Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

WoW (Page 92 of 92)
Page / 92
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven’t played for a couple of years  now. Any good reason to get back in?
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:35:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Powerkicker:
I haven't played for a couple of years  now. Any good reason to get back in?
View Quote
Despite the differences I talked about in my post at the bottom of page 91, at it's core, it's still WoW.  If you liked the basic game play concepts and want more of it just a easier group content, that would be your reason.  Lots and lots of little additions and new types of game play but nothing super innovative has happened due to the limitations of the very old original structure.

The graphics are nicer and updated now if that matters.  Nothing like a modern high end PC game but, much better than the original.  I forget how badly the original content really looked until I zone back for some reason and think "Holy fuck this was ugly".  The zones of the last two expansions look a lot better in comparison.

It is easy to forgot that that version of the game launched in 2004, until you go back and look at
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm actually still sitting on a free-to-play account.  Once I get my all base toons up to 20, I'll open the subscription.  No BfA for a while, so no level boosts; with all the changes to the old world, I want to do all that content again.  I was absolutely shocked when I took a flight to Org from TB and saw that scar, so I think I need to reacquaint myself to all the changes.

I like how Blizz keeps talking about running Classic, but I wonder just what version of classic they are talking about.  I remember when BRM was "end-game" - the 4 month grind to 60 was the game.  I used to love kiting dragons around to major cities, I doubt they would bring that back.  Every single update nerfed some OP class due to a group crying to devs, so which class gets to OP build?

I'm trying to remember all the good addons.  Which one has the HUD that looks like a reticle with my, and my target's health and casting bars at the center like this --->  (( o ))

So far, I just have bartender, move anything, & titan bar.  I'll get DBM, Atlas, & damage meter once I go to full subscription.  Looking for a good healing addon too, I wouldn't mind playing a healer, I already know ranged dps play.

I saw someone selling a white mammoth (I think) mount for 4.5 million last night.  I have less than 10g on all my toons combined.

I also forgot how bad having no real bags is.  The first thing I did when making an alt was to mail them all the bags they needed and 100g.

I'm on Kil'jaeden horde, should anyone also be on that server.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:05:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 3:21:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#5]
Originally Posted By TokerM:
I'm actually still sitting on a free-to-play account.  Once I get my all base toons up to 20, I'll open the subscription.  No BfA for a while, so no level boosts; with all the changes to the old world, I want to do all that content again.  I was absolutely shocked when I took a flight to Org from TB and saw that scar, so I think I need to reacquaint myself to all the changes.

I like how Blizz keeps talking about running Classic, but I wonder just what version of classic they are talking about.  I remember when BRM was "end-game" - the 4 month grind to 60 was the game.  I used to love kiting dragons around to major cities, I doubt they would bring that back.  Every single update nerfed some OP class due to a group crying to devs, so which class gets to OP build?

I'm trying to remember all the good addons.  Which one has the HUD that looks like a reticle with my, and my target's health and casting bars at the center like this --->  (( o ))

So far, I just have bartender, move anything, & titan bar.  I'll get DBM, Atlas, & damage meter once I go to full subscription.  Looking for a good healing addon too, I wouldn't mind playing a healer, I already know ranged dps play.

I saw someone selling a white mammoth (I think) mount for 4.5 million last night.  I have less than 10g on all my toons combined.

I also forgot how bad having no real bags is.  The first thing I did when making an alt was to mail them all the bags they needed and 100g.

I'm on Kil'jaeden horde, should anyone also be on that server.
View Quote
If you want better bags and want to "fast foward" past that part, let me know your toons name and I will mail some over.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Already uninstalled

Busy with work and tired of the same grind every expansion

Maybe I’ll get back into it when work slows down
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
If you want better bags and want to "fast foward" past that part, let me know your toons name and I will mail some over.
View Quote
Hell yea, I can use some bags!

Pick any toon, I play them all until I can decide what my main will be:
Qbert - Troll Shaman
Fransys - Undead Priest
Hooka - Tauren Druid
Quellara - BE Warrior
Fexilliia - Goblin Warlock
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:12:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#8]

Hell yea, I can use some bags!

