BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 105
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That removes us from the D1 ARFCOM XBL3 clan....
View Quote
There's no need to stay in the D1 clan though.

The few of us who still play are on each others friends lists anyway.

I dropped the D1 clan last night and sent a request.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. Destiny 1 is dead. Bungie will not be doing any kind of updates to the game any longer. Only update es will be to keep it playable. No more weapon balances or anything else of the sort.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
So did I.  Still pending though... @NorthPolar
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoops.  I just fixed that.  Didn't know I needed to approve clan membership as well.  The site didn't give me a popup for it. 
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/22/ask-bungie-anything-about-destiny-2-ign-first

Few highlights:

IGN user BrigasmV2 asks: Will Destiny 2 Support HDR or have any enhancements on the PS4 Pro / Xbox One X?

Mark Noseworthy: As you can see in the D2 Beta, the PS4 Pro is already supporting dynamic 4K resolution. The Xbox One X ships after D2, so we don’t have any announcements for how we’re supporting it right now but it is something we are interested in. In terms of HDR, we won’t support HDR at D2 console launch. We’re really excited about the feature (I own an HDR TV and want it badly too!) and very much want to see it arrive sometime post-launch. But I can’t promise a date today.
View Quote
IGN user Ranondra asks: Will our characters remain mute through the sequel?

Destiny 2 Game Director Luke Smith: Yep.
View Quote
I'm really disappointed with that one ^  Nolan North (the Dinklebot replacement, if you didn't know) is great, but I generally don't like "silent protagonists" especially with the way this game is presented - Ghost is a sidekick.

IGN user lxl_Linc_lxl asks: Are there any multi passenger vehicles?

Luke Smith: Nope.
View Quote
IGN user Theguy05 asks: Was their anything that the community missed in Destiny 1 that bungie snuck into the game?

Luke Smith: On one hand probably. On the other hand probably not. It just depends on if you’re left or right-handed.
View Quote
IGN user Corgi8 asks: Will pvp and pve been balanced separately or as one?

Luke Smith: PVP and PVE are balanced separately in many ways (things like: outgoing damage across weapon archetypes, ability and melee damage are all different). So I think what you’re actually asking is “Will the combat rhythm for Destiny 2 diverge across PVE and PVP?” The answer to that is “No.” In Destiny you build a character with a bunch of powers, abilities, and we hope, a combat rhythm that is consistent across the game.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Submitted request to join the new clan.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like I requested to join the group. Can I get approved for the clan?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Couple little tidbits for new stuff:

-Energy weapons against enemies with energy shields will have the shield rupture/explode when it drops.  Not sure if it'll be damage or knockback though.
-Nightfall will have a complete by timer that varies by the strike.  So strategy and gear is important.
-Over 80 missions and PVE activities with 'substantial in length, challenge, story and reward'
-There is an official plan for hunters and supposedly it left non-Bungie reviewers happy
-Changes in super and grenade cook time incoming.  Rewards more aggressive play style.  More kills = faster refresh.
-Exotics will be given during the campaign as rewards as well as specific quests, missions, etc for them.  For example, the Warlock exotic below.  Lets you hover while aiming and kills recharge your grenade super fast.  Mission reward.
-Ornaments are going to be back for some specific gear sets.  Not all, but since everything can take a shader anyhow...

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Hunter news is good and I await to see the skill set.The last 2 weeks I've been floofing which has been a ton of fun but I'm a hunter at heart.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]
All hail PS4 exclusives!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Nothing special here xbox guys... carry on.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm fine with exclusives if they are on a reasonable timeline. CoD always had 2-3 months exclusivity which was fine for most people. Hell 6 months would be fine/ But the fact that I'm going to get Taken King exclusives 2 years after launch including the next game release is absurd.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#16]
FWIW, Borealis (the exotic sniper rifle) is kinda 'meh.'  The whole perk for it is that it can change energy types without having to go into a menu and swap.  Just manually reload and it'll rotate to the next one.  Run dry and it'll stay where it was.  Might have something else tacked on, but that's what I saw of it so far.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think (hope) Bungie learned their lesson with making the Playstation exclusives so stupid good at launch, then by the time they came to XBox they were but a shadow of themselves (cough, Hawkmoon, cough).
View Quote
Hawkmoon was still a beast until handcannons as a group were nerfed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Slugpct

I'm excited this should be an awesome game!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone of you get a pre-load notification? Reddit is reporting a pre-load is live for Xbox that says "29.1GB", yet only takes people a minute to download.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Destiny 2 - Official Launch Trailer
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#23]
D2 is pre-loaded! 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Right the with ya...

