Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 2:08:27 AM EDT
I picked up the new 8th Ed stuff.  I haven't gotten a game in yet, but I think this might be the first time I'll be dusting off my World Eaters in probably three or four editions, and the first time I've considered playing regularly in at least two editions.  Anyone who's gotten in any games care to give their thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few games under my belt.  

The game has been streamlined.  You will need to unlearn old habits, but it was not hard to get into the 8th edition mindset.

I too have a World Eaters army, pre heresy colors, and they are sick.  Having Berzerkers fights 2 times in the fight phase is sick!

I also have a few other armys too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been into Sigmar for a bit, and 8th Ed looks fun. I played a bit of Kill Team but not enough to really get "used to" 7th ed.  I'm going to pick up the new First Strike intro box that releases tomorrow and probably start small with some friends and a couple units each before diving in head first.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I tend to write my own rules (more troop quality-oriented with realistic suppression and fire-and-maneuver), but the new release certainly got me excited for the setting again. Painted a bunch of models lately.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I also started with Kill Team.  Couple months in, learned 8th was inbound, so I shelved it.

Got the rule book, the cards, Imperium Indexes, the special dice. Bought the Primaris marines out of the box set, and added a few vehicles and such.  Have a 2K-ish pt army now.

I haven't been happy with the game, enough so that I doubt I'll pick up the SM Codex.  (Although, the Primaris Chaplain is SWEET, so I might add him).  Might just finishing painting up what I have and call it good.

Might let it continue to cook a bit, get some other codexes out, let the meta shake out a bit.  See where it's at in 6 months or so, try a couple of the other stores in the area to see if there's better players/not so many direct counters to my basic Marine army, before I decide if I'm eBaying the collection or not.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, if I had the money, it's so damn tempting.  I've still got my Sammiel jetbike needing to get painted from years ago.  Plasma cannon, storm bolters, and a power sword.  Mmm... Dakka... 

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Plus the new stuff does look awesome.  I'm not sold on the Primaris stats yet, but some of their units are freaking mean.  Although I haven't played since late 4th edition.   Btw, the Primaris stuff is huge.  For example, the Redemptor dreadnought is standing next to a regular (but highly modified) CSM dreadnought.  Their tank is roughly LR sized, etc.  Can also compare the BT in front of it to the Smurf Primaris in the back.  About a head difference in height. 

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top