Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/18/2017 6:18:38 PM EDT
TIME EXTENDED!
The Destiny 2 Open Beta has been extended through Tuesday 7/25 for additional service testing. Expected completion is 6 PM PDT.
Expect service interruptions during more strenuous testing. Download the D2 Beta today before 5 PM Pacific to participate.

PSN Beta is live today, and hits Xbox in the morning.  

That said, the Cabal are going to die.  They did the unthinkable.  The big glowing purple ball is no more.  
Since I'm on xbox, the content posted is from Reddit for today at least.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Weapons, Ships and Ghosts have shader slots now.  Weapons have mod slots as well.  It looks like some energy weapons can switch output type between Arc, Void, and Solar.
Factions are back.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting the pics!
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for posting the pics!
View Quote
Yup, and I'll be posting more tomorrow.  Sounds like each class will have 3 sets of armor able to drop, a limited number of guns, exotics, ghosts, ships, shaders, etc plus the other announced stuff.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Even though clans won't be enabled in the beta, we should try and get an arfcom soccer game going on the 23rd when the farm is open.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Even though clans won't be enabled in the beta, we should try and get an arfcom soccer game going on the 23rd when the farm is open.
View Quote
It'll be 9am my time, but you can sure as hell bet I'll be trying to be on 
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Any way to preload the Open Beta on PS4?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any way to preload the Open Beta on PS4?
View Quote
Not that I know of, since you needed a code to download the closed beta.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Initial impressions:

-the weapons feel good.  I haven't seen a huge variety yet, but there are a few exotics and a decent number of different gear items dropping so far.  They each feel different though.
-loading screen is gorgeous.  I know it's minor but still.
-all in call, combat feels good.  A little slower that D1 but more action packed with 'oh crap I'm gonna die' clutch moments
-bomb pvp is fun so far
-control is the same
-we need to do the Inverted Spire as an arfcom group though.  Supposedly there is hidden stuff everywhere. (see below copied from Reddit)  Pikes also spawn after a few minutes of dicking around.

Basically there is a loop of vex launchers that activate as you kill the enemies near them, I almost made it all the way around the second time before the last storm Minotaur despawned. I was very close to killing it though and could easily with another player. Anyone wanna try? My PSN is HeckPluto
EDIT: More detail was requested so here ya go. When you spawn into Nessus for the Inverted Spire, go forward and to your right. Cross the small waterfall area and work your way to near the giant pillar that the lost sector door is on (there are several posts about this). Near the base of that door, right by the small waterfall in the vex milk river, there will eventually spawn TWO HOBGOBLINS and an UNPOWERED vex launcher. Kill the hobgoblins to power the launcher, then ride it.
It will drop you near a big tree with two more hobgoblins and another launcher, kill em and hop aboard! I say hop aboard because this will send you on a train of launchers over to the other side of the river. There you'll, you guessed it, Kill two more hobby-fuckers and hop on the nearest launcher. This will send you BACK TO WHERE YOU STARTED, but don't worry, there are different enemies now, and the launchers are off again.
The new enemies are called "Storm Minotaurs" and they have goblin helpers, kill em. Ride the launchers and kill the Storm Minotaurs (if you can) in the same loop as before with the hobgoblins. I got to the last launcher when they despawned so I'm not sure what's next, but it's certainly something. Happy hunting!
EDIT 2: Just finished it, seems to dead end after final Minotaur, but maybe that's how you open the lost sector door in the full game? Here's lots more to do on Nessus, keep exploring and maybe try to kill all of the Fallen/Cabal that are fighting each other?

Complaints so far:
-Bungie is aware that powers are slowly charging and heavy ammo isn't dropping much.  They are fixing it before the game comes out.  Note: this is a technical beta, not a gameplay beta, so balance passes haven't been done.  This is to check function.
-time to kill is longer on most things, but that's a balance pass issue IMO.  Inverted Spire boss took forever but he is 3 stages at almost 100k health.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]
From reddit: Arcstrider super combos

R1: Basic Slash - Standard swipe attack
R2: Razor's Edge - Sends an arc beam forward after the slash.
R1, R2: Uppercut - *Not sure of utility. I think it helps target those pesky mid-air enemies (Dawnblade Warlocks). It's also just cool to pull off.
R1, R1, R1: Ground Pole Slam - Finishing move for mashing R1. Light AoE affect.
R1, R1, R2: Arc Palm Blast - Finishes your combo by you placing your hand out and blasting any foes ahead of you in a high damage (and stylish) cone of effect. *Highly recommend.
(Mid-Air) R2: Aerial Ground Slam - Large high damage blast around the point of impact.
Remember Arc Staff grants you unlimited Dodge energy.

