Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2015 10:25:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Canon just needs to use Sony sensors like Nikon does.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

People have been telling them that for at least a couple years.  It might be an ego thing.

Sony is like the middle person in a domestic fight.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

People have been telling them that for at least a couple years.  It might be an ego thing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I finally got around to reading "Console Wars" which is a history of the Nintendo vs Sega wars in the 90s. Sega of America was making a deal with Sony to create a new console to replace the Genesis, but Sega of Japan tanked the deal and said no. Also, Sega of America was planning on acquiring CPUs from SGI to develop a new console, but Sega of Japan nixed that deal as well.

Sega released the failed Sega Saturn (built entirely inhouse) to compete against the N64 (utilized the SGI CPUs Sega of America wanted to get), and Sony released the Playstation.

The book described the culture in the Sega of Japan of not relying on others and doing everything on their own.

I definitely agree that Canon is having this type of stance with regards to their camera sensors.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a game of leapfrog. Nikon used to be out front with their CCDs, then Canon with their CMOS, and now Sony. Who knows who will be out front next.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#5]
all of them are great cameras. I really doubt "shutterbug joe" will know the difference.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
all of them are great cameras. I really doubt "shutterbug joe" will know the difference.
View Quote

The vast majority of "pros" won't know the difference, and the people they sell pictures to definitely won't know the difference.  When it comes to creating great photos, the camera plays a much smaller role than everybody seems to give it credit for. The person you sell your pictures to doesn't give a damn about DXOmark scores.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The vast majority of "pros" won't know the difference, and the people they sell pictures to definitely won't know the difference.  When it comes to creating great photos, the camera plays a much smaller role than everybody seems to give it credit for. The person you sell your pictures to doesn't give a damn about DXOmark scores.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfectly correct.  Although I wouldn't say they don't know, I would say they aren't as concerned.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me a RAW file from a D810 and a 5DS of the same subject and settings and I'll tell you which is which in about 5 seconds.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Give me a RAW file from a D810 and a 5DS of the same subject and settings and I'll tell you which is which in about 5 seconds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. Clients and photographer should be only concerned about the final, delivered image. Any minute difference in image quality between Canon and Nikon does not matter and does not make or break the final photo.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top