Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 8:59:28 AM EDT
Gents, Picked up a new ax58 yesterday. Was going to go with a Nikon d5300, but the guy talked me into the Sony. Not sure if its a good or bad thing yet, he made it seem like a no brainier, but who knows.

So, Who uses Sony cameras? Specifically The AX58? I got three lenses, the kit 18-55, a 55-200 and a 50mm. So far, I have only used the 50, and I LOVE it. Great lens.  

Well, lets hear it!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll find some good info here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/1037
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Good cameras.  I use mine a lot.  While it was my first DSLR,  And has some age on it now,  I still use it over my D-90.  The nice thing about the Sony A mount cameras is that you can use Minolta AF lenses.  Which can be had for pretty cheap.  

Photo bucket makes the pics look a little fuzzy unfortunately.  But this pic was taken with my old faithful A200 IIRC with a Minolta 70-210.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sony makes good stuff.  The most common complaint is that the lens selection is noticeably smaller than Nikon's and Canon's.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sony makes good stuff.  The most common complaint is that the lens selection is noticeably smaller than Nikon's and Canon's.

View Quote
Not a DSLR, but my NEX5N with a fotodiox F-mount adapter has been perfect for me.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah, i noticed that. However, it seems like you can buy non VR (nikon trademark, but it works) lenses since the body of the Sony has the stabilization has it built in to the body. Which cuts down on cost quite a bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top