Oh yeah, check this video out.  Tracking Nova Bomb is insane now 

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Official answer on the help forum regarding Open Beta download time: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/229087133?sort=0&page=0

If you did not preorder Destiny 2, you will not be able to download the Destiny 2 Beta until the open beta is available. Once the open beta is live (July 21st at 10am PST), you will be able to download and play the Destiny 2 Beta.
View Quote
Annoying... I want to preload
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Open Beta is live. Downloading now.

Edit: played the intro missions and a couple rounds of crucible. I'm enjoying it, but I want 6v6 not 4v4.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Open Beta is live. Downloading now.

Edit: played the intro missions and a couple rounds of crucible. I'm enjoying it, but I want 6v6 not 4v4.
View Quote
That's my biggest complaint.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I downloaded the beta on XBone. Hopefully, it will be better than the 1st Destiny.

ETA- Honestly, I was a little underwhelmed. It seemed a lot like the first Destiny, which I did not care for once I made it past the 1st planet. All the enemies were the same, just re-skinned to reflect the planet that you were on.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got to run some parts out, but will be online here in an hour or two.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Its fairly good.  Not too much different from the first one.  Not sure I will be in on this one though considering how they handled the DLC and release of the previous game.  Never cared for the MP and preferred the missions.  I like how in the regular mission you see other  people out there doing there thing.  Something that did not happen in The Division.- makes it more believable, lived in universe.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its fairly good.  Not too much different from the first one.  Not sure I will be in on this one though considering how they handled the DLC and release of the previous game.  Never cared for the MP and preferred the missions.  I like how in the regular mission you see other  people out there doing there thing.  Something that did not happen in The Division.- makes it more believable, lived in universe.
View Quote
That's what the division disappointed me with as well. Hopefully a few of the folks I played the division with come over to destiny 2 since they liked the first one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven't been able to jump on today yet, but I'm seeing rumors online that they updated the beta and added a social space? Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I haven't been able to jump on today yet, but I'm seeing rumors online that they updated the beta and added a social space? Can anyone confirm?
View Quote
It's online for the next half hour. I'm about to hop on and poke around. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry for the potato photos. All the vendors are missing, but there's an actual soccer field with goals that light up when you score!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#20]
A view from the new social place (not mine, taken from reddit).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A view from the new social place (not mine, taken from reddit).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/1-261149.JPG
View Quote
That looks awesome.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#22]
So I was playing with Clutch and Gifted, and we discovered something interesting about the game.  They (at least for the farm) have a daylight system in place.  I'm hoping this is a sign that the dynamic weather they were working on is going to be ingame too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#23]
TIME EXTENDED!
The Destiny 2 Open Beta has been extended through Tuesday 7/25 for additional service testing. Expected completion is 6 PM PDT.
Expect service interruptions during more strenuous testing. Download the D2 Beta today before 5 PM Pacific to participate.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So I was playing with Clutch and Gifted, and we discovered something interesting about the game.  They (at least for the farm) have a daylight system in place.  I'm hoping this is a sign that the dynamic weather they were working on is going to be ingame too.
View Quote
I hope so.

Patrols will be interesting to say the least.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was thinking about that and decided it was nothing new.  They had the same thing in D1, where you got close to sunset, but never quite night time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#26]
At the idk stage on this one. Still havent made it to 400 light on d1 either haha. Thanks to a couple guys on here i even made it to where i am...
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Can you make this the official D2 thread?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
For Xbox? There's already one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PS4 here.

D2 is being released on XB, PS, and PC... do we really need all these multiple threads on the subject? Somehow D1 survived with just the 1 thread.

I understand it's beneficial for finding groups, but specific game talk shouldn't be limited to 1 thread. Right now I'm posting in the Xbox thread because that's were people are discussing the beta the most
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

PS4 here.

