Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2015 4:39:56 AM EDT
Posted some product photography type stuff I had done previously.  I don't enjoy the product stuff near as much as exploring my city and finding new angles and ways to capture it from.  If you're local and ever want to meet up and shoot let me know! (guns or cameras )

Also, one of these shots is a famous Walking Dead location...can ya tell me which one?

Let me know what y'all think! Constructive critique is always appreciated!

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:56:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool. Pics look awesome.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks awesome, care to share your setup?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Good job Luke!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are able to get there after dark, you should try going to the Botannical Garden.  Some really nice views of the city in the back ground with artwork in the fore.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#5]

whoops, wrong thread  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Haha nailed it!

Thanks y'all!  Some of these pictures were taken with a Nikon D80, the more recent ones with a D7100.  

As far as lenses go the main one I use is a Nikon 18-200 VR II.  I use the same Manfrotto tripod that I use with my spotting scope.

However, overall the lens I use most is a Nikon 50mm 1.8.  I use that almost primarily for a bit of an art project I am working on about the people of Atlanta.  I will make a thread about it eventually.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you are able to get there after dark, you should try going to the Botannical Garden.  Some really nice views of the city in the back ground with artwork in the fore.
View Quote
I keep meaning to do this.  I want to visit this spring when everything is in bloom to play with some macro shots.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
All nice, but second from the bottom is my favorite.

Nice.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice work.  I've got some shots from around town tucked away somewhere.  I wouldn't mind getting together sometime, pick up some pointers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nice work.  I've got some shots from around town tucked away somewhere.  I wouldn't mind getting together sometime, pick up some pointers.
View Quote
Would love to see them!  Feel free to shoot me an IM.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:45:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Few more...I love me some roof tops.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#12]
They look great. Makes me miss it.

I'll move back one day.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

They look great. Makes me miss it.

I'll move back one day.
View Quote
Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#14]
So...

It was a nice warm spring evening.  I had just dropped my daughter and her friend off for a concert and I didn't want to drive out west, just to turn back around in a couple hours and drive back into the city.  Plus, I wanted to be close in case anything stupid happened.  So I took a walk.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#15]
The walk turned a little macabre, for a little while.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice shots!
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:37:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Was that Undergound Atlanta - is UA still even small shops or is it toast?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice shots everyone. Reminds me of when an old roommate and I used to go around downtown photographing the city and also around the airport at night (set up on Loop Rd). While one person was shooting, the other was watching the surrounding area for unfriendlies.

One thing we learned very quickly, your head has to be on a swivel at all times. We were younger and didn't have a lot of situation awareness. Thankfully nothing went bad.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#20]
That sunset shot is ad quality, seriously.  One thing I would change, though, would be to correct the perspective on it.  It wouldn't need much at all, and would make that shot perfect, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That sunset shot is ad quality, seriously.  One thing I would change, though, would be to correct the perspective on it.  It wouldn't need much at all, and would make that shot perfect, IMO.
View Quote
Good call!  Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top