Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2014 2:02:10 PM EDT
I took these a while back, but seeing the previous dog pics got me going back and analyzing them.  Here's a couple I took one evening.  The setup was me, Bailey, an AlienBee light and the setting sun.  I used the sun as a back light so I wouldn't have to bring other lights out, and had the light pointing about a 45deg angle to camera left.  I was trying to get her in a running pose but it didn't work out.  She's a pain in the ass but we still keep her around, lol.

This shot had the light to camera right.  I can't remember if I used my cheap PaullBuff radio triggers or just a simple sync cord.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
awesome!
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Great work with the lighting!

I have not decided if I like the tilted effect, but it is good that you used enough tilt that it is obvious you did it on purpose instead of "just a little by mistake".
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great work with the lighting!

I have not decided if I like the tilted effect, but it is good that you used enough tilt that it is obvious you did it on purpose instead of "just a little by mistake".
View Quote

Thanks!  Comes from shooting sports I guess haha.  I've always done it to make it more dynamic, although the way you tilt can end up making it worse lol.

I wish I hadn't shot her paw off, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top