Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2015 12:52:17 PM EDT
Pretty decent article. Was sent to me by a friend, I thought you guys might enjoy it as well.....

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2015/05/05/take-at-least-1-shitty-photograph-everyday/
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree that self-censoring is a bad thing. Not sure I would recommend taking a bad photo as a blanket solution, but if that is what you need to do to get over it...
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a challenge I have already mastered. In fact, I'm kind of a Pro at it.......
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have already taken enough to last the rest of my lifetime, so I guess I'm good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I was an autodidact, but I got help

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree that self-censoring is a bad thing. Not sure I would recommend taking a bad photo as a blanket solution, but if that is what you need to do to get over it...
View Quote

The author says he's not encouraging shooting bad images.

The message I take from the article is, don't let your inner critic hold you back from shooting by making you feel as if the shot you are composing will not be good enough. Just let yourself go, shoot freely and accept the fact that out of those shots taken, a few might not be keepers.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
ya know how the 8 pictures in a National Geographic article are sublime?
well there's about 20,000 images that did not make the cut
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#7]
My trash can is getting bigger every day....
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ya know how the 8 pictures in a National Geographic article are sublime?well there's about 20,000 images that did not make the cut
View Quote

^ This.  Whenever I'm out with a group, I'm generally the one taking photographs.  Invariably, someone will ask if I'll dump all my photos to CD for them and I'll tell them no.  I may take a dozen shots of the same thing, but only 1 or 2 make the cut to my hard drive, if they don't get deleted on the camera first.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

^ This.  Whenever I'm out with a group, I'm generally the one taking photographs.  Invariably, someone will ask if I'll dump all my photos to CD for them and I'll tell them no.  I may take a dozen shots of the same thing, but only 1 or 2 make the cut to my hard drive, if they don't get deleted on the camera first.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ya know how the 8 pictures in a National Geographic article are sublime?well there's about 20,000 images that did not make the cut

This.
I may take dozens of pics of a given subject but I only keep a few.
I shoot enough pics that once in awhile I get it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top