Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2016 6:19:18 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting one for my wife. I think her and the 5yo would a lot of fun with one. Problem is, as with everything, there's mixed reviews on all of them. The ones I'm looking at are the Polaroid Snap, Fujifilm Mini 50s and 70 but I'm open to other suggestions. So, does anyone here have one they like? I tried a few different searches but no luck.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Are these actual film cameras?  That use auto-developing film?

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are these actual film cameras?  That use auto-developing film?

View Quote

They use a different type of film than the old school Polaroids but yea. Obviously they're no DSLR but the pics are decent quality and it would be a lot of enjoyment in sure, especially for the 5yo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Disclaimer.  I'm not a instant camera person.

The Impossible Project

The people that run the site in the link bought Polaroid's last instant film plant and are making new production film for the old cameras.
I think they're making their own instant camera too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]

I loved using FP110C in my Graflex. It sucked that Fuji stopped making it. Now they make that Instax film, but the actual picture is about the size of a business card.

I was about to buy the polaroid back for my Mamiya RB67, but Fuji made that announcement. Good thing I didn't buy it.

Impossible is pretty good. a little "off" looking, but cool at the same time. Harkens back to instant film mania back in the 70's and 80's.  I have a Polaroid SX70, I like the B&W film.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked at The Impossible Project but for what I'm using it for its wayyy outta my price range. I'm not giving my 5yo a $400+  camera to run around with lol.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#7]
You might look at the Polaroid Snap. Take a digital picture that you can download to a computer later. It also has an internal printer that uses the zero ink printer or ZIP. It runs about 50 cents a shot or about half of the Fuji instant film

The Fuji and Polaroid is the same thing Made by Fuji and rebranded . There are two format the regular and the wide. Each need a camera made for it, they don't interchange.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Disclaimer.  I'm not a instant camera person.

The Impossible Project

The people that run the site in the link bought Polaroid's last instant film plant and are making new production film for the old cameras.
I think they're making their own instant camera too.
View Quote
I tried 4 pack of 8 shots(the old Polaroid had 10), my personal opinon is the the Impossible prints are terrible when compared to the old Polaroid. Personally, I am just gong to keep my old Polaroid cameras around as paper weight if nothing else. My wife has a SX70 which was the top-of-the-lien at the time.

If you want something to play around with and not too picky about the quality, and got some extra coins laying around go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top