Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 1:19:45 AM EDT
Wow, so I have had 3 Nikon SB-700s and would use them in slave mode for shooting receptions and a couple other things. While slave mode was nice, it didn't work great.  So I purchased the Pocket Wizard Mini/Flex TTL setup.  Having reliable flash setup that I am confident in already makes a huge difference, now I want to use flash for everything.  

Here is one of my recents from an engagement shoot.

Lets hear about your OCF experiences!

Chandler + Jordan by Luke Crawford, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:23:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I either bounce my SB-910 or have it off camera whenever I use it. It's extremely rare that I use it fired directly at a subject. Usually I'm doing that for texture outside on birds. A 1/128 pop even in bright sun will add..something. The flash isn't bright enough or long enough to have an effect on the exposure but it changes the texture of the bird. Really helps the fine details of the feathers pop.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on that mini TTL set up, I'm super tired of running back and forth from my flash's to make an adjustment. I have also thought of picking up the remote for the two yn560's I have. It's only $50, but not ttl. Never really thought ttl was a necessity, but I'm starting to lean that way. And being able to adjust the EC on the fly sounds really nice.

I almost always have a flash or two, sometimes three, off camera, unless I absolutely have to have it mounted.

I use a couple of super cheap radio triggers.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Great shots! Its amazing the dynamic that flash can add to an image.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top