Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 12:31:09 PM EDT
I know there was a thread around here somewhere, but site search has failed me, and I have failed an Internet search on this site.

I'm looking for something that will support Voice Attack and not break my wallet.  

Link to the previous thread would be fine as well.  I neglected to add the recommendations from there into my Amazon wishlist.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Grab any headset you like, and buy a modmic.

$55

https://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Microphone/dp/B00T6XUL8S

I have a set of Audio Technica AD700x and 700, both sound amazing and the modmic works awesome.

I used it with Voice Attack as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
An interesting solution for certain.  Unfortunately I don't have a headset with a 3.5 mm jack plug, and the mic itself is more than I was planning on for the headset w/ mic.

On a related note, do you have any idea what the headset used in the video is?  It appears to have mesh for the outside of the earcups, indicating to me that external sounds wouldn't be blocked.  I'd be interested in something like that if I were to go the route you suggest.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An interesting solution for certain.  Unfortunately I don't have a headset with a 3.5 mm jack, and the mic itself is more than I was planning on for the headset w/ mic.

On a related note, do you have any idea what the headset used in the video is?  It appears to have mesh for the outside of the earcups, indicating to me that external sounds wouldn't be blocked.  I'd be interested in something like that if I were to go the route you suggest.
View Quote
Sennheiser hd650

Hyper X Clouds go for $80 and are probably the best all in solution anywhere near the price range. For $50 you can try the Hyper X Stinger, supposedly they're nice for the money.

Anything below $50 and you're likely buying the same chinese crap out of the same factory with different brands on it so I wouldn't worry about it.

edit: What do you mean you don't have a headset with a 3.5mm jack? You're looking for a new one right? I'm confused as to what you're looking for. Cheapest solution would be to buy decent-ish cans and a separate mic.
phillips shp9500 $50
zalman zm1

The headphones are consistently praised. The mic is only $8 and is "good enough". I used that mic for about a year and never had any complaints from anybody.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
An interesting solution for certain.  Unfortunately I don't have a headset with a 3.5 mm jack, and the mic itself is more than I was planning on for the headset w/ mic.

View Quote
I'm not sure which headset is in the video, but I use these:  Audio Technica ATH-AD700X  $88.13

You get what you pay for.  I really enjoy my headset.  You don't need a headset with a 3.5mm jack, you just need a audio port for an analog mic (red socket on sound card or front of pc).  The mod mic comes with attachment sticky things that you put on the magnets.  Put one end with the sticky on the headset, the other end is on the mic itself, using magnets to keep it attached, really strong and works great.

I recommend any headset you personally like, with a mod mic.  I just happen to have the one linked above.  Mod Mic can be used with "any" headset, as it's a standalone mic that plugs directly into your sound card/onboard audio jack, or front panel mic jack.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I use these and they use 2 usb ports
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know what voice attack is, but love my wireless Logitech G930. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't know what voice attack is, but love my wireless Logitech G930. 
View Quote
It's voice recognition software. It's popular in elite dangerous and similar games because you can voice control a lot of game functions ("fire fox 1" fires missiles, etc)
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sennheiser hd650

Hyper X Clouds go for $80 and are probably the best all in solution anywhere near the price range. For $50 you can try the Hyper X Stinger, supposedly they're nice for the money.

Anything below $50 and you're likely buying the same chinese crap out of the same factory with different brands on it so I wouldn't worry about it.

edit: What do you mean you don't have a headset with a 3.5mm jack? You're looking for a new one right? I'm confused as to what you're looking for. Cheapest solution would be to buy decent-ish cans and a separate mic.
phillips shp9500 $50
zalman zm1

The headphones are consistently praised. The mic is only $8 and is "good enough". I used that mic for about a year and never had any complaints from anybody.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An interesting solution for certain.  Unfortunately I don't have a headset with a 3.5 mm jack plug, and the mic itself is more than I was planning on for the headset w/ mic.

Sennheiser hd650

phillips shp9500 $50
zalman zm1

Both of my current headsets are USB, so no 3.5mm plug (sorry, I originally said jack, I meant plug).

Thanks for the other recommendations.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
So no one has a link to the previous thread?  

It had some nice, lighter weight digital headsets that I was interested in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top