Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2015 11:08:12 AM EDT
My kids love planes, space, rocket launches and skyscrapers.  We can thankfully see all four from our windows.  I'm dying to get them a telescope to see better.  

Recommendations?

Very casual , no star viewing needed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
then get a spotting scope.     60x or 80x
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
With telescopes you are going to be dealing with mirrored or flipped images with your terrestrial viewing.  It may be possible to correct with 90degree adapters, but I've never tried it.

A 20-60x80 spotting scope would be good.  

Astronomical binoculars can be had for surprisingly cheap, and being able to use both eyes would be nice.  I've read mixed reviews on some of them though.

A quick look on amazon showed me a 12-125x88 Barska for $112.  cheap, but I'm sure it would do the job.

Also found a Celestron 52268 C90 mak spotting scope, which uses interchangeable telescope eyepieces and right-side up and non mirrored image.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top