Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/4/2017 1:45:06 PM EDT
So I'm pretty content with my Asus 24" 144hz monitor, but being part of the PC Master Race, you're always looking to upgrade.

Saw this:

https://www.amazon.com/LG-34UC79G-B-34-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B01LW5CGIS/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1501868529&sr=1-7&keywords=lg+ultrawide+monitor

LG 34" Ultrawide 144hz refresh.

Anyone have any experience with Ultrawide gaming monitors?

Can I even play Far Cry 3 on the thing?

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They're nice for gaming, but not so much for web browsing (less vertical resolution) and watching movies (aspect ratio).

ETA: 34" is too big for 2560x1080 IMO
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
1080P 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1080P 
View Quote
What's max refresh on 4K?

60hz?

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

60hz?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1080P 

60hz?

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Man this is making me itch to upgrade My Acer Predator 27" to the X34 for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got an Acer Predator Z35 and I love it.

Sure the snobs are going to turn their noses up at 2560x1080p, but I didn't feel like spending two grand on video cards to run poorly optimized console port games at 144hz 4K when my aging eyes can't tell a difference anyway. Plus having lived with the quirks of SLI for years I'd rather run a single strong card than two of anything anymore, bleeding edge be damned.

I have my Z35 connected to a single GTX1080FTW card and it manages to put up 90+ FPS on nearly everything I play at max settings. And with the Gsync on it never tears even when the framerate fluctuates.

Some of my own personal feelings on ultrawide monitors in general:

- Lots of bonus lateral workspace so you can have two things open at once and it almost feels like twin monitors without the split in the middle. It is common for me to have a web browser open on the right and something work related open on the left.
- My monitor is curved, many are not... the curve is 100% gimmick and it doesn't add anything to your viewing experience. I moved to the Acer Z35 from an LG ultrawide monitor that was flat and I never notice the curvature.
- Many games still do not natively support ultrawide and there are a LOT of quirks to playing them. Sometimes it means a superscaled image with the top and bottom cut off, sometimes it means black bars on the sides, sometimes the UI doesn't align anymore, sometimes the game will just hate you.
- Flawless Widescreen is your friend, and be prepared to seek out hacks and garage fixes

That said once you get a good game that has native ultrawide support across the board it is a thing of beauty. Having owned two ultrawide monitors I will never go back unless they just stop making them, and I'll also never go back to a 60hz cap either. For me the only way to play games now is ultrawide and at the highest FPS I can generate.

I had a bunch of ultrawide screen caps I made from the last ultrawide thread... I'll have to see if I still have them somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
A 120hz 1440P will be more future proof.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've got an Acer Predator Z35 and I love it.

Sure the snobs are going to turn their noses up at 2560x1080p, but I didn't feel like spending two grand on video cards to run poorly optimized console port games at 144hz 4K when my aging eyes can't tell a difference anyway. Plus having lived with the quirks of SLI for years I'd rather run a single strong card than two of anything anymore, bleeding edge be damned.

I have my Z35 connected to a single GTX1080FTW card and it manages to put up 90+ FPS on nearly everything I play at max settings. And with the Gsync on it never tears even when the framerate fluctuates.

Some of my own personal feelings on ultrawide monitors in general:

- Lots of bonus lateral workspace so you can have two things open at once and it almost feels like twin monitors without the split in the middle. It is common for me to have a web browser open on the right and something work related open on the left.
- My monitor is curved, many are not... the curve is 100% gimmick and it doesn't add anything to your viewing experience. I moved to the Acer Z35 from an LG ultrawide monitor that was flat and I never notice the curvature.
- Many games still do not natively support ultrawide and there are a LOT of quirks to playing them. Sometimes it means a superscaled image with the top and bottom cut off, sometimes it means black bars on the sides, sometimes the UI doesn't align anymore, sometimes the game will just hate you.
- Flawless Widescreen is your friend, and be prepared to seek out hacks and garage fixes

That said once you get a good game that has native ultrawide support across the board it is a thing of beauty. Having owned two ultrawide monitors I will never go back unless they just stop making them, and I'll also never go back to a 60hz cap either. For me the only way to play games now is ultrawide and at the highest FPS I can generate.

I had a bunch of ultrawide screen caps I made from the last ultrawide thread... I'll have to see if I still have them somewhere.
View Quote
Thanks for the info!

I'd rather have 1080P content at 100+FPS than 4K content at 60-75FPS.  