Now the wait. I took vacation from that Wednesday to the following Wednesday.

I will be also joining the AR crew if it's still open.

ra1tters on xb1
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Added you.

Shame is that I can't preload since I got a physical copy.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Shame is that I can't preload since I got a physical copy.  
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I almost did go with a hard copy. This is my second digital buy and after the let down of the division I am sticking to legacy games only now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#28]
-More exotics are coming back.  Feedback Fence was seen at Gamescom.   So we know Last Word, Starfire Protocol, NLB, Feedback, and a couple others are back for sure.  Bungie is redoing how exotics work, so could be good or bad.
-There is a Vex style set (I think) seen for 1-2 frames in the trailer on a titan
-Ton of Destiny 2 art here.
-Including this odd Osiris (Jovian) art.  Interesting considering one of the expansions is about Osiris.
-EDZ gameplay with spoilers here.  No idea how long the link will be active as it's against Bungie's embargo.  It shows public events, lost sectors, adventure patrols, and Devim Kay (NPC)
-Some Dutch gaming reporters played for 16 hours of the campaign and...
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#29]
cant wait
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Also, clan participation is weak at the moment. Join up!

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#32]
The clan page got nuked?

Or is itjust down for routine maintenance.

Edit autocorrect is a itch-b
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The clan page got nuked?

View Quote
Bungie is doing some maintenance today.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The clan page got nuked?

View Quote
Bungie changed the address with their system refresh.  I'll post a new one shortly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay, so Bungie has officially outdone themselves.  Customisable revive animations are in the gameplay videos.  I've seen one that flashes the Jade Rabbit logo before you drop through the logo and shatter it, another where you come out of the Hive style shadow, etc.

More exotics:
-Old Exotics - (void) Hard Light, Taikonaut, Starfire Protocol, ACD/0 Feedback Fence 
-Warlock helmet 'Eye of Another World' lowers grenade, melee, and rift cooldowns plus highlighting priority targets
-Graviton Lance (void pulse rifle) that every 3rd round does extra damage and recoil.  On kills it shoots out a black hole that over penetrates your target, plus is supposedly sounds awesome.
-3rd subclasses confirmed, although not what they are yet.  Video has them playing a warlock with a tally saying 'arc light stirring' with points towards a subclass unlock.
-Fallen (at least Vandals) have another move option.  Video shows them low crawling on all 6 limbs towards a player.

Jade Rabbit revive @2:06
Hive revive @9:26
Destiny 2 News – EDZ Secrets! 3rd Subclasses Confirmed! Bright Engrams! Returning Exotics!

DESTINY 2 PREVIEW: IMPRESSIONS OF THE EUROPEAN DEAD ZONE
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:01:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Rockstar Energy Drinks
Description: Redeem tab codes for in game gear and games/consoles/motorcycle
1 engram per code, 3 engrams/week/account, 24 total items and 1 additional released item/wk
Known Flavors:
Blueberry Pomegranate Acai [US/Canada]
Burner [Canada]
Original [US/Canada/UK/Germany]
Tropical Guava [UK]
XDurance [Canada]
Zero Carb/Sugar Free [US/Germany]

Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#37]
What is the first character everyone is going to start with? The beta left me very disappointed as a career Hunter but recent news has piqued my interest. However, I've been floofing the past few weeks and feel the strong urge to start fresh with space magic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What is the first character everyone is going to start with? The beta left me very disappointed as a career Hunter but recent news has piqued my interest. However, I've been floofing the past few weeks and feel the strong urge to start fresh with space magic.
View Quote
Hunter for me.  Part of me wants to start with a Titan on release day and reserve a Hunter for playing with my 2 WoW friends who will undoubtedly roll with Titan and Warlock, but I know when I get to that log in screen I'm going to pick Hunter.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#39]
I'll be starting with a Warlock because 2 IRL friends are going Hunter and Titan.  

