User Panel

WoW (Page 90 of 92)
Page / 92
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Right on, thanx :)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I lost interest in WoW again. Lack of flight after max level killed it for me. I re-subbed to EvE Online.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:21:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PsyKo] [#3]
Bumped my DK up to 90 last night, is it normal that it deleted my gear and everything in my bags? Did I miss that warning in the fine print? Any chance of getting it back or is it lost to the gold sink?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PsyKo:
Bumped my DK up to 90 last night, is it normal that it deleted my gear and everything in my bags? Did I miss that warning in the fine print? Any chance of getting it back or is it lost to the gold sink?
View Quote

Finish the intro quests and you get all the skills and stuff back in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You get it all back once you complete the *sarcasm* educational and informative *sarcasm* tutorial.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By munsen:

I lost interest in WoW again. Lack of flight after max level killed it for me. I re-subbed to EvE Online.
View Quote
I've done that many times. Eventually I just gave up WoW.

Eve is awesome as long as you have people to run with. Mining and manipulating markets IS fun, but it takes a heck of a lot of work.

Good times though and Eve, IMO, is such an amazing MMO and market-driven game. I'm sure there are "real" economists who have gleaned much from studying Eve markets.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Twelvepack:
You get it all back once you complete the *sarcasm* educational and informative *sarcasm* tutorial.
View Quote

lol, nice, i only logged my dk for a minute then switched to my other toons to figure out how much gold i had.
when did they make mounts account bound? nice to have all my rare mounts on 9 toons lol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By hoosier122:

Eve is awesome as long as you have people to run with. Mining and manipulating markets IS fun, but it takes a heck of a lot of work.

Good times though and Eve, IMO, is such an amazing MMO and market-driven game. I'm sure there are "real" economists who have gleaned much from studying Eve markets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've always liked Eve Online more than WoW, I just have more time wrapped up in WoW. That's quickly losing its hold over me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]

I've always liked Eve Online more than WoW, I just have more time wrapped up in WoW. That's quickly losing its hold over me.

View All Quotes

how hard is it to switch from wow to eve?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Freyr:

View All Quotes

It depends on you really. Som might pick it up, some will get frustrated immediately. There is a graphic floating around on the net. Google "eve online learning curve".

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#11]

lol, nice, i only logged my dk for a minute then switched to my other toons to figure out how much gold i had.
when did they make mounts account bound? nice to have all my rare mounts on 9 toons lol.
View All Quotes

Mounts and pets went account wide a while ago.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

With the way leveling works in EVE you literally cannot catch up with the end game people who have been playing since the beginning. There is no curve perse, it's a sequence of tutorials and a lot of trial and error. It weeds out the retards pretty fast. Leveling is quick to begin but will very soon become a tedious and time consuming process. Traveling any distance in the game is mind numbing. I made it 2 months into the game and it completely lost its appeal. I'm not one to walk away from games but the time sink was too much. I actually said fuck it, I've better shit to do, and that was a first.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tyrendeth:

With the way leveling works in EVE you literally cannot catch up with the end game people who have been playing since the beginning. There is no curve perse, it's a sequence of tutorials and a lot of trial and error. It weeds out the retards pretty fast. Leveling is quick to begin but will very soon become a tedious and time consuming process. Traveling any distance in the game is mind numbing. I made it 2 months into the game and it completely lost its appeal. I'm not one to walk away from games but the time sink was too much. I actually said fuck it, I've better shit to do, and that was a first.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tyrendeth:

doesn't sound like my kind of game. Thanks for the review
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Got my 690 ring, and the 1st of many missions for the "collect a bunch of shit from the raid bosses" chain.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Gorgor/advanced
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]
My monk hit 85 last night. Tanking dungeons is starting to get a bit slow. I'm kind of amazed that the quality of players hasn't improved this far into the game. You don't have as much accidental stuff like ret paladins running around with righteous fury, now it's bossy dps players trying to run the show and pull mobs to set their own pace. So far the healers I've gotten have been cool with standing back and watching those players die.

Now I'm kind of dreading getting to 90 and running with boosted toons. Expecting classic huntard style derp all over again.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Masterbagger:
Now I'm kind of dreading getting to 90 and running with boosted toons. Expecting classic huntard style derp all over again.
View Quote

Much hunter stupidity indeed. I hit 99 on my DK yesterday doing a mix of questing and dungeons with my cousin on his holy priest, and have yet to see a competent hunter. Ran with one yesterday who kept MDing a rogue, not that it matters much with DK tank threat being what it is right now, but we got some good laughs out of it in mumble.

