Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2017 12:02:13 AM EDT
Not sure if this OK here or not.

So as the title says the group I am in is recruiting. The group is called Raven Tactical

We are not exactly a mil-sim group in the sense but we try to play realistically (radio comms, movement, etc). There is no rank structure so you won't be looked down upon unless your a complete shit bag in real life to begin with.
There are a few videos missions and a montage on the page from before I was a member. I will post a few videos that I have uploaded on YouTube down below with my perspective.
The mods we play with are:
RHS & its associated sub mods
Cup terrains & its associated sub mods
Our own pack the bundles multiple mods under one banner(ACE, ST-hud, mag repack, taskforce radio, etc..)

We have "event nights" every Sunday and Tuesday at 8pm EST unless its a significant holiday and last for about 2 hours(usually 2-4 missions).If no one has a mission ready one of usually runs a Zeus mission till we are bored.
Upon joining and before your first "event" you will have to go through a simple "Patrol Qual", which is basically needed so you know how to use the mods and have your key bindings set up "properly" to you liking.
As far as I know we also do our own in house missions. All the missions I have played have been made in house by various members, so I have no idea if we have played any found on the workshop.
Also in missions, we don't have any set roles although a few of us prefer certain ones(I myself like to be MG or AT)
If you have mission making experience that is a plus and would complement the few in the group that do. Also if you are willing to learn that is great as well.
There are about 18 members in the group at the moment and we usually have about 10-12 at any given event.
We only usually accept members that are 18 or older(for maturity)but there have been a few exceptions to that(shouldn't be a problem with anyone from here).
The group has its own sub reddit(member only) mainly to post about updates to the mod-pack or for attendance for upcoming events.
We ask that you make at least half the events a month(4/8) if you are unable to attend let someone know and that counts as having attended the event.

One of the guys also hosts a lightly modded version of the Liberation(Capture the island) game mode either on Altis or the new Malden map from time to time.
We don't play any other game modes in ARMA(KoTH, Life, ETC) together, but most of us do play other games together. Rocket League, League of Legend, and Wargame just to name a few.

A few of use do have prior real life military experience. The "leader" of the group is prior Air Force, Me and another member are prior ARMY and one guy I think is retired NAVY(I do know he was NAVY though).

Anyways if you want you can contact me through here or Steam my screen name there is Postman(same avatar as here) and I'll give you any info I can or direct you towards one of the dudes "higher" in the group then me.

Here's are my videos I mentioned above-
"Over the Top", Raven Tactical, ARMA 3 - 5/16/2017
Tanoa Insurgency, Raven Tactical, ARMA 3 - 6/4/2017

EDITS: Spelling and stuff, Blue are things I forgot that I mentioned in the 2nd post.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I might get to have hubs and I look into it.Unless you or anyone in your group is against females ?
I have over 6 k hours in Arma3.I was also an Admin on a A3 server for a year.we also play Player Unknown Battleground on a regular basis.Husband is prior .mil.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I might get to have hubs and I look into it.Unless you or anyone in your group is against females ?
I have over 6 k hours in Arma3.I was also an Admin on a A3 server for a year.we also play Player Unknown Battleground on a regular basis.Husband is prior .mil.
View Quote
No we are not against females. I think there have been a females in the group before I joined. There are a few things I forgot to put in my OP that I will edit in.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I would be interested in playing, but I can't make most of the event nights. Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Age is not a problem here.. I am 51 and he is 47 ( yeah I like em young..lol)
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Interested in seeing what your group does and how me and some friends could fit in. We have a core group of about 5 guys that are looking to fit in with a larger group, but not a group of 50 plus players or anything. Your description sounds like a great fit. We enoy playing Co-Op or custom created missions. I will send you a Friend Invite on Steam. My id is Chop111.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you still looking for players?
Prior .mil (REMF tho) who spends more time screwing with the mission editor than playing missions
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#7]
This is just a follow up-

The invitation to join is still open. Since the original post I have kinda kept track of how many people we have on event nights and it is around 8-12.

We are not Shacktac, so don't come in thinking we are a large group with massive missions.
Which I think is a problem we had with a few other prior people who have joined, played for a month then quit.

Like I said in the OP there are about ~18 total members. Some may not make every event as real life does get in the way from time to time.
I know of one member whose work gets in the way a lot so he may only make a handful of events but he finally has decent time off and should be able to make more events.

Also event nights lately have usually been 1-2 missions depending on time length. We are also currently running an "ALIVE" campaign on the Lythium(sp?) map which is basically "COIN" ops.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 5:36:49 AM EDT
[#8]
If I get back into arma I might try to jump in , I miss all the milsim arma 2 and 3 I used to do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top