My 2nd character will probably be a hunter.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In D1, I went warlock, hunter then titan. Right now it's a toss up between warlock and titan, since I wasn't super impressed with hunter in the beta. 
View Quote
It'll be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made to the classes on release.  Titan was clearly the best in beta, Hunter clearly the worst, and Warlocks in the middle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It'll be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made to the classes on release.  Titan was clearly the best in beta, Hunter clearly the worst, and Warlocks in the middle.
View Quote
Not to mention it was sort of like:

1) Titan...2) Warlock.......................3) Hunter

Still going to main a hunter.  Maybe the mysterious 3rd subclass will add some PvE utility along the lines of Nightstalker.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not to mention it was sort of like:

1) Titan...2) Warlock.......................3) Hunter

Still going to main a hunter.  Maybe the mysterious 3rd subclass will add some PvE utility along the lines of Nightstalker.
View Quote
NS is back but to what extent via the slimmed down perk clusters is the real question.

Arcstrider I have literally zero interest in playing. The bottom cluster of Gunslinger had some nice PVE perks.

Knife-juggler. Throw a knife from a distance. Precision knife kills with this Melee Ability immediately recharge it.
Practice makes perfect. Enter a trance with each Precision hit, reducing the cooldown of your Super.
Crowd-pleaser. Enables precision damage with Golden Gun. Precision hits with Golden Gun generate Orbs of Light.
Line ‘em up. Precision hits with Golden Gun increase its damage and extend its duration.

The Voidwalker looks very solid in either cluster and I've had a blast playing it the past few weeks in D1.

ATTUNEMENT OF CHAOS
Entropic Pull. Strike an enemy with this Melee Ability to drain your enemy’s life force and use it to recharge your grenade.
Chaos Accelerant. Hold L1/LB to draw power from your Super to overcharge your grenade, making it deadlier and more effective.
Bloom. Void ability kills cause enemies to explode.
Cataclysm. Nova Bomb travels slowly and seeks enemies. Detonations shatter into smaller seeker projectiles. Fire your weapon at the Nova Bomb to detonate it early.

ATTUNEMENT OF HUNGER
Devour. Kill an enemy wit this melee ability to fully regenerate your health. For a short time afterward, kills restore additional health.
Feed the void. Hold L1/LB to consume your grenade energy to regenerate your health. Grants the Devour effect.
Insatiable. While the Devour effect is active, killing enemies extends its duration and recharges your grenade.
Vortex. Nova Bomb creates a singularity which continually damages enemies trapped inside.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
ATTUNEMENT OF HUNGER
Devour. Kill an enemy wit this melee ability to fully regenerate your health. For a short time afterward, kills restore additional health.
Feed the void. Hold L1/LB to consume your grenade energy to regenerate your health. Grants the Devour effect.
Insatiable. While the Devour effect is active, killing enemies extends its duration and recharges your grenade.
Vortex. Nova Bomb creates a singularity which continually damages enemies trapped inside.
View Quote
I haven't played it yet obviously, but this tree seems like it will be insane in PvP.  Especially if the super slow recovery we saw in the beta is what we get in the full version of the game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I dunno. I'll eventually have one of each.  

In D1, I went warlock, hunter then titan. Right now it's a toss up between warlock and titan, since I wasn't super impressed with hunter in the beta. 
View Quote
In D1 I went hunter, lock, then titan. As soon as I hit max level on the hunter,  I  dropped it like a bad habit and never looked back. To me lock an titan were so much better. For D2, it looks like history is going to repeat itself.  In D2 I'll start with titan and then go lock. Hunter isn't even a blip on the radar.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right now, I'll be playing as a ghost, mainly because I still haven't pre-ordered. I am so burnt out on playing Destiny, that I have no motivation to buy Destiny 2, especially after how blah the beta was.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Right now, I'll be playing as a ghost, mainly because I still haven't pre-ordered. I am so burnt out on playing Destiny, that I have no motivation to buy Destiny 2, especially after how blah the beta was.
View Quote
We are all burnt out but I can't seem to find anything else worth playing. You'll come around.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is why I stopped playing when I did. With that said I question whether I'll play alot or at all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Buy it for the story missions; stay for the drunk midnight raid shenanigans.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We are all burnt out but I can't seem to find anything else worth playing. You'll come around.
View Quote
I bought Fallout 4 with all dlc for PS4 and have been playing that. I might get The Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider as well, all which I have already beat on Xbone  
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top