[#1]
Originally Posted By M4Real:

Originally Posted By ZW17:
I love Vern's mom.
I get her when you're done with her.

Thirds
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
So anyone going to be on tonight? I have tomorrow off, so.........

Link Posted: 4/16/2009 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bushtree:
So anyone going to be on tonight? I have tomorrow off, so.........

Be on in about an hour.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
Originally Posted By ZeroZero:
This thread should be re-titled to "This has nothing to do with anything  besides how retarded we are"

So which is better to use on my G3 while trying to get distance shots, the red dot or an ACOG, and what color camo is best to conceal the G3

Neither. Use an M14. For distance work, it's what I prefer.

Sharky should definately buy a new Xbox. And introduce the old one to some Tannerite.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sandit:
This thread should be re-titled to "This has nothing to do with anything  besides how retarded we are"

So which is better to use on my G3 while trying to get distance shots, the red dot or an ACOG, and what color camo is best to conceal the G3

Sharky should definately buy a new Xbox. And introduce the old one to some Tannerite.

Havent unlocked the M14 yet, I'm that guy thats always bitching because I dont have it. I just picked up Major last night, zero-ith prestiege
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]

I love Vern's mom.

Thirds

you guys love goats??
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AKTactical:

I love Vern's mom.

Thirds

you guys love goats??

Gets lonely in Iraq
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By AKTactical:

I love Vern's mom.

Thirds

you guys love goats??

Gets lonely in Iraq

http://www.muttonbone.com/

For those cold, lonely nights...
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont even know why you knew that link
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#10]

but you clicked it...didnt you?

Link Posted: 4/18/2009 3:25:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Sniper1444:

Yes
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Yes

I haven't, but for some reason I bet it's not work safe.

Link Posted: 4/18/2009 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Pita_146:

Yes

I haven't, but for some reason I bet it's not work safe.

It's totally work safe...if you're a prostitute.
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Well my 360 is apparently fixed and on its way back. It should be here next week. Only two weekends w/o it isn't to bad
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By kf6myv:

Well my 360 is apparently fixed and on its way back. It should be here next week. Only two weekends w/o it isn't to bad

Mine is starting to freeze up every so often. Just freezes for a couple of seconds then goes back to working fine. Anybody know what causes that?

Link Posted: 4/18/2009 3:19:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6Demon6Face6] [#16]

Originally Posted By kf6myv:

Mine is starting to freeze up every so often. Just freezes for a couple of seconds then goes back to working fine. Anybody know what causes that?

OoA.

Overload of Awesome. Don't worry, it happens to a lot of people when I log in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Havent unlocked the M14 yet, I'm that guy thats always bitching because I dont have it. I just picked up Major last night, zero-ith prestiege

Do you mean to tell me that you did CoD5 before you did CoD4?

Ah well, at least you'll appreciate the awesome more.

Got to play with GR8TWYT, Freecon, and another guy whose name escapes me. That was a blast! Haven't had that much fun since I got accidentally turned loose in a group of low level Noobs.

Quality play skills, no random teamkills, and good banter.

Not sure what happened, but my A+ game even made a rare appearance. Usually I can tell if I'm doing good because I don't go negative on my kills.
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 11:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mikhail_86] [#18]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Got to play with GR8TWYT, Freecon, and another guy whose name escapes me. That was a blast! Haven't had that much fun since I got accidentally turned loose in a group of low level Noobs.

Not sure what happened, but my A+ game even made a rare appearance. Usually I can tell if I'm doing good because I don't go negative on my kills.

Yep, didn't buy a wireless adapter until W@W came out. I am a freaking beast on that game but 4 still has me lacking. I think once I finish learning the maps I should be good
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 1:04:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Yep, didn't buy a wireless adapter until W@W came out. I am a freaking beast on that game but 4 still has me lacking. I think once I finish learning the maps I should be good

Still don't have Chinatown memorized yet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#21]

That's because chinatown blows. It doesn't get played enough for most people to memorize it because everyone votes it because they haven't memorized it.

Even with it memorized, that map still blows.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 6Demon6Face6:

That's because chinatown blows. It doesn't get played enough for most people to memorize it because everyone votes it because they haven't memorized it.

I did a walkthrough of that map. I thought I was thorough. I still get lost.

The ironic thing is that it was a fan requested map too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:09:24 AM EDT
[#23]

I agree, it blows.

I hate when you get spawned and don't immediately recognize where you are.  Sometimes by the time you get your bearings you're already dead.

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#24]

I agree, it blows.

I hate when you get spawned and don't immediately recognize where you are.  Sometimes by the time you get your bearings you're already dead.

I'm having minor amounts of trouble with that anyway, having been away for so long.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#25]

I agree, it blows.

The thing I hate the most is that tactics go out the window on Chinatown. The are so many places to get shot from. It's a pure run and gun map. I like to ambush people at choke points. I move from spot to spot depending on where the other team is spawning.

For example, the other day I was 26-0 on Creek before the other team got to me. I was killing them coming from the low side while they were trying to come over the hill and then I would shift over and shoot them when they would attempt to come around the end near the creek. At that point there was only 45 seconds left in the match.

Yes, I'm a camper.

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#26]

I agree, it blows.

The thing I hate the most is that tactics go out the window on Chinatown. The are so many places to get shot from. It's a pure run and gun map. I like to ambush people at choke points. I move from spot to spot depending on where the other team is spawning.

For example, the other day I was 26-0 on Creek before the other team got to me. I was killing them coming from the low side while they were trying to come over the hill and then I would shift over and shoot them when they would attempt to come around the end near the creek. At that point there was only 45 seconds left in the match.

Yes, I'm a camper.

I on the other hand(despite my name), I like to Run and Gun, so I like ChinaTown.

