Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2017 12:20:30 AM EDT
Started playing it last March (2016).  Skilling up all three toons on the account.  
One headed for battleships and cruisers, with an eye toward Nullsec.
One frigates and Destroyers, tackling gear, cyno, etc.
One freighter alt, for when stuff needs to move.
Belonged to a few Corps, but they get paranoid, and if you don't teamspeak, they assume you're a spy.  Nope, just anti-social.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't play personally buy I watched a colleague play for a couple of days when we were traveling. This is what I picked up during the week.

If you don't ally with one of the larger groups you can kiss your ass goodbye. From what I understand, once you hit a certain size, you WILL BE ASKED to join one of the local guilds, who in turn, belong to a much larger guild. You will need to pay tribute to your guild for protection or they will just allow other clans, who might be paying guild members, to target you. They may even help crush you. Basically it becomes a protection racket.

The fun happens when someone powerful from inside the guild decides to try and overtake the leadership and then all war breaks out and you'll have to choose a side.

I also read one time that there was an all out clan war over some weekend that ended up decimating both sides to the tune of near $100k in cash value of capital ships and bases.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#2]
been playing for too long, only use a single toon though

comms are a must for fleets, otherwise you dont know whats happening

been in null so long, i cant even fothom going back to empire, too many nuetrals

edit: if you need anything, i use the same name ingame
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Started played about a week ago. Badlatitude Arfcom still an Alpha clone just messing around mining, running missions etc
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a steath bomber in null somewhere I was popping miners with.

Havent been on in a LONG time though. Tempting.

Amarr fo lyfe
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't play personally buy I watched a colleague play for a couple of days when we were traveling. This is what I picked up during the week.

If you don't ally with one of the larger groups you can kiss your ass goodbye. From what I understand, once you hit a certain size, you WILL BE ASKED to join one of the local guilds, who in turn, belong to a much larger guild. You will need to pay tribute to your guild for protection or they will just allow other clans, who might be paying guild members, to target you. They may even help crush you. Basically it becomes a protection racket.

The fun happens when someone powerful from inside the guild decides to try and overtake the leadership and then all war breaks out and you'll have to choose a side.

I also read one time that there was an all out clan war over some weekend that ended up decimating both sides to the tune of near $100k in cash value of capital ships and bases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CCP created a monument in nullsec for this battle.

The 21-hour-long conflict resulted in the loss of 75 Titans, 13 supercarriers, 370 Dreadnoughts, and 123 Carriers, along with thousands of smaller ships and innumerable fighters and drones.
Bloodbath of B-R5RB
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I played this for many years as a merc in a group called Noir mercenary group. I had fun playing back then but holly shit is the game immense. I have a Tengu parked in some back water 0.0 sec with billions of isk in mods and gear.  Game has a pretty steep learning curve due to the amount of things in the game.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Played off and on from 09 till last year.  Did everything but Faction Warfare.  Last stint in there was in Deklin with a small corp that took Goons old space, as I was an old goon and didnt want to bother moving or selling shit just to join back up with then. They folded when CCP pulled the plug on IwantISK.  Endless billions in hardware sitting around there now.  Carrier ratting to fund dumb shit like the small fleet of smartbombing battleships i would hand out when we heard about destoyer/frig gangs coming.   Also I would take a pair of self and remote repping Dominixs to gate camps just to be cheap triage.  

Old bitter vet.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
yep, been playing off and on since beta (2003), current "on" phase has lasted 2 yrs, 2mos

Currently have 4 omega accounts, 3 in nullsec alliance, one sits in empire to buy stuff in jita
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top