Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2014 12:55:03 PM EDT
how difficult/easy would it be to insert/overlay one video into another, akin to picture-in-picture (PIP) in the top left corner, for example...?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be fairly easy.  I would get a popular free video editor and look for a tutorial.

Something like Lightworks

Pip tutorial
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
In something like Adobe After Effects it's easy. Start a new comp, drag the big or bottom clip to the timeline, drag the smaller clip on top. Scale down the top clip and move it to where you want it, then render. Depending on the clip sizes, resolution etc etc rendering would take more time than the actual "work".
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
If someone had Adobe After Effects I do not think that they would be asking about video overlay.  I have not used a consumer video editing program in about 10 years, but I would think that most would have the ability to do it.  I know that this thread is kind of old but if you have not already done it and still need some help please post up, or send me a PM.  I work in Video Production full time and will help if I can.

Phil
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In something like Adobe After Effects it's easy. Start a new comp, drag the big or bottom clip to the timeline, drag the smaller clip on top. Scale down the top clip and move it to where you want it, then render. Depending on the clip sizes, resolution etc etc rendering would take more time than the actual "work".
View Quote
If you have AE, good chance you have Premiere and don't need to do anything other than import, resize, and transform.

Creative Suite 2 is quasi free too, so no need to fudge around with lightworks, not to mention codecs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top