Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2015 9:07:54 PM EDT
Thought I'd do a dump of all my spray pics in one thread.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
And a few more.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
#8 is outstanding.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
#8 is outstanding.
View Quote

The sunrise one?  Got lucky with that shot.  Did hardly any fiddling with color; hazy morning and ORANGE sun did all the work.  What I like best about it is "wow!  what a cool sunrise shot!  HEY!  There's a helicopter in a funky attitude there!"
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Very nice!
View Quote

Figured you might like 'em.  This shot very much reminds me of some of your work (matter of fact, was thinking about some of your shots when taking it).

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Man the lighting makes some of those shots.  I love the landing helo with guy and side light.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#7]
What are you spraying?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Figured you might like 'em.  This shot very much reminds me of some of your work (matter of fact, was thinking about some of your shots when taking it).

http://i.imgur.com/IrubOoP.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice!

http://i.imgur.com/IrubOoP.jpg

Well thanks, I'm flattered....LOL!
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#9]
FredMan, don't know if you do the Facebook thing. But if you do, you should consider posting some of those to their FB page. They are very good shots. With their weekly contests, you have a good chance at winning a free shot at the annual contest!
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FredMan, don't know if you do the Facebook thing. But if you do, you should consider posting some of those to their FB page. They are very good shots. With their weekly contests, you have a good chance at winning a free shot at the annual contest!
View Quote

No, I've made a conscious decision to NOT Facebook.

But, who is this "their" you mention and what's this contest all about?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What are you spraying?
View Quote

Forestry work.  Herbicides for pre-planting site preparation or post-planting competition release (pine plantations).
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Man the lighting makes some of those shots.  I love the landing helo with guy and side light.
View Quote

Spray work makes lighting easy.  You're pretty much hitting the dawn and dusk golden hours every day.  'Course, the 4:30 am to 10:30 pm work days can wear on you after a while, but if the wind ain't blowing and the rain ain't raining and you can see you gotta work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....can't believe that I left the most important piece out. That would be Vertical Magazine.

http://www.verticalmag.com/photocontest
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Lots of cool shots here!

The one thing to watch is your shutter speeds. Most of the time you want something in the 1/125 to 1/180 range to get some good prop blur.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

LOL....can't believe that I left the most important piece out. That would be Vertical Magazine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang.  Looks like I either need Facebook or they'll sell me 10 photo uploads for $10.  Now, that sorta chaps my ass.  Charging photo contest entrants?  That ain't right.  And some of my shots blow away past winners.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dang.  Looks like I either need Facebook or they'll sell me 10 photo uploads for $10.  Now, that sorta chaps my ass.  Charging photo contest entrants?  That ain't right.  And some of my shots blow away past winners.
View Quote

Charging an entrance fee is typical for photo contests.  This one is actually very cheap comparatively.  That said, I'm entering a photo contest this year for the first time in 10yrs.  I've never really believed in them.  Only doing this one because it's local.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Charging an entrance fee is typical for photo contests.  This one is actually very cheap comparatively.
View Quote

Yep, I agree. $10 is really nothing. I've seen some that charge more.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Charging an entrance fee is typical for photo contests.  This one is actually very cheap comparatively.

Hmm.  Maybe I'll have to rethink this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top