Pick any toon, I play them all until I can decide what my main will be:
Qbert - Troll Shaman
Fransys - Undead Priest
Hooka - Tauren Druid
Quellara - BE Warrior
Fexilliia - Goblin Warlock
View Quote
Damn, apparently you cannot sent mail to different servers unless they are cross realm connected, which ours are not, I am on Aggramar.  Usually it's name-server, I tried Qbert-Kil'jaeden but it's telling me I can't send mail to that server.  Google says the only way to send things between non-cross connected servers is account bound items. IE sending your own stuff to yourself.

I guess they do this so you can't send mass value items or gold to another server cluster and screw with that server's economy, since each cluster's economy is it's own contained ecosystem.  Sorry man.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
Damn, apparently you cannot sent mail to different servers unless they are cross realm connected, which ours are not, I am on Aggramar.  Usually it's name-server, I tried Qbert-Kil'jaeden but it's telling me I can't send mail to that server.  Google says the only way to send things between non-cross connected servers is account bound items. IE sending your own stuff to yourself.

I guess they do this so you can't send mass value items or gold to another server cluster and screw with that server's economy, since each cluster's economy is it's own contained ecosystem.  Sorry man.
View Quote
Interesting, I was wondering how you were sending that.  Right as I left, they were starting the cross-server stuff.  I guess they also have cross-server chat channels now too?  I kept seeing people chatting in Durotar and noticed the hyphenated names.  First thought was they started listing guild names in the chat line now.  Second thought was "whythefuck are there so many RP guilds on this server, and why aren't they RPing?"  Third thought was "why would you name a guild after the name of a server?"

Then the light bulb went on.

Tailoring seems pretty simple now.  My lvl16 lock already has 100+ in the skill just from making bandages for the warrior.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#10]

Interesting, I was wondering how you were sending that.  Right as I left, they were starting the cross-server stuff.  I guess they also have cross-server chat channels now too?  I kept seeing people chatting in Durotar and noticed the hyphenated names.  First thought was they started listing guild names in the chat line now.  Second thought was "whythefuck are there so many RP guilds on this server, and why aren't they RPing?"  Third thought was "why would you name a guild after the name of a server?"

Then the light bulb went on.

Tailoring seems pretty simple now.  My lvl16 lock already has 100+ in the skill just from making bandages for the warrior.
View Quote
Yep, my server Aggramar is linked to a server called Fizzcrank, so I see Fizzcrank and the player name in chat all the time.  As the player base dwindled due to the panda expansion they ended up with a bunch of servers that all had a low population on them.  This had negative affects on things like the auction house.  Stuff was getting hard to find and expensive.  It also impacted things like raiding.

So they solved the problem by linking several servers together.  The player base of each of the linked servers suddenly all played together in the same instance of the game. I was away from the game when it happened as well and it confused the fuck out of me too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
So, I ran my first instance last night.

Holy FUCK!  I do mean RAN!!  Burnsy, you weren't kidding when you said they run fast now.  I got pulled into a group that was about 1/3 into wailing caverns while on my warlock.  I only figured that out when I zoned in and was barely able to catch up to the group, and that was only because I saw the last guy running around the corner and 'just went that way.'  Nobody spoke, I don't know if the bosses in the ravine were skipped, or if they were cleared before I got there, because within 15 seconds after killing the final boss, I found myself the only person left in the group.  I went back through and picked up the quests I could get to, but there was NO communication.  People were pulling mobs even before we downed the one we were on.

I was warned...

This brings up an interesting question.  I was always a ranged dps class.  I started messing with a rogue towards the end, but my comfort is in ranged.

I started this thinking I wanted to go either tanking or healing, but I don't really know those classes.  I figured I could learn them while I leveled.  There's no way to learn how to properly tank or heal running instances like this.  How are these run now?  Healer concentrates on keeping the tank alive, tank keeps running full bore through, and ranged just needs to keep up - consider themselves lucky is they get a heal if they need it?  Not really knowing these low to mid range dungeons anymore makes me think I shouldn't run them as a tank.  Do people care if you run as a fury warrior, as long as you fill the dps role?  If I download one of the healer addons, is healing these instances just as easy as "keep on the tank?"  I could probably handle that.