Looks like the HUD in Far Cry 3 takes up a lot of real estate in 21:9:

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I consistently get 90-120 frames on most games I play with my 27" 1440p at 144 HZ (2560x1440) running a 980TI. Wonder how much noticeable difference a 34 would have on performance.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info!

I'd rather have 1080P content at 100+FPS than 4K content at 60-75FPS.  

Looks like the HUD in Far Cry 3 takes up a lot of real estate in 21:9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hscjYs0Ibr8
View Quote
1440P at 144hz.....reasonable in price and way better than 1080P.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I highly suggest not going lower than 3440x1440 for UltraWide given that you have the GPU to push the frames.

1440p is an excellent middle ground between FHD and UHD.

The Acer X34 is an excellent UW curved IPS panel that can be overclocked to 100hz, has G-Sync, 100% sRGB color.
What more can you ask for? Other than a lower price lol

Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a 29" ultrawide flatscreen that I really like.  The colors are great and it's beautiful.  My old 560 ti can run games on it, if only just.

I believe this is the exact model that I have.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC4Z5CP9665
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I've used a few over the years at friend's houses and for work. Like JsARCLIGHT said you kind of lose out on certain things like web browsing but action games, flight sims, racing games, etc etc look great with the extra real estate. Certain shooters don't benefit due to software limitations (*ahem* overwatch) placing black bars on the screen to lock you at 16:9 like everybody else.

As was already covered there isn't anything wrong with 1080p but if you have the hardware for it I'd say 1440p is a noticeable upgrade in a large monitor while not being as completely ridiculous as 4k at common monitor distances. Sorry guys, I know some of you spent a lot of money on that 4k monitor but unless you're right up on that fucker science tells us you're not gaining much/anything over 1440p (or even 1080p at certain sizes). I'd personally take the higher frames any day of the week but I'm generally playing shooters. I think 1440p is a reasonable middle ground for most people without downgrading your frame rate for 4k.

tldr: 1440p ultrawide
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I've only got the LG 29UM67.
21:9   2560x1080
I'm using an r9-390 XFX card that claims it can drive a 4096 x 2160             

The width is nice, but the MMOs I play, like ESO, don't support it well.
They tend to reverse-letter-box.
They spread the normal picture width over the monitor's width.
The rub is that it cuts the 'normal part of the picture' that would appear at the top and bottom on a 'normal monitor' off of the game picture.

I'm seeing Samsung 40" to 55" 4K TVs at Sam'sClub in the mid $500 range.
Whats the deal with using a 4K TV now, where TVs sucked as monitors back in the old days when they were 1080p?
Thats a lot cheaper than a 4K monitor.
Worth going with a pricey nVidia to run one?
I'm asking because I don't know if the OP cares.
I'm not planning on going upscale on my vid card for a while.

tl;dr:
Multitasking works.
Games need to be coded to use the extra width real-estate.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've only got the LG 29UM67.
21:9   2560x1080
I'm using an r9-390 XFX card that claims it can drive a 4096 x 2160             

The width is nice, but the MMOs I play, like ESO, don't support it well.
They tend to reverse-letter-box.
They spread the normal picture width over the monitor's width.
The rub is that it cuts the 'normal part of the picture' that would appear at the top and bottom on a 'normal monitor' off of the game picture.

I'm seeing Samsung 40" to 55" 4K TVs at Sam'sClub in the mid $500 range.
Whats the deal with using a 4K TV now, where TVs sucked as monitors back in the old days when they were 1080p?
Thats a lot cheaper than a 4K monitor.
Worth going with a pricey nVidia to run one?
I'm asking because I don't know if the OP cares.
I'm not planning on going upscale on my vid card for a while.

tl;dr:
Multitasking works.
Games need to be coded to use the extra width real-estate.
View Quote
My lower-midrange samsung 55" 1080p tv from almost 6 years ago that cost me $700 on black friday has an input lag of 44.5ms. A 55" TCL 4k set that costs $680 brand new full price has an input lag of 14ms. A basic 4k monitor over 40" will cost $600-1k. Most of the cheaper ones will be TN panels whereas you can get a comparable VA/IPS panel TV for that much with an extra 10"+. Of course most of these will have lower input lag but probably worse color and no HDR support most of the time.

So 4K TV Pros: Basically guaranteed HDR, cheaper, low enough response time/input lag for all gaming with the exception of competitive level CS:GO and such. Generally better colors dollar for dollar
4K TV Cons: generally higher input lag/refresh rate (not high enough to pose an issue to most people). No adaptive sync (Freesync/gsync, freesync possibly in the future).