D2 is being released on XB, PS, and PC... do we really need all these multiple threads on the subject? Somehow D1 survived with just the 1 thread.

I understand it's beneficial for finding groups, but specific game talk shouldn't be limited to 1 thread. Right now I'm posting in the Xbox thread because that's were people are discussing the beta the most
View Quote
Gotcha. Personally I wouldn't want it all combined. A majority of the D1 players were xbox with a very few ps4 players tossed in, ( I was a ps4 player ) which made it somewhat easy to keep track of who was on what system. I think more people will be playing on PC than PS4
and would make it a bit harder to keep track of of who is who and playing on what system. If D2 has crossplay, I wouldn't see an issue.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I originally started D1 on PS4, but switched to Xbox.  

The PS4 group died pretty quickly.  There might have been only 1 or 2 posts a month there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Pre-order weapon info:

Additional pre-order bonuses:

Destiny 2 - Bonus Kill Tracker Trailer
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#33]
So what's the difference between D2 and D1?  Is D2 basically everything D1 should have been?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So what's the difference between D2 and D1?  Is D2 basically everything D1 should have been?
View Quote
Can't say for sure yet, but probably.  I still have almost 2000 hours in D1 though. 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#36]
No PC beta? Whores
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No PC beta? Whores
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anything carry over from D1 to D2?

I played D1 on PS4 but am contemplating getting D2 for PC.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing is carrying over with the exception of characters if you so choose. Supposedly a few exotics are from d1 are making there way into D2.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does anything carry over from D1 to D2?

I played D1 on PS4 but am contemplating getting D2 for PC.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat. I was going to see how the open PC beta goes in a week or two. If it isn't a smoldering clusterfuck I'm going PC. No real reason to stay with one platform or another since as he said your character model will carry over (if you want it) and that's about it. I know bungie said some stuff about d1 exclusive cosmetic stuff but they haven't confirmed anything and it isn't enough to sway a platform choice IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I want to go PC but if i remember the suspected requirements I'll be bottom rung with my 970
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I originally started D1 on PS4, but switched to Xbox.  

The PS4 group died pretty quickly.  There might have been only 1 or 2 posts a month there.
View Quote
The forum was not used much, since the founder of the Clan went MIA.  PS4 group messaging and party chat was used mostly.  New PS4 clan for Destiny 2 has been formed.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/2024213_PS4-Destiny-2-AR15-ARFCOM-Clan.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Launch trailer just dropped

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I want to go PC but if i remember the suspected requirements I'll be bottom rung with my 970
View Quote
RECOMMENDED specs are for the 970... keep in mind the minimum specs are generally what it takes to just load the game up and run it like dogshit. Recommended specs in most cases are what you need to run the game at decent settings. Keep in mind "decent" settings on PC are generally miles ahead of what the console version will look like. The minimum specs listed are more in line with what consoles come in at. Your 970 is much more powerful than what is in the ps4 and xbox one. The PS4 pro and xbox one x versions will probably look better. Worst case just try the beta man, it's free, easy way to find out.

edit: Also, keep in mind that min/rec specs are always super general and don't take into account general system loads, ram speeds/timings, individual card performance (reference 970 vs aftermarket, etc). You can always turn down certain settings that eat performance with little visual loss, shadows from ultra to medium for instance nets a massive frame difference with virtually no impact to looks. The game could be optimized like shit for all I know but it's a free beta so might as well try. Keep in mind the demo versions were early builds and seemed to be pulling a locked 60fps on 1080tis. 1080p on a 970 shouldn't be a problem at all. If you don't get time to try it yourself I have a friend that I'll be playing with, he is running an i5 4690k and a 970 so I can let you know what his performance is looking like. There are rumors (unconfirmed) that the game is pretty well optimized and has been running pretty well on midrange hardware.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Holy crap, it looks amazing on PC

Destiny 2: 4K PC 60 FPS Gameplay - Inverted Spire Strike Mission
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#49]
4790K and 1080 SC here. It's a 3 year old build that should work well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Holy crap, it looks amazing on PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hge7nGXH6Rk
View Quote
This is why I plan on fully switching to PC. I don't have 4k monitors yet but that's all I need. The new PC is ready.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top