At this point, I'm thinking about dumping the warrior, rarely running the priest, shaman, and druid, making the warlock the main, and maybe start a mage.

2-
I do not trust the auction house.  I refuse to believe <lvl25 BoE greens are selling for thousands of gold.  No way.

3-
Nobody groups up for quests.  They just run in while you're on a mob, put a one hit tag on it, then come back through and pick up the loot once you kill it.
That sucks as a warrior on elites, since I have no way to heal myself (besides pots and band aids.)  I get the aggro, while the priest casts a couple smites.  I die, and all the healers and ranged finish them off.  By the time I get back, it's reset.  That said, my warrior is one of the faster leveling zones, but I think that due to the BE starting zone.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:53:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy] [#12]
Wall of text incoming.

LOL yeah people are absolutely nuts now and if people never really cared about DPS before in runs, they give NO fucks now.  Out of mana?  Died and don't know how to get back to the group?  Face down on the floor in real life from a heart attack? Zero fucks given.  They will keep trucking in silence and leave you lost, dead in a pool of lava, whatever. As long as the tank and healer are up, the task at hand is to run head long into EVERY FUCKING THING as fast as fucking possible and let the whatever DPS happens to still be standing sort it out .

I used to be a healer but that was a long time ago.  I have been a mage for quite a while now. From a DPS point of view you pretty much have it.  If the tank is at 100% and the healer is bored, I might get a heal thrown my way here and there but DPS is extremely expendable.  I mean don't get me wrong, if you spend the time to multitask and save the DPS if they do something retarded, they will love you for it but, on my server(s) at least, you are on your own for the most part in a PUG.

I did use healing mods back in the day, remember when spells had levels/ranks?  level 1-whatever flash heal etc?  It used to be a trick when a healer goes out of mana (this never happens really anymore) you could cast a lower rank of the same heal spell.  It would heal for less but it would cost less mana, so you might have just enough juice left in the gas tank to save the tank's ass and down that boss.  The mod did that shit for you.  So you basically right clicked on the party member's portrait and it picked the most efficient rank of the most efficient spell to bring them up to full health while using as little mana as possible on it's own.  Spell levels or ranks are not a thing anymore but I am sure there are still mods for healing.

I learned to do it manually at first but after that got boring the mod took the work out of it.  It was called heal bot and it looks like it still exists:
https://wow.curseforge.com/addons/combat/healer

Tank stuff, no clue, never had one.  I do see DPS warriors in my pugs though.  People seem to be fine with whatever because stuff is so much easier than it used to be.  The tank role never really appealed to me because I am lazy.  As I am sure you know, the tank is the one person who has really has to know where he is going, what a boss is going to do etc.  I prefer to just stand where I am supposed to and nuke the thing trying to kill the tank.

There was one in...kara? maybe not, it was underground in a cave I remember that, that required the fucking mage to tank....I don't know who at blizz thought that bullshit up but I hated that fucker as I was the one the guild geared up...with cloth...strength gear...to....tank....as a mage....what in the fuck .  None of that shit really exists anymore except in raids, you still have to know the fights well in those but even they are dumbed down compared to back in the day.

Regarding learning, yeah I imagine no one really runs those old instances anymore.  I think your best bet is to have fun leveling up then when it's time just learn while doing.  You might wipe a few times and the group might get a little cranky but who cares, you gotta learn somehow and you will probably never see them again anyway.  I imagine about half way through the run you will have it figured out.

2.  The AH isn't lying, it really costs that much on there.  The thing is everyone has a fuck ton more money than they used to, so selling something for 20 gold is just pointless.  They know everyone has money and most any level 25 is an alt, so they charge out the ass for stuff.  I wouldn't bother with it as you will grow out it so fast anyway.  I would just stick with whatever you get from quests and keep upgrading, it will do a good enough job to see you through just fine.

3.  Yeah it use to be, the first person to tag a mob claimed it, it turned "gray" for everyone else.  Not the case anymore, you can tag something someone else is killing most of the time with one hit and it will count for you.  There is a trick to most of the elites though you have to kill for quests.  On the right side of your screen where the quest log is, if a quest is a "group quest", usually requiring killing an elite, there will be a green eyeball looking icon to the right of the quest tracker.  Click it and it will bring up a new box.  There will either already be an existing group that you can click on to join who are already killing that elite, or there will be nothing there.  If that is the case click the create group button.  That will create a new group listing for killing that particular mob and anyone on the same question can join.

