bought from the refurb store appears to be brand new untouched.

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/canon-refurb-stock-tracker/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top