4k Monitor pros: Adaptive sync isn't any more expensive in the case of freesync ($200 premium for g-sync would be a con). Better input lag/response times
4k Monitor cons: Much more expensive than a TV of the same size or even a couple sizes up. HDR isn't mainstream. $800 4k monitor will be decent, but you can find a similarly priced TV with better colors, blacks, and contrast that will likely be bigger.

That's an extremely gross simplification but generally for your average gamer a 4k TV will be the best bang for the buck. For those that want g-sync/freesync and need the highest refresh rates a 4k monitor from dell, asus, acer, etc will be the way to go but will cost waayyyyy more.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just sold mine on Craigslist.

It was a 32" HP Omen 2k.  Gorgeous to look at for games, but eye-straining over time when trying to do my daily coding on it.  I wouldn't recommend using these large gaming monitors for work, but since I use the same monitor for my gaming PC and my docked macbook, I need 1 that works for both.  Went back to my LG 27" LED because it fits the bill fine for gaming.
View Quote
Is it mostly the pixel pitch?

The LG is 0.312 mm x 0.312 mm and the Asus I'm using is 0.2768 mm x 0.2768 mm.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My lower-midrange samsung 55" 1080p tv from almost 6 years ago that cost me $700 on black friday has an input lag of 44.5ms. A 55" TCL 4k set that costs $680 brand new full price has an input lag of 14ms. A basic 4k monitor over 40" will cost $600-1k. Most of the cheaper ones will be TN panels whereas you can get a comparable VA/IPS panel TV for that much with an extra 10"+. Of course most of these will have lower input lag but probably worse color and no HDR support most of the time.

So 4K TV Pros: Basically guaranteed HDR, cheaper, low enough response time/input lag for all gaming with the exception of competitive level CS:GO and such. Generally better colors dollar for dollar
4K TV Cons: generally higher input lag/refresh rate (not high enough to pose an issue to most people). No adaptive sync (Freesync/gsync, freesync possibly in the future).

4k Monitor pros: Adaptive sync isn't any more expensive in the case of freesync ($200 premium for g-sync would be a con). Better input lag/response times
4k Monitor cons: Much more expensive than a TV of the same size or even a couple sizes up. HDR isn't mainstream. $800 4k monitor will be decent, but you can find a similarly priced TV with better colors, blacks, and contrast that will likely be bigger.

That's an extremely gross simplification but generally for your average gamer a 4k TV will be the best bang for the buck. For those that want g-sync/freesync and need the highest refresh rates a 4k monitor from dell, asus, acer, etc will be the way to go but will cost waayyyyy more.
View Quote
I appreciate the synopsis more than you know.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I appreciate the synopsis more than you know.
View Quote
NP man. 4k tvs are a steal right now. I'd love a 4k monitor but they're just not priced for the average consumer when you're looking at a performance monitor. I think when 4k market saturation is there we'll see some cheaper stuff.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm not sure.

I just felt it wasn't as easy on my eyes over long periods of time.  But again it was made for gaming and I can see why it was good at that.

Pixel pitch meaning the amount per area?
View Quote
Pixel pitch is what they're calling Dot Pitch now.

Basically, how big the pixels are.

If they're big and you're close, you'll get aliasing and text is going to look like garbage.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I  have an Asus PG348Q 34" Ultrawide. It is amazing. Great picture, G Sync, 100hz refresh rate. Some games require some tweaking to work properly in 21:9 (Skyrim) but it can usually be done. Dark Souls 3 just played with bars on either side of the screen.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I  have an Asus PG348Q 34" Ultrawide. It is amazing. Great picture, G Sync, 100hz refresh rate. Some games require some tweaking to work properly in 21:9 (Skyrim) but it can usually be done. Dark Souls 3 just played with bars on either side of the screen.
View Quote
The reason I'm looking at the LG is because it was retailing around $550, that Asus is $1200.

I'm sure it's baller, but I'm a cheap bastard.

Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I think I want this one:

49" across!

Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, ultrawide is nice, but it's 1080p.

Bad response time as well.  Response Time 14ms / 5ms GTG

Not so bad if you're not a FPS gamer.

But if you're going ultra wide, go 2k or 4k.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

60hz?

View Quote
They're starting to make 100~144hz 4k monitors now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I have the Dell 34" curved ultra.   Was around $750.  Took a while to get used to, but now it is terrible to play on a normal monitor.

World of Warships is awesome on it.  I thought it would make everything stretched out, but most of the new games support the higher resolutions.  

