Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2014 1:22:32 AM EDT
I was reading the internet about a few firmware hacks that people made. Apparently, you can install the hacked firmware via your SD card, and it gives you more options for ISO, shutter speed, etc. It also lets you set shutter speeds for longer than 30-second exposure. That would be good for me, because I like to try long-length exposure without having to hold down a cable release button.

On the other hand, I don't want to turn my $600 T3i camera into a heavy paperweight, if the firmware update has any chance of failing.

I was looking at Magic Lantern and it looked interesting. I think I will try it and then I will post and let you guys know how it worked.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I used it for a little on a T4i before I sold it for a Nikon. It had some cool stuff if I remember right.

Install wasn't hard or anything.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have run Magic Lantern on a T3i, never tried it on a T4i. The T3i you can do some amazing stuff with the software.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have CHDK on my point and shoot, it works well most of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top