Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/28/2017 2:33:30 PM EDT
Reposting Steelblitz's now archived thread 

"Alliance Name: ARFCOM 

Looking for some more arfcom members to join our group. Any level wanted. We war pretty much non-stop and have a stellar war record. 

If you download the game and join up, post up here so we know who you are." 

Thanks for checking us out , 
Best Regards 
TDK 

I play under DomiNation's game moniker of JsTon
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Just joined. My name is the same as here.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Just created an account, no idea how to join
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just created an account, no idea how to join
View Quote
It's easy. You see after you get started building there will be promos as to what you should buy/build next from store. No need to spend real $.  Use game funds -food , gold even crowns can be earned or 

once you have an alliance gate built you will be able to search for alliances. Search for Arfcom alliance and you will see a join option. 

Once in post in the alliance  message thread in the game screen . Since you've already posted here you' ll get a quick promotion to CoLeader. All the ARFCOMERS are co leaders. Steelblitz is the current leader.

we look foreward to your joining in with us and enjoying the game . Can get addictive, but not so that you can't walk away awhile and comeback and pick it right back up .  Some games demand too much of your time. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The alliance is set to 400 medals so you need to aquire those in attacking other players.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The alliance is set to 400 medals so you need to aquire those in attacking other players.
View Quote
I'm not certain the game screens that closely. That I don' t remember. But there have been several players including myself who have dropped below 400 doing raids and trying to avoid being plagued by attacks. Not sure that always works joining might be picky by the game . So don't have memory of being unable to join until at 400. I'm sure I didn't join any alliance until gunpowder age and thus had bronze or silver league  at the time 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to get back in if allowed.

I have been working on building defenses and offensive units instead of leveling up willy nilly.

I'm not there yet m but ,much  better balanced than when I was kicked about a year or so ago.

I mouthed off to Steel and I shouldn't have. I took something he said wrong and got stupid.

Right now I'm British Global, 158, with 1867 medals, 3075 exp.

I won't be going up again until everything is maxed out at the Global Age.

Gamer name is Wolf.

Tag me in here if it's hunky dory. I was active, very active, and participated in every war and all that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd like to get back in if allowed.

I have been working on building defenses and offensive units instead of leveling up willy nilly.

I'm not there yet m but ,much  better balanced than when I was kicked about a year or so ago.

I mouthed off to Steel and I shouldn't have. I took something he said wrong and got stupid.

Right now I'm British Global, 158, with 1867 medals, 3075 exp.

I won't be going up again until everything is maxed out at the Global Age.

Gamer name is Wolf.

Tag me in here if it's hunky dory. I was active, very active, and participated in every war and all that.
View Quote
Not up to me, but I would try to  IM Steelblitz your apology and explanation and see what he says. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not up to me, but I would try to  IM Steelblitz your apology and explanation and see what he says. 
View Quote
I was stressed as hell. I was very close to losing my house because of a property tax mistake that the county made charging me over 4 times the amount actually owed. I paid one year and worked to get it right, but they never did, and then I was about 2 days away from loosing it because I hadn't been able to pay the same high rate. I finally paid it on the last day, and the new assessor found their mistake and had to refund me the money I'd paid the year before and that year. All of the the things I'd sold to make the money at a loss, sometimes losing 50-70% for a fast sale, couldn't be bought back, some of it old family stuff. I'm straight now on it.

That's why I was so short with him. So, my apologies, again.

