Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2014 7:22:54 PM EDT
Which lens would work the best for my Canon Rebel t4i?

would like to take stills and video of night time hunts.

Thanks

the lens I have now is auto focus and that makes the camera wonky
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Low light is not the forte of Canon cameras. My 7D hunts like crazy in low light.
It just cannot see in the dark. Full frame sensor cameras do much better in low light.
But the King of low light is the Nikon full frame sensor cameras.
No matter you need big glass to collect as much light as possible meaning F1.2 or 1.4 lenses. Zooms will not cut it here and you will most likely have to manual focus because Canons AF system just cant do it in low or little light
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, my question has to do with the photography of the viewfinder on the PVS-14.

I have the set down adapters to enable the devices to be directly attached to each other, but the large variable lens does not like the extreme close up.

Anyone that can steer me in the right direction?

thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]
use a 50mm f1.8 lens. TNVC say it is to be used with a 46mm lens, so the 50 is the closest
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Low light is not the forte of Canon cameras. My 7D hunts like crazy in low light.
It just cannot see in the dark. Full frame sensor cameras do much better in low light.
But the King of low light is the Nikon full frame sensor cameras.
No matter you need big glass to collect as much light as possible meaning F1.2 or 1.4 lenses. Zooms will not cut it here and you will most likely have to manual focus because Canons AF system just cant do it in low or little light
View Quote

An IR laser should get the focus dead on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
use a 50mm f1.8 lens. TNVC say it is to be used with a 46mm lens, so the 50 is the closest
View Quote

He may need a macro lens or extension tubes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top