Now it might no look like there is anyone around you but as I understand it, things are "phased" now.  It's kind of like instances where only your group goes in an instance and no one else can join you, except it works in the outside world.  There are probably players standing around looking at the mob waiting for a group to start up BUT you can't see them UNTIL you join their group or they join yours.  Just watch for that green eyeball next to your quests.  If it's there are you are looking at the mob you need to kill, click that fucker and you will figure it out.  Like an instance, as soon as the mob is dead and you loot it, everyone will start dropping from the group in a few seconds and they will disappear.

Now, this might not work great for you in your low levels because it will just depend on how many around you are also leveling up.  There will certainly be less people to join a group than the number of people playing the current expansion at level 120.  But it's better than dying over and over to stupid thing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#13]
If the AH isn't lying, I'm fine.  I never used to buy things (rarely) on the AH. and I assume a lot of it sold now is for the jewelcrafters? inscribers? one of those professions to tear apart for mats.  For some reason, my priest keeps finding BoE greens all over the place.  If those sell at auction for even half of what the going prices are, I should have 6 figures before 60.

I didn't notice the icons next to the quests, thank you.  I remember when they added the LFG function.  That came out with TBC.

I've also been using the tag and run tactic for quests on my instant cast dot toons. run around, flame shock for you, flame shock for you, flame shocks for everyone at once! YAY!!  The starting areas on this server bank are crowded, but everyone is in basement-dweller-I-don't-like-friends mode.  Nobody replies to whispers, no conversation about helping, just run and tag.  Being old school, I kept on sitting in /1 with LFG for [click on quest]  Only for the warrior on elites though, that's the only toon I can't really solo on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 11:33:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigDug] [#14]
Fired up my accounts after 6 years away.  Have 4 level 85s to grind up.  

I’m going to level up my pally to 120 and then decide if I want to use my 2 110 boosts on my 85s or some other lower level toons.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm putting in a ticket to see about restoring my old account.  When they first started letting you shift things around in your account, like sending a crap-ton of gold to a new server and faction, they specifically stated that Murky was not movable.  He was only going to show on the toon that bound him, and that was the way it was always going to be.

I now get the suspicion that Murky shows as a battle pet, and is account-wide.

If that's the case, I'm thinking of dumping the current account, and re-rolling new Horde toons, maybe on a new server.  We'll see what the mods say.  The account should have been connected to my email, but that was before battle.net.  When I started the new account, they never mentioned reactivating the old one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I have not played in 2 years. I played from BC through WoD and quit after 2-3 weeks of Legion. I hated the direction the game went. I remember having a blast leveling in BC and getting a sense of accomplishment when you did something. Running everywhere for 40 levels only to get a 60% increase in speed was extremely gratifying.

I will never knock anyone for enjoying the game in its current state, but it is most certainly not for me. It just doesn't feel right to me. I will wait patiently for WoW Classic and my level 101 Warlock will remain in its current state, idle. I'll gladly start all over.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#17]
8.1 looks like it will either make this expansion or break it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#19]
So I have only just started playing the starter game, and am considering going further...should I?

Also, what class and profession should I go with?
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry if I missed it, but has anybody started a ARFCOM community in WoW? Anybody else have Horde toons on Sen'jin? Been playing since 2006. I still like the game, even though it's a grind at times. Mostly just do M+ nowadays with some pug raiding.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]
lots of wow classic news at blizzcon, things are looking good so far.

release date was stated by blizz as summer 2019, and easter eggs in the dev presentation point towards 7/16 specifically.

only raid content at launch will be mc/ony... not even bgs at first.

gotta say, i'm excited.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:50:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
I wonder if the economies in server will be like the old days too.
View Quote
it was stated explicitly that horde and alliance auction houses will not be linked, so that'll be as it was.

nobody has mentioned what sort of population caps servers will have though.  i know private servers nowadays easily hold 10k+ people... that's a lot more competition for the same resources.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BrickFrog:

it was stated explicitly that horde and alliance auction houses will not be linked, so that'll be as it was.

nobody has mentioned what sort of population caps servers will have though.  i know private servers nowadays easily hold 10k+ people... that's a lot more competition for the same resources.
View Quote
I will come back for Vanilla WOW.  Horde rogue for griefing alliance players
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I will renew my subscription after 3 years away when Classic launches. Going back to my roots and rolling an Orc Warrior.