Have played most newer games without any problems.

I have gotten used to browsing on it also, I can now keep like 200 tabs open at the top.    Would not go back.

Also, very nice when I'm working on a power point.  I can have a full PPT open on the right side, and have reference material on the left, full size, so no pulling windows up and down - it is just drag across the screen.  Very handy.  

ETA:  This one.  Would recommend highly.

Amazon Product
  • Dell 34" UltraSharp Curved WQHD IPS Monitor with Stand - Cable Cover - Power Cable - DP Cable (Mini-DP to DP) - HDMI Cable - USB 3.0 Cable - Factory Calibration Report - Dell 3 Year Limited Hardware Warranty and 3 Year Advanced Exchange Service (Includes Zero Bright Pixel Premium Panel Guarantee)
  • Active Display Area (H x V): 798.20 mm (31.43")x 334.80 mm (13.18")
  • Diagonally Viewable Size: 34" (34-inch wide viewable image size)

Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, ultrawide is nice, but it's 1080p.

Bad response time as well.  Response Time 14ms / 5ms GTG

Not so bad if you're not a FPS gamer.

But if you're going ultra wide, go 2k or 4k.
View Quote
I'm looking at the Acer X34 Predator currently.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have the 27" version. It's been a great monitor so far.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#31]
why just 1 ultrawide?
get 2 or 3 monitors
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Just be aware that not all games have resolution settings for ultra wide.

Witcher 3 = Awesome in ultra wide.
Overwatch = Black bars on both sides.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been running my 34" 3440x1440 100hz ultrawide for a few months, and I wouldn't go back. Personal opinion and all, but I love it.

Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I got a smoking deal on a LG 34UC79G-B.

34", IPS, 144hz, 1ms.

Not G-sync, but I can't see any tearing currently.

This is a huge bitch.

Getting 100+ FPS on Titanfall and BF1.

Getting used to all this real estate.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Niiiice!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Niiiice!
View Quote
Thanks!

Just bought the calibration from Darko.

Looks much better now!
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Tagging for now as I need to find a new monitor.  The issue is that 28-32" 4k 100% sRGB (or better profile) IPS displays are freaking expensive.

But it's for photo/video editing.  I'm currently using a ~8 year old Vizio 1080p lcd tv for it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Went from gaming on my 17" gaming laptop to an LG Ultrawide when I built my new PC.

Just about knocked my socks off.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#41]
So....

I'm selling my LG 34" monitor.

Why you ask?

Response time.

They have a gimmicky backlight strobe thing that's supposed to reduce response time to 1ms.

It doesn't really work and makes the screen waaaaay too dark.

So, you're left with the 4ms response time.

They say you can't really tell between a 4ms response time and 1ms response time.

That's BS because I could totally tell.

I was getting a lot of ghosting and it was annoying.

So, for Black Friday, Amazon had this for $220 off retail:

Asus ROG SWIFT PG278QR 27".

It's a TN panel, not IPS and it has honest to goodness 1ms response time.

I totally dig it.

The 2K resolution (2560x1440) doesn't suck either.

It comes at 144hz and you can overclock to 165hz...so I did and I can sometimes even hit that FPS on Titanfall set to Ultra.

Oh, and Gsync is the cat's ass.

So if anyone in the Phoenix area wants a killer deal on a LG ultrawide, let me know.

Link Posted: 11/30/2017 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Damn.  I was just literally just about to pull the trigger on the LG-34UC79G-B after thinking about it all week and came here to verify the model number.

I currently run 2 24" 60Hz Asus panels and have noted tearing without VSync, and my 1060 OC is pushing anywhere between 45-110 frames on PUBG so I thought I'd step it up to a higher refresh monitor.

I decided I was tired of the large duals taking up my whole desk so I wanted to go to one display.  Thought the widescreen would be cool while upgrading.

I went back and forth between 1080p and 1440p but in the end reminded myself I always stay a gen or two behind on gaming tech due to the price.  I'm not going to dump another bundle on a 1080 right now and can't push a 1440p ultrawide properly with my 1060.

Also threw up my hands on Freesync vs. G-Sync.  All of the G-Sync panels seem to have an "NVidia tax" vs. the more common Freesync so after a lifetime of being an NVidia fan I thought I may go Radeon next time.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Damn.  I was just literally just about to pull the trigger on the LG-34UC79G-B after thinking about it all week and came here to verify the model number.

