Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2017 12:08:52 PM EDT
I'd like to get a gaming system that has something for everyone. Kids range in age from 5 to 12. Educational stuff, fun stuff, definitely no gore or violence.

My wife, on the other hand, wants to check out Red Dead Redemption and The Witcher. She was an old school gamer like crazy.

We won't need it to play Blu-Rays but won't mind if it does. Would love Harry Potter games and sturdy, but easy to use controllers. Also wouldn't mind virtual reality, either. I heard there's a shark cage VR thing that's awesome.

Which console do we need? We had a wii but didn't love it so that's out. I'm thinking PS4 but I've heard the XBOX is also pretty awesome. Pros? Cons? Which system has the most games available?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Consider the nintendo classic?

It's more on the level of something kids should be playing and fun for us old folks also (brings me back).
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
PC, can be updated as needed, tons of free stuff on steam for everyone, ect ect
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Caleko vision. Hit the square ball with the rectangular paddle.

Xbox, or PlayStation has games for everyone, from toddlers to adult to the borderline criminally insane
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
PC.  Most selection of games, can easily find something for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This will provide seconds of fun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top