@Steelblitz
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What nation should I pick? Does it matter?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
every nation has pros and cons

You can pick one, and revolt later to try another one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really, but I suggest you read each description and then decide. Changing is expensive but possible and in the university later you'll be able to earn a 50% reduction on that. Plus there is an offers section in the store that allows you to earn crowns from advertisers hacking their products. I have done some and got the large crown reward. Others no they didn't pay up. Usually related to same company as one you have already completed so your out by only one per company rule. 
'Not all are complicated. Lots of choices hat can be altered. That is half the appeal.

heres a link that helps explain some of the differences maybe it will help.
Nations
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I am in the next war as a "tail". My city is about 2 steps above an encampment on naked and afraid. Am I going to get matched up against someone along my level, or should I start to pepper my Angus?
I am also having pretty good luck with just using archers for raids. Any tips on troop counts and tactics?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#13]
It seems a great deal of pepper will be introduced 

max troops tactics and mercenaries is best friends offense.
but not going to help in this mismatch, Next time I'll try a 25x25 war matchup perhaps 

giving you you a better chance 

your best east bet is to upgrade your alliance gate so you can get 9+ troop donations 

some of the better troops are 8 space- 1 attack helicopter 
9 space- 1 cannon,howitzer ballista rather in lower ages 

10 space - tanks with 24k hit points from me
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome everyone!

I took care of Koptor.

Hiram, are you in yet? I can drop the medal requirement until you are in.

Pavlov, I don't remember anything man. Come on back!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:57:05 AM EDT
[#15]
As far as the wars...

-We typically play 20 vs 20.
-Please make sure you opt out of war if you can't play. We play all arfcomers first unless they are opted out, then we will fill in with outsiders.
-You will get two attacks during war.
-We ask that you pick your first opponent as someone that you think you can five stars from. For example, I am ranked 6 in the current war, but I attacked the opposing number 10 to get five stars. You can earn up to five stars for each attack, the same as how you earn stars when farming. One of those stars is for taking out the towncenter quickly.
-For your second attack, you are usually trying to get cleanup stars on someone elses first attack. Post in the in game chat window who you want to hit and someone higher up will help you.
-If you are ranked in the bottom five of war, don't sweat it. Expectations are low for you guys. You are usually matched up against a similarly built base.
-With warbases, you typically want to protect the towncenter. In your regular farming base, you may want to protect your resources such as the mill, oil, storehouse, and market.

If you have any questions on any aspect of the game, please ask.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:22:15 AM EDT
[#16]
OK, I'm in, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm just futzing around, up to level 21 I think and upgrading past Iron Age. Don't worry about me, if I decide to stick with the game I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Just downloaded. Will join.

Edit: Username Sideshow   Will join alliance once I am capable of joining.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm just futzing around, up to level 21 I think and upgrading past Iron Age. Don't worry about me, if I decide to stick with the game I'll let you know.
View Quote
Glad you got started, I know what with all your medical battles to fight I hope this game can be a pleasant distraction from your worries. 

Prayers inbound for you to meet all these personal challenges in your life. Don't worry about the game, Arfcom DomiNations will wait for you when you can join in with us .
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just downloaded. Will join.

Edit: Username Sideshow   Will join alliance once I am capable of joining.
View Quote
Just IM Steelblitz when you've built your alliance gate( as that is what you need to join into alliances. All have different join rules. Ours is "open" enrollment instead of " invite only " 
and ours has a400 medal count minimum but as Steelblitz stated it can be waived for Arfcom members)

so just sent Steelblitz a message your ready to join and if needed he will lower / waive the medal requirement for you. 
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Will do, unlocking the next age tonight then I should be able to join.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I repaired the gate and can see the Alliance but no join button.   Screw you guys for posting this game, my phone battery is constantly being abused by it.

Will IM Steelblitz

Username is same as here.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Just joined. Name is the same. Razeshell
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#24]
 Good easier to remember
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I hope the next war goes better for me. I got my ass handed to me on that second hit. I didn't fare too well on the first hit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Just joined Orion1371 is my name there
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been completely winging it, is there a primer on how we should be developing?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've been completely winging it, is there a primer on how we should be developing?
View Quote
Well there are some you tube videos but I not sure I'd recommend them. I'd post this question on the game message board when you see a few of your contemporary level players and those a few ages higher logged on. You might get the low down as to what they are doing and what others recently have done.

the game was a bit different when I started with all the updates do the most recent.
there is the inta base players friendly challenge to try . Lets you see how others uses their troops as well as test your own.