I currently run 2 24" 60Hz Asus panels and have noted tearing without VSync, and my 1060 OC is pushing anywhere between 45-110 frames on PUBG so I thought I'd step it up to a higher refresh monitor.

I decided I was tired of the large duals taking up my whole desk so I wanted to go to one display.  Thought the widescreen would be cool while upgrading.

I went back and forth between 1080p and 1440p but in the end reminded myself I always stay a gen or two behind on gaming tech due to the price.  I'm not going to dump another bundle on a 1080 right now and can't push a 1440p ultrawide properly with my 1060.

Also threw up my hands on Freesync vs. G-Sync.  All of the G-Sync panels seem to have an "NVidia tax" vs. the more common Freesync so after a lifetime of being an NVidia fan I thought I may go Radeon next time.
View Quote
I'm running a 980ti GTX and it can push 1440p frames just fine.

You'd have to check how the 1060 does.

I wish you were closer, I'd let you test drive the monitor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm running a 980ti GTX and it can push 1440p frames just fine.

You'd have to check how the 1060 does.

I wish you were closer, I'd let you test drive the monitor.
View Quote
To add to that, my last card was a 970 SSC and had no issues pushing 1440P in WoW and such, except for larger raids.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks, guys.  I haven't even tried overclocking the Gigabyte 1060 yet beyond factory specs, that could be a consideration too.

So to future-proof myself since I will eventually have a 1080 (or whatever) during my next build, I should probably get a 1440p.

There is also the Acer XB271HU for around the same price as the LG UW I was looking at if I wanted to do a 16:9 144Hz 27" (which would still be a step up from a 24" 60Hz.)  Has G-Sync, too.

Either way I want one display, since alt-tabbing or trying to use the other monitor while in certain games is a drag.  I was going to get a nice tablet for looking up reference sites when playing games and to get some desk space back.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thanks, guys.  I haven't even tried overclocking the Gigabyte 1060 yet beyond factory specs, that could be a consideration too.

So to future-proof myself since I will eventually have a 1080 (or whatever) during my next build, I should probably get a 1440p.

There is also the Acer XB271HU for around the same price as the LG UW I was looking at if I wanted to do a 16:9 144Hz 27" (which would still be a step up from a 24" 60Hz.)  Has G-Sync, too.

Either way I want one display, since alt-tabbing or trying to use the other monitor while in certain games is a drag.  I was going to get a nice tablet for looking up reference sites when playing games and to get some desk space back.
View Quote
I almost pulled the trigger on that very monitor:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N11QIYW/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IX9XMYB2GASB6&colid=2ADDXU5O3UI7E&psc=1

Looks like Amazon has it back in stock.

They say the TN panel is the same as the one in the ROG Swift I just got.

Everyone says IPS color is superior to TN, but the 8 bit panel looks great to my eyes.

The off angle viewing shit is silly, because you'll always be sitting in the ideal spot anyways.

If you've never gamed at higher than 60hz, the 144hz (or 165hz) will knock your socks off.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I have no issues with Doom at 4K with my 980Ti and can maintain 60fps on Nightmare (I think that is the highest right?) settings.

My brother is going to give me a spare 1080Ti of his I think for some reason so I will have 2 980Ti's as spares that he also gave me.  I need to sell them and give him the money.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you've never gamed at higher than 60hz, the 144hz (or 165hz) will knock your socks off.
View Quote
Ok!  Going with this.  I think I will be happy enough going from 60Hz to 144Hz, and from a 24 to a 27 with G-Sync and a display port connection.  I really phoned it in when I got my entry level Asus panels, I didn't really consider gaming monitors a thing back then.

Got the Acer Predator XB271HU.  If I was going to join the Ultrawide Master Race I'd want to get a 1440p and I already admitted I am too cheap to get a 1440p UW or a 1080 right now.  :)

Gaming crisis satisfied...for now.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ok!  Going with this.  I think I will be happy enough going from 60Hz to 144Hz, and from a 24 to a 27 with G-Sync and a display port connection.  I really phoned it in when I got my entry level Asus panels, I didn't really consider gaming monitors a thing back then.

Got the Acer Predator XB271HU.  If I was going to join the Ultrawide Master Race I'd want to get a 1440p and I already admitted I am too cheap to get a 1440p UW or a 1080 right now.  :)

View Quote
I have the same monitor. It's a large improvement over my last 23" 1080P one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congrats!

Like I said, I was this >< close to pulling the trigger on that very same monitor.

It went out of stock, then I waited for Black Friday.

The ASUS came up on sale so I got that one instead.

You're going to dig it!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top