Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2017 11:09:08 AM EDT
Installed, modded up, and loaded up FO4 yesterday after about a 6 month break. There were some new mods out there, one being Sim Settlements. I did a search in the 310 page FO4 thread, starting at the date of launch of this mod (10/03/2017) and I only found 1 mention, quoted below.

Quoted:
If anyone likes settlements I recommend sim settlements.

It's what Bethesda should have done in the first place. Absolutely amazing.
View Quote
I got fairly involved in my settlements in the past and thought this would be very interesting to try. So, after watching some vids, I thought I would expand on joglee's post, with its own thread. Here is a Youtube link to the "Sim Settlements: In-Depth Series" of vids (8 total so far), as well as the embed of the 1st vid.

Sim Settlements: In-Depth Series Intro

TLDR: Allows you to build zone objects that tell the settlers what type of buildings to create in different areas of your settlement and they will do so. Includes a progression system, a more interesting settler needs system, and rewards to help settlements matter more.

This mod aims to completely change the way you think about settlements. You'll now be able to create detailed, living places with minimal effort.
The ultimate goal: making every settlement a unique and awesome looking Fallout city, with perks and rewards that help you at every stage of the game.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea if anyone was interested in this mod, but here are some "addons" for the Sim Settlers Mod. I've been using the mod, its pretty good so far.

Industrial City Sim Settlements
An add-on for Sim Settlements that adds new Industrial Plots to the rotation.  

Instead of increasing the general scavenging score however, these plots provide specific resources based on the building and plot (metal scrap yard provides metal salvage, the lumber yard provides wood salvage, etc).
View Quote
Wasteland Venturers Sim Settlements
Contents
New Homes: 5
New Shops: 3
New Factories: 0
New Farms: 2
New VIP Stories: 1

Building Features
Settler Navigation: Yes
Construction Stages: Yes
Randomized Clutter: Yes
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top