Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 11:51:41 PM EDT
It's been almost 2 years - I put together a little montage of my progress over the last two years, starting out on playstation and moving to PC.

the whole RL community has come such a long way! I play competitively - and have been playing in cash tournies and such since 11/15.

if you haven't spent some time with RL, I highly recommend it. it's an excellent game.

let me know what you guys think of the video - it's the first time i've done any video editing on the PC.

SouthEnd - Rocket League Montage - "Progress"
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:04:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Same here, been playing for over a year now, love this game, damn near all I play now since The Division broke my heart. Nice vid for a first timer!
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's been almost 2 years - I put together a little montage of my progress over the last two years, starting out on playstation and moving to PC.

the whole RL community has come such a long way! I play competitively - and have been playing in cash tournies and such since 11/15.

if you haven't spent some time with RL, I highly recommend it. it's an excellent game.

let me know what you guys think of the video - it's the first time i've done any video editing on the PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXy8PVIru4s
View Quote

Your choice in montage music is suspect.  Game is fun but very triggering as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Both songs fit it pretty well with the game's soundtrack. Most RL montages utilize EDM - I'm a hard rock/metal guy myself, but the majority of the people watching that video wouldn't want to hear that stuff.

The game can be frustrating at times, but the skill ceiling is so high - it's fun trying to keep getting better.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I dunno OP.
My 11yo says he'll kick your ass. 
I believe him 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely interesting. ~100hours in, playing w/ M&KB, bouncing around Gold right now and getting pretty solid at aerials.
I had a pretty good understanding of the game going in, and ranked up pretty quickly due to a solid ground game and good/smart rotation.

Hardest thing for me, that I need to learn quickly, is full speed aerials when moving with minimum prep time to line up, like when rotating back as there is a shot at your goal from mid.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got about 100 hours into it. Our steam group played the hell out of it. I played with a mouse/keyboard like a tard for a while and finally bought a controller, the batmobile, the DeLorean and the Hot Wheels cars and everybody bailed on it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely interesting. ~100hours in, playing w/ M&KB, bouncing around Gold right now and getting pretty solid at aerials.
I had a pretty good understanding of the game going in, and ranked up pretty quickly due to a solid ground game and good/smart rotation.

Hardest thing for me, that I need to learn quickly, is full speed aerials when moving with minimum prep time to line up, like when rotating back as there is a shot at your goal from mid.
View Quote
Positioning is huge, you can go a long way with really good positioning and weaker mechanical skill. The mechanical skill comes with time. The sooner you learn the fast aerial, the better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top