Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2017 6:25:56 PM EDT
From the email message copy/pasted below:

Walmart Logo  Customer Care    

Help Center      My account      

Hi 110,

Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.

In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled.

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates.

I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business.

Warm regards,
Deserie Dulaney
Sr. Director Customer Care
Walmart.com  

------

If anyone else had pre-orders of the Snes classic from Wal-Mart, did yours get cancelled as well?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one on my Amazon wish list/notification list.

Although between scalpers and Nintendo, I'm really not optimistic that I'll be able to get one.
View Quote
I've noticed articles from a few hours ago that Wal Mart is cancelling all pre-orders and refunding those that used Pay Pal.  Seeing some peeved people in comments section.  I am not too happy either as I doubt I will get one now from all the scalpers and I am certainly not going to wait in line just to play some retro games.-or any game for that matter.

Snesfun here I come buddy   (Browser based play of old games)
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I get the nostalgia, but buy some good controllers and build a RetroPie or equiv on your PC instead.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I get the nostalgia, but buy some good controllers and build a RetroPie or equiv on your PC instead.
View Quote
This.

Nintendo won't produce enough, and the library of games will be extremely limited. Digital downloads onto a device everyone has would eliminate the first problem, but even then I doubt they'd be interested in correcting the second.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:41:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Finding these at retail price will be like finding .22lr at retail prices from 2013-2015.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#7]
i would like to get one as a gift but i doubt i will be able to beat the scalpers or the other people pre ordering...for myself i decided just to go full retard and buy original hardware and carts
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]
<plugs my xbox controller into my PC and plays SNES and Genesis>  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top