Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2015 4:31:56 PM EDT
Went into my local camera shop to get a Nikon 14-24 f2.8 that I'd been setting money aside for what seems like forever...Long story short, was offered a damn good trade in value on my D800E (guy had a buyer lined up one with a low shutter count which mine had).  $1900.00 trade in towards a D810.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. Fantastic camera. I went from D300 to the D810 and the high ISO of modern cameras is astonishing.

Edit to add: Did you get the 14-24? Amazing lens. I like the images better than the 24-70.  Just going to throw out there that I would rather buy the lens than go from a D800(E) to D810.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep. Fantastic camera. I went from D300 to the D810 and the high ISO of modern cameras is astonishing.

Edit to add: Did you get the 14-24? Amazing lens. I like the images better than the 24-70.  Just going to throw out there that I would rather buy the lens than go from a D800(E) to D810.
View Quote

In true arfcom fashion, I came home with both.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Even better!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Here too. D810 with D3200 as lightweight backup. Hell of a rig.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, just upgraded.

Recent trip to Spain.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't see any difference between my D800E and the D810, I'll wait for the next generation for an upgrade and I print large face mounted acrylic landscapes (larger than 40x40 inches). The new Canon 50 MP camera intrigues me. Of course if I went that route I'd have to get ird of the Nikon 400 F/2.8g I just bought for my Yellowstone adventure.

The ultimate would by a Phase One
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I didn't see any difference between my D800E and the D810, I'll wait for the next generation for an upgrade and I print large face mounted acrylic landscapes (larger than 40x40 inches). The new Canon 50 MP camera intrigues me. Of course if I went that route I'd have to get ird of the Nikon 400 F/2.8g I just bought for my Yellowstone adventure.

The ultimate would by a Phase One
View Quote

I saw a pretty significant bump in the 810 from my 800e.

My buddy has the Pentax 645Z.

That is a beast.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Could you expand on that please?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The micro contrast and detail in both the shadows and the highlights is noticeable.

The autofocus is much faster and the shutter is MUCH more quiet.

The amount of detail it resolves without the OLPF rivals that of medium format systems.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The micro contrast and detail in both the shadows and the highlights is noticeable.

The amount of detail it resolves without the OLPF rivals that of medium format systems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting on the AF speed and shutter being quiet, though I never complained about either.
As to detail and micro contrast, same was said about the D800E, which also lacks a filter.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Just sold my 800. 810 is on the way, just in time for Norway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top