Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 9:53:23 PM EDT
Did paintballing for the first time and I enjoyed it a fuck ton. I wore my old military mulitcam gear and a tippman chest protector. Well my it doesn't cover my ribs and I know there's better gear out there. What's the proper way to wear protective clothing for paintballing and what are some good all body padded protectors that are comfortable and protects the vital areas
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Goggles w/facemask. Camo of your choice. That's all you need.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Goggles w/facemask. Camo of your choice. That's all you need.
View Quote
It encourages you to avoid getting hit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It encourages you to avoid getting hit.
View Quote
+1

Many moons ago when I used to play, it would piss me off when a-holes would wear extra protection and then never call themselves out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
A good mask and good gloves. I played for  a woodsball team. Getting hit in the finger sucks...oh and a cup...definitely a cup
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Back when l played woods ball mist of my friends would wear many layers but no special gear.

I wore camo bdu trousers and a tee shirt or matching blouse.  I called them pussies all the time.  And yes l would get some awesome bruises but it was fun.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Mask, cup and mechanix mpact gloves
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Other than a mask, gloves, and a cup, you don't need anything else. If you're getting lit up, you aren't using proper cover (or you got bunkered).
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Other than a mask, gloves, and a cup, you don't need anything else. If you're getting lit up, you aren't using proper cover (or you got bunkered).
View Quote
Yeah, cup or sock stuffed in there is important.

I wore armored fingerless motocross gloves with the semi-flexible plastic.  Getting hit in the knuckles is worse than most soft parts.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I've only been a couple times but I found a mask/goggles to be sufficient in addition to a cup and gloves. A friend of mine took a shot in the knuckles and ended up with nerve damage. Freak accident more than likely but a set of armored mechanix gloves are cheaper than the doctor.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, cup or sock stuffed in there is important.

I wore armored fingerless motocross gloves with the semi-flexible plastic.  Getting hit in the knuckles is worse than most soft parts.
View Quote
I forgot to mention we had this dude who teamkilled us. It was this game mode where there's a random spy in your team and he can decide if he wants to betray the team or continue with the team on an elimination round. Fuck him. Oh and fuck the dudes that use frozen paintballs that's why I ask for special clothing
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#12]
A mask with thermal goggles and a fan (If you ever play on a hot humid day the $40 extra is well worth it). I have seen several buddy's take a shot to the pills and got a glancing one myself so I would say a cujp is pretty crucial. Mechanics gloves and I always wore knee pads so I could drop or dive as needed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Been a few years since I played but:
Decent mask with a fan (we always played in super humid woods)
Gloves
Throat protector
A CUP!
Long sleeves & pants
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to just wear a long sleeve shirt, pants, gloves and a mask.  Chest protectors used to be for nerds...more mainstream now?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Those are for airsoft....you for sure don't want to to take a paintball to the eye with one of those.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#16]
A good quality mask, some gloves, and a tshirt was my usual attire. I did take a solid shot to the beans causing me to puke in my mask once so a cup might be a good idea. I never wore one though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Ditch that chest protector for the love of all that's holy.

Gloves, mask (with goggles), and a cup if you choose.  
THAT'S IT.  

Getting hurt is half the fun. I usually wear jeans or camo pants, and a t shirt. Depends on the setting etc.

Wearing a hoodie or jacket is full tard
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Protect your eyes and your junk.  Mask and cup, or skip the cup and use a padded jock or stuff a couple of rags in a regular one.

One time I was trekking back from the respawn in a woodsball game, no one else around, no action nearby and out of the blue a paintball hits me square in the beans.  Still have no idea where it came from but I was glad for protection that day

If playing woodsball, I recommend long sleeves to keep your arms from getting scratches and torn up from underbrush.

I would also recommend gloves. If you are using cover well you will be mostly getting hit in the mask and gun and hands.

Beyond that just wear something that's durable and allows freedom of movement.  BDU/army surplus are a good choice for this.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Definitely a cup.  I took a shot right on the top of the dick and it took off a nickle sized patch of skin.  Not deep, but it looked like hell, and made the chick I was seeing think I had an STD that I got from another chick who apparently also gave me a hickey... where I also took a round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top