I played my hunter for about an hour and can't believe how much they have dumbed down the class since last I played, where did all of the attacks go? Hard to believe there are people who can't figure it out now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Hunter derp has been as bad as it was in vanilla wow. I routinely get those oh shit moments when they instantly fire off a multishot and bring in additional packs of mobs I wasn't trying to pull. Plus the pets will always have growl on and mess with how I position the mobs and bosses. I've also run with hunters who had shitty attitudes and used misdirect to pull mobs and dump them on me because they felt the pace wasn't fast enough. Kind of glad my toon has shadowmeld.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#19]
The boosted 90s haven't even been a blip on my radar.

In every game I've ever played there's a wave of skill you have to catch.  For WoD that wave has come and gone until the next raid comes out.

We're now in what I think of as the sloppy period.  Decent/good players on alts, casuals, and...worst of all...bad players on alts who think they know best because "I've got a level 100 already, this is an alt!"

You can have good dungeon runs...but you're going to get a lot of groaners.

I did better than I have the last couple of expansions...I got a couple of toons geared up in LFR before it was heavily populated with imbeciles.  Did a shitload of heroics with really good random groups...that ship has definitely sailed as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:07:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Much hunter stupidity indeed. I hit 99 on my DK yesterday doing a mix of questing and dungeons with my cousin on his holy priest, and have yet to see a competent hunter. Ran with one yesterday who kept MDing a rogue, not that it matters much with DK tank threat being what it is right now, but we got some good laughs out of it in mumble.

I played my hunter for about an hour and can't believe how much they have dumbed down the class since last I played, where did all of the attacks go? Hard to believe there are people who can't figure it out now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Masterbagger:

Reminds me of this quote.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Im pretty stoked, we got Heroic Imperator and Mythic Kargath last night.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Roor:
View Quote

Gratz!  Always fun to check new bosses off the list.

See the video of a raid full of DKs taking down Mythic Kargath?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:13:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#23]

View All Quotes

Congrats!

This video?  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DPDf4BZnwAp

That isn't mythic, only 17 people,no purple skull by the minimap, and no tigers trying to eat people.  But, still fun to see what class stacking can let you do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:

Congrats!

This video?  

That isn't mythic, only 17 people,no purple skull by the minimap, and no tigers trying to eat people.  But, still fun to see what class stacking can let you do.
View All Quotes

Congrats!

This video?  

Haha no thats not us.  Our guild is called Haze and its mostly Shadowmoon people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:05:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Congrats!

This video?  

View Quote

No, there's a different one out there, set to music, AC/DC IIRC, and it's mythic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#26]

No, there's a different one out there, set to music, AC/DC IIRC, and it's mythic.
View All Quotes

Congrats!

This video?  

Sorry the congrats and the question about the all DK one was separate.   If you can find that post a link.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Did some Blackrock Foundry heroic last night,  we got Gruul down after a few pulls, and are working Oregorger.  Best pull we got him to like 30%ish.  We still need a solid way to keep people alive on the transitions.  New mechanics AFAIK.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Did some Blackrock Foundry heroic last night,  we got Gruul down after a few pulls, and are working Oregorger.  Best pull we got him to like 30%ish.  We still need a solid way to keep people alive on the transitions.  New mechanics AFAIK.
View Quote

For some reason I hopped on my old DK back on Arthas (PvP) on Friday, and just on a whim asked if any guilds were recruiting, and all the sudden I'm in this cool guild running all sorts of stuff.  They knocked out BRF heroic last night in what seemed to be no time...but they definitely said it was way harder than HM.

I just popped 100 and ilvl 610 before I hit the sack last night, so I won't get to be a part of the BRF fun for awhile, but they're continuing to run HM on all levels, and I haven't done any of that, either, so getting there is going to be fun.

Really shocked, by the way, at how tame the world pvp was.  Arthas used to be populated mostly with bitter griefers who had nothing better to do than ruin your fun.  I won't say I went 85-100 without a fair number of scuffles...but far fewer than I expected, and no griefers, no campers.

I really, really, really wish I had got my Arthas toons into Garrisons long ago though....leveling as fast as I did, I looked to see how short on resources I was for my level 3 upgrade...and I had 68 resources.  It's gonna be a long, painful grind to 2000.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I just got into my garrison @ 91 and just started the lvl3 upgrade. I am liking the new content. I really blazed through 80-90 in Pandaria and have not yet scraped the surface of the dungeons, but despite that I have taken some really good gear drops. My guild is pretty much all lvl 100s so I have to do the LFG deal on dungeons which is ok.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#30]
With some strategy changes for Oregorger heroic we dropped that, and literally 2nd pull we killed Beastlord.

http://i.imgur.com/ThgpW3C.jpg Oregorger possible paths,  he goes the direction that he can eat the most ore.  So you can guide him if you kill crates in the right order.