offens was my first upgrades in early ages as well as clearing forrests. Buy everything in the store. Upgrade whatever you can.
womders will be available at different ages but can be changed out

dominations Wilkiepedia has some useful info

Link
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Another useful learning tool is the single player battles. You can test out your tactics and troop strength there. The stronger your troops the easier these single player batters will be. Then you can get crown rewards for five staring all the bases in each of the five campaigns.

also don't worry much about the different choices in the game , changes can be done later. You can earn crowns in the game doing achievements as well as participate in offers from the store to earn crowns outside the game.

most decisions like towncenter being German or French or whatever can be altered later by revolution and crowns. You can even get a 50% reduction in revolution through the university .

wonders too can be changed same way. 

So don't overthink the details. They all have plus and minus benefits ,non are perfect . Just play and enjoy the game. 

Any questions about specific items etc just post here on better in the game's alliance message board in DomiNations itself
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:20:39 AM EDT
[#30]
 Steelblitz, here's tonight 's screen capture of my inventory showing the afore mentioned mercenary contracts. Only had 1 beforehand from the daily video ads rewarded instead of the usual 3 crown reward. 
Did you see the list of possible items in the chests? They had listed possibly of a pirate ship, a power station, other merc camps I forgot which but all were previously offered in past weekly challenges.
I thought for a 1 diamond trade it was the best of Marco's wares .
The second five contracts was a surprise, as the other premium chest trades were all national trade goods and some regular trade goods. However they were all double so getting a double merc contract might have been part of the deal .

I got all five chests.  No BS

Already opened trade goods I got. 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#31]
JS???
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
JS???
View Quote
Here, had to sign in 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't have much issue with kicking inactives. Wastegate I understand is so low he should just opt out of wars. Don't know why he doesn't try.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#34]
What's up dogs?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#35]
I think a problem right now is we have several upper level guys who are not pulling their weight in wars. Notably wolf and thespis. These guys struggle against war bases an age below them. They need to opt out for wars. We need to kick underperformers (those who do terribly against lower level bases), not just inactives.

I'll be camping this weekend and opted out of the next war.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think a problem right now is we have several upper level guys who are not pulling their weight in wars. Notably wolf and thespis. These guys struggle against war bases an age below them. They need to opt out for wars. We need to kick underperformers (those who do terribly against lower level bases), not just inactives.

I'll be camping this weekend and opted out of the next war.
View Quote
I'm working to get better, but if it will help I'll opt out for a while.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't have much issue with kicking inactives. Wastegate I understand is so low he should just opt out of wars. Don't know why he doesn't try.
View Quote
I didn't even know opting out was possible.  Sorry.

I'll try to step up my game.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Signed up, working towards alliance gate, game name FingerB@ng
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Signed up, working towards alliance gate, game name FingerB@ng
View Quote
Welcome , yeah you need the gate to join alliances. You are on your way
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll promote you arfcomers Monday when I am back from work. If anyone cant get in our happy clan due to a low medal count, post here or IM Twodog here and we'll try and coordinate lowering the medal count.

Nice to see you Pete, it's about time you show up.

We'll all talk more next week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm working to get better, but if it will help I'll opt out for a while.
View Quote
Don't opt out yet, me and JS will look you over after the war and give some tips. I'm glad you're back.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:32:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I didn't even know opting out was possible.  Sorry.

I'll try to step up my game.
View Quote
I don't know where you are ranked in the wars off the top of my head, but we need you to try some attacks so we can watch replays of you. From those replays we can give you advice. Just remember in war, the objective is to gain all five stars, loot is irrelevant as that comes with winning with war.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just remember in war, the objective is to gain all five stars, loot is irrelevant as that comes with winning with war.
View Quote
Also getting at least one star against each enemy base.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Found it! Stepher2006
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm in thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Found it! Stepher2006
View Quote
Welcome
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm in thanks
View Quote
Welcome
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Found it! Stepher2006
View Quote
Stephanie?

Welcome. I see they made you a new account or did you end up with two and they had to unlock your one after both got locked the other day? 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top