My real pet peeve in the game is the spawns....
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Just do want prodigal does on Chinatown sit on the stairs to the room above the DVD shop and just lay some claymores at the other windows. Or have someone watch that side.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Cant wait...

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#29]
THIS

PLUS THIS  

WOULD BE AWESOME!
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#30]

i understand; all the buildings are the same style, so people have a hard time getting their bearings.  you can't learn the map in one sitting, and you can't learn every facet of the map at once.

you gotta break down learning this map into two steps:

1. you have to try to find the few areas/landmarks that stick out from the rest.  the first step i took to doing this was trying to always be able to orient myself in relation to the grassy area.  you then have to find the other landmarks (dvd store, market) and do the same thing.
    2. when you get the big picture of the map down, you start learning the interiors, and how they relate to the outside areas.

once you can do that, you'll start owning the ones that always skip and never bother learning the map.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#31]
the box is on its way back...
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#32]

I agree, it blows.

Yes, I'm a camper.

Good job. But remember, you are useless to your team after 7 straight kills. 26-0 is good, but think about the amount of kills you coulda gotten with your marshmallow gun AND 3 choppers.

For me the key is not staying alive, but instead, dying at the right time.

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I did not realize until saturday afternoon that a used copy of COD4 still cost $45.00
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#34]

I agree, it blows.

Yes, I'm a camper.

Good job. But remember, you are useless to your team after 7 straight kills. 26-0 is good, but think about the amount of kills you coulda gotten with your marshmallow gun AND 3 choppers.

I rarely get 7 straight kills so that's not really a factor for me.

What's a marshmallow gun?

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#35]

I agree, it blows.

Yes, I'm a camper.

Any gun used by one who sits around a fire and tells ghost stories to himself while the rest of the team does his job for him.

Camping is a legit strategy. But when it becomes a lifestyle, then you need to find another game because you're bored.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 8:47:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Real] [#36]

I agree, it blows.

Yes, I'm a camper.

Any gun used by one who sits around a fire and tells ghost stories to himself while the rest of the team does his job for him.

Camping is a legit strategy. But when it becomes a lifestyle, then you need to find another game because you're bored.

Oooookkkkkaaaaayyyy.

Hey, what's your gamertag?

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Ripper888

I'll be on in like 15-20.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AgentOhm:

i understand; all the buildings are the same style, so people have a hard time getting their bearings.  you can't learn the map in one sitting, and you can't learn every facet of the map at once.

1. you have to try to find the few areas/landmarks that stick out from the rest.  the first step i took to doing this was trying to always be able to orient myself in relation to the grassy area.  you then have to find the other landmarks (dvd store, market) and do the same thing.
    2. when you get the big picture of the map down, you start learning the interiors, and how they relate to the outside areas.

once you can do that, you'll start owning the ones that always skip and never bother learning the map.

That's a good tip. I guess I need to run around the map some more.

Soylent, look at it this way. CoD4 has been out for a year and almost six months. The Game of the Year edition is still selling at the original pricew at Walmart. That should tells you just how good this game is. I've never seen another game do that for this period of time. Gears of War didn't last this long at its original price.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AgentOhm:

That's a good tip. I guess I need to run around the map some more.

Soylent, look at it this way. CoD4 has been out for a year and almost six months. The Game of the Year edition is still selling at the original pricew at Walmart. That should tells you just how good this game is. I've never seen another game do that for this period of time. Gears of War didn't last this long at its original price.

That's 'cause no one wants to play a game in which you have to dump half a mag into someone's face to kill them. It's so slow paced and moving in that game is a chore.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry i havent been on at all lately, been really busy.

Things should slow down a bit next week and i will be back on like normal, so dont go deleting me from your lists just yet.

-meeeehhaaadd
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#41]
As of Jan. 3rd we hit 10,006,606 unique users who have ever played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on Xbox 360 and have connected to Xbox Live at least once after playing.

That number got us curious as to how many of those 10 Million+users finished the F.N.G. mission, or beat Airplane on Veteran (among other things). Well, it turns out:

71.1%, or 7,111,508 people have completed F.N.G.

That’s more than the entire population of Hong Kong (which is 7 Million).

68.8%, or 6,886,509 people have completed Cargo Ship.

This is the same number of adults in the US who were morbidly obese in 2005.

46.5%, or 5,654,643 people have beaten the game on any difficulty.

This is more than the current population of Finland!

2.8%, or 283,632 people have completed Airplane on Veteran difficulty.

The population of Stockton, CA is 280,000.

So if you’ve beat Airplane on Veteran difficulty, then congratulations. You’re in a very elite club. Considering less than 3% of players have been able to do it.

Now keep in mind, these are only players on Xbox 360 (who have also connected to Xbox Live at least once). So there are more than this playing Call of Duty 4, we just can’t track them. For PS3, we pulled MP-numbers only, and it looks like theres approximately 4,381,276 unique users playing PSN (not including SP-only players).
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#42]

I'm replaying CoD4 on the Veteran difficulty. I'm stuck on a mission, and haven't gotten to the Airliner mission yet. And I really want Mile High Club.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#43]

And yet you joined in.....

That's because I'm a retard. duh.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#44]

a) RDS
b) donkey
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#45]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By VegasEgo:
BTT

This isnt the EE Vegas
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#47]
BTT

This isnt the EE Vegas

This isnt the Ofishul WaW thread Mikhail!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#48]
BTT

This isnt the EE Vegas

This isnt the Ofishul WaW thread Mikhail!!!!

Hey now, I play 4 too
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Haha COD4 is like the fat ex gf, no matter what you always go back for one more ride!
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Haha COD4 is like the fat ex gf, no matter what you always go back for one more ride!

How'd you know about that?
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top