This is the video we based our strat on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGEPPf6qAE

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#31]
We got Blast Furnace tonight on normal.  Holy shit is that fight overtuned for a normal encounter.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Got Hanz n Franz and Flamebender last night.  5/10H so far.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:45:30 AM EDT
[#33]
bump. Where is everyone at with this? Im just waiting for 6.2 to be released. also I have been pugging a lot on alts.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#34]
I leveled my priest to 100. Other than that, dropping out again. The game is just boring now. There is no sense of community anymore. I can play skyrim because it requires just as much interaction with other people to advance(none). Wow wrecked it all with lfg/lfr.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Powerkicker:
I leveled my priest to 100. Other than that, dropping out again. The game is just boring now. There is no sense of community anymore. I can play skyrim because it requires just as much interaction with other people to advance(none). Wow wrecked it all with lfg/lfr.
View Quote

Yep. The community is what made the grinding and BS worth the time you wasted, and it's died off because of LFG/LFR. You don't even need a guild anymore really. I got to 91 after the expansion came out and said fuck it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:44:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: godzillamax] [#36]

Originally Posted By M82Assault:
Yep. The community is what made the grinding and BS worth the time you wasted, and it's died off because of LFG/LFR. You don't even need a guild anymore really. I got to 91 after the expansion came out and said fuck it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M82Assault:
Originally Posted By Powerkicker:

Great points! I've been a long-time MMORPG player dating back to UO and EQ (and countless more since then) and I beta tested WoW. But I haven't played WoW since early 2009 (played wrath of lich king for a few months then quit when most my pals/guild did). I tried getting back into MMORPGs with Rift (played for many 6-8 months) and Star Wars The Old Republic and played SWToR off and on for a few years, but just couldn't put my finger on why the genre [today] just doesn't have the appeal it once did for me. But you nailed it. When I was playing early MMORPGs like EQ and WoW it was the community, friends/guild, and difficulty to achieve "end-game" content that made the game/experience worthwhile.
Star Wars The Old Republic was really a single player game with the option for multiplayer. The only reason to interact with other players is IF you felt like running an instance/raid. And even then, you aren't reliant on a committed group of pals all working towards a common goal. With old(er) MMORPGs like EQ or WoW not only did you need a committed guild to run end-game content, but those individuals had to put forth individual effort to get to a point of being able to do end-game content (e.g. gearing up, leveling trade skills, etc.). The sum was when your pals/guild accomplished end-game content it really felt like an achievement.
IMO the industry has swung the MMORPG pendulum from hardcore (EQ and vanilla WoW end-game raiding) to too easy (Star Wars ToR, et al.). I haven't played a MMORPG in close to a year now, and have a few on my radar that might have potential once released, but overall I feel like what made MMORPGs fun and memorable games has been tossed aside in the name of appealing to a perceived wider "casual gamer" audience. But the reality is casual gamers come and go quickly, thus leaving developers struggling to rapidly condense servers, transfer characters, and figure out how to make money with their game.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm up to 6/10 M in Blackrock,  didn't think I'd keep active.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm still plugging along I have several new alts and working toward another 100 toon now 94. I have Horde and Alliance toons on related servers. I left my last guild because of the elitism. They had all been playing forever and some really disliked newbs and would give you a tell to inform you that your newbishness was boring and annoying

My cousin formed a few guilds on both factions and I joined her. I began leveling toons and saving gold waiting for the new update. I heard the harbor was going to required like 20k gold? I stopped working up my garrison to save farming savage blood to sell. I joke and call it World of Garrison.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Well after our 1st week raiding we're 6/13 heroic Hellfire Citadel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Well after our 1st week raiding we're 6/13 heroic Hellfire Citadel.
View Quote

Grats. I quit for good about 4-6 months or so ago. Can't keep up with the Jones anymore.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I quit at the end of MoP.  I was thinking about buying WoD, but I just don't have the time to play, and several people told me WoD
got boring quickly.  So I think I've quit for good too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JasonMPA:
I quit at the end of MoP.  I was thinking about buying WoD, but I just don't have the time to play, and several people told me WoDgot boring quickly.  So I think I've quit for good too.
View Quote

I made it to level 91 after WoD dropped. They set out to pretty much make a Vanilla 2.0, and they succeeded... But they missed the point that made the vanilla grind fest bearable and fun.... A good community. There's really not much of a community left, just hop on and LFD, LFR, and pug raid your way to winning.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#44]
we bashed our faces against Hellfire for a bit - 3 bosses in for 2 nights of raiding - I'm just not in it anymore....

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone doing any pvp for this season (6.2)?  I'm looking for some people to pvp with on my rogue.  Pm me if you are interested.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#46]
New expansion reveal on Aug 6.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:

Another one already?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
Originally Posted By AISTech:
New expansion reveal on Aug 6.

Another one already?

They're revealing what it will be about at Gamescom.  Maybe the release date too.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I downloaded the free trial, got one toon to 20 and am working on another now. I'm not sure if I want to buy the game or not.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CarnageRush:
I downloaded the free trial, got one toon to 20 and am working on another now. I'm not sure if I want to buy the game or not.
View Quote

You don't.
Page / 92
WoW (Page 90 of 92)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top