Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 6:40:00 PM EDT
The chair I currently use is at the end of its life. Padding on the seat is gone and the fake leather is coming apart and leaving pieces of black fabric on my floor.

I want to keep the chair under $150.

I have looked on Newegg and on Amazon.

Cane someone recommend a good gaming chair? I am an average size adult.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a gaming chair... but when we got new chairs at work I really liked it and decided to order one for myself.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141NVAFA?tag=vglnk-c102-20

I am partial to adjustable armrests so YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you go to your local office stores and try them out?  If you find one you like, scan the label on Amazon
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I just use a comfy office chair.  

"Gaming" chairs are for people with sponsors.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a folding chair....  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#7]
you know what OP, what kind of gaming are you doing? If it's on the tv with a console or in front of a pc those will be two entirely different chairs.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also like the fact that it's easy to fold up and put aside or pulled into the living room for an extra chair for someone.

Granted I DO plan on getting one of those pro gaming chairs like GT Racing chairs, I've tried a few out at Frys and wow, I see why people have them.

GT Racing $120 chair on sale on amazon
View Quote
  I own the bootleg of that chair same design it doesn't have and labels though.  All metal frame, nice padding, and the wheels are set back so it can fully recline without dumping my 250 lbs ass on the floor.   

Edit mine has the foot rest that extends out as well.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered an alera elusion off of amazon that should be here Wednesday. It's closer to the 200 mark but after a few weeks of research it seemed like the general consensus was that there isn't much in the 150 range worth buying. I get it sometime on Wednesday so I'll check in with some impressions. In the sub 150 range I've seen a lot of good reviews on the Staples hyken which is $130 w/ free shipping from staples, or 160 on amazon. There are some QC issues apparently though. All the gaming chairs in that range appear to be trash though. I have never used any of the racing style seats but I've got some aggressive bucket seats in my car that absolutely wreck my back on drives longer than 40 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
you know what OP, what kind of gaming are you doing? If it's on the tv with a console or in front of a pc those will be two entirely different chairs.
View Quote
PC
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

PC
View Quote
Well, got that alera elusion chair in and it's wonderful. Doesn't go full blow recline like some more expensive chairs but enough so that I can comfortably lean back a pretty good bit and kick my feet up while playing rocket league with a controller. I got an optional headrest for it for another $15 and I couldn't be happier with it. I've sat in a wide variety of task and executive chairs at work (basically most of these: space seating - staples) and I got to say this thing blows all of those out of the water (the $300+ ones mostly). Pretty much everything is adjustable, the mesh back is very comfortable and it's perfectly sized for me. I'm 6'0" 210lbs and it feels pretty roomy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I got tired of replacing Office Depot chairs every 3 years at $200 a pop and bought an Aeron. 12 year warranty.

Got a Vitrzza chairmat too. I think they'll last the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I use an Ikea Markus at home and at work and I'm pretty happy with it.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00103102/
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got tired of replacing Office Depot chairs every 3 years at $200 a pop and bought an Aeron. 12 year warranty.

Got a Vitrzza chairmat too. I think they'll last the rest of my life.
View Quote
I've been wanting a glass floor mat for a while now. I had one at my last job and it was awesome. $$$$
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:24:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been wanting a glass floor mat for a while now. I had one at my last job and it was awesome. $$
View Quote
The last plastic mat I bought was over $200 for the extra thick, The Vitrazza was a little over $400. If I never have to replace it, it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Got this delivered 2 days ago from Amazon and I've worked in it by day  then roll it over to the gaming center (in my office) by night to test it out for gaming.

At my desk it needs to be raised up and arms pushed back so I can work at my desk, while I rest my feet on a bean bag chair under my desk (the ultimate working setup I've found)

For gaming though I've lowered it as far as possible to give my feet rest on the ground, so far this is one of the nicest chairs I've used for work or play.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/4126COw3ntL.jpg

As of tonight it's still $90 shipped with 2-day prime.  Heck of a deal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEGHWKN
View Quote
I snagged a green one of those for $63 on Friday from Amazon.  Got in last night and the thing is comfy as hell for the money.  Yeah, it's the glued together 'kinda' sheet leather, but it works. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top