Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2014 12:56:22 PM EDT
Saw some people had new D810's. Just thought I would post this for anyone who has one or ordered one.

We have received a few reports from some users of the Nikon D810 digital SLR camera indicating that noise (bright spots) are sometimes noticeable in long exposures, and in some images captured at an Image area setting of 1.2× (30×20).

After looking into the matter, we have determined that some noise (bright spots) may on occasion be noticeable when shooting long exposures, and in images captured at an Image area setting of 1.2× (30×20).

Nikon service centers will service these cameras that have already been purchased as needed free of charge to the customer. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Identifying affected products

To check whether or not your camera is one of those affected by this issue, please click the Affected Product Serial Numbers link below and enter your D810’s serial number as instructed. Your camera’s serial number will be checked against those of affected products. If your camera is one of those affected, you will be forwarded to additional instructions. If your camera is not one of those affected, you may continue using your camera without concern for this issue.

LINK
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine is in the affected group, but I'm holding off for now. I have a couple of big shoots coming up and I don't need to be risking UPS possession of my rig. I very, very rarely shoot under those circumstances, so there is no urgency for the fix. Also, I assume I will get a little quicker turn around after the rush dies down.

Who knows, there could be another advisory in the next few months. I'll get them both at once!
Now, if Adobe would hurry up and get the new tethering driver released...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have one, but my friends might, so I shared with them.. thanks for getting the word out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top