I've been trying out different classes for 20 or so levels on Khronos 3 for the last two months and I just got to be a tank in Classic.

Any interest in an ARF guild?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mrkma:
I will renew my subscription after 3 years away when Classic launches. Going back to my roots and rolling an Orc Warrior.

I've been trying out different classes for 20 or so levels on Khronos 3 for the last two months and I just got to be a tank in Classic.

Any interest in an ARF guild?
View Quote
Classic has me pumped and I’m not afraid to admit I nearly cried during the rewind cinematic when the music swelled an the dwarf hunter looked out over the gates of Ironforge. I was an open beta player that stayed until Wotlk and dabbled in Panderia and WoD. I’m going to be rolling a troll hunter. Once we get a server list I’d be up for an Arf guild.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Not going to lie this makes me want to build a new pc to play, but I don't think I have the time to really play it like I used to.

Arathi Basin at lvl 60 again....I'm getting goosebumps.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Any word on if Classic will be eventually progressing into Burning Crusade?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:31:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TokerM] [#30]
Question on the current version.

Is there any reason to level the professions from the expansions?  I have 6 toons, all at max "classic" professions (300 in everything, sans archeology.)  I started leveling my warlock in Outland because I needed to get 16 slot bags to all my toons, but I don't see a need to level tailoring all the way to Outland 75, as it has no effect on any work I would do later - Northrend does not seem to require 75 Outland tailoring, just a level requirement.

The same could be said for all my toons professions.  About the only thing I would need in engineering is mounts, no reason to level any leatherworking or blacksmithing (gear will be eclipsed as I level,) and gathering professions are only good for the zone I'm in.  I doubt flasks from Outland and Northrend are big use in end-game.

I'm thinking I just need to play a toon as far as I need, in order to level it to max zone level (80 for now,) and just pull the profession recipes I easily can (training and vendors,) before leaving the stuff from that expansion alone.  The only issue would be with my own OCD for not "finishing" an expansion.  Playing this round as a casual, I figured I would slowly level each toon as though it was there all along.  Toons go to 60 in classic, 70 in Outland, 80 in Northrend, etc... Professions would work the same, but my 'lock is already at lvl 65 and I'm only halfway into Zangarmarsh.  At this rate, I would hit 80 before getting out of Outland, and not do anything in Northrend, but there are profession recipes I would want from there; if I would try to level professions without simply dumping a lot of gold on the AH for mats, I would quickly run out of breathing room.

Mount grinds seem like they are best left for lvl 85+ from reading some of the guides.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I am about to quit. Guns have taken over and I don't play my characters anymore, neither its high enough to sell my account.

Better I should Watch Football on Livefootballol.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone still playing BFA?  I recently came back and am really enjoying it.  Played classic for a while and then realized I didn't want to do the same sh1t I did 10 years ago.  

Love doing Mythic + and not having to dedicate a whole evening to raiding for good gear.

Look me up on Illidan Horde, TommyDH.  Would love to meet others from arfcom!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JVD] [#33]
Real ouchie for black lotus farmers in classic. Went from 170g to 50g pretty much overnight.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#35]
9.0 in 2 days! I can't wait for the new customization options and to finally unlock all the allied races without the rep grind
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
9.0 in 2 days! I can't wait for the new customization options and to finally unlock all the allied races without the rep grind
View Quote

How long is the zombie infestation supposed to last? I remember it being a huge pain to turn in quests last time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Schlange:

How long is the zombie infestation supposed to last? I remember it being a huge pain to turn in quests last time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Schlange:
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:

That actually doesn't start Tuesday. They've temporarily delayed the pre-expansion content. We're just getting changes to the base game Tuesday, including BFA content now being free.
Page / 92
Next Page Arrow Left
WoW (Page 92 of 92)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top