User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's true but I've never seen it done. And I guess it's actually called the "Loach"
View Quote
Ha...yeah didn't even register with me. Lotus, Loach, whatever it's called it usually just gets crashed 10 seconds after take off anyway. 
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Steam ID: Luckyiam_
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got all the kinks worked out on my server.

Server name: OMG It Spins!!!
IP address: 192.227.163.51:58001

32 slots, if you play there and have issues let me know. I go by Aloha_Snakbar in steam.
View Quote
How do you search for servers by IP?

ETA: Nvm I found it..
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I've played a couple hours now, it's pretty fun. Only thing that pisses me off is shooting the cover in front of you instead of what you are aiming at. Your weapon needs to drop if you are poking your barrel in to the cover in front of you.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/777281904895446235/FFC3FE35D4963FBB9DF2EEB86D14D4520B75FC6E/

I managed to find it, added it to my favorites, but it's empty right now.
View Quote
I'll be on there at some point...lololol.

ecgRN
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Steam ID: Luckyiam_
View Quote
There's about a gazillion Luckyiam's on Steam
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There's about a gazillion Luckyiam's on Steam
View Quote
and I'm pretty sure none of them are the right one
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]
been playing this a good bit lately, love shooting down helicopters with the rpg/dshk 
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been having a lot of fun flying the choppers lately. The cobra can bring a lot of fire power down on a point and clear it out
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been having a lot of fun flying the choppers lately. The cobra can bring a lot of fire power down on a point and clear it out
View Quote
Had a teammate walk up and shoot you because they want the spot you're in yet? 
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Surprisingly, no

It also seems like people avoid taking pilot slots if they don't know how to fly. It's amazing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Shades of BF...

It's why I quit playing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Surprisingly, no

It also seems like people avoid taking pilot slots if they don't know how to fly. It's amazing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprisingly, no

It helps that only the pilot class can fly, and they spawn, with the helicopters, far away where nobody can get to them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#14]
downloading now
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It helps that only the pilot class can fly, and they spawn, with the helicopters, far away where nobody can get to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprisingly, no

The controls and flight model in this game suck...  Is there a way to use a joystick?  Because I haven't found one.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The controls and flight model in this game suck...  Is there a way to use a joystick?  Because I haven't found one.
View Quote
Turn on the "advanced" flight model, or whatever it is called. The basic one sucks fucking balls because you have no real control over your collective.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I found this incredibly useful. You can use steam to bind whatever you want to a controller. You can even bind mouse movement to the sticks.

I've set up an xbox controller and my flying has improved dramatically. Still not good enough for a match yet but I can safely land in the clearing south of A on An Lao like a 1/3 of the time now. 

Steam Update: Use Any Controller, Not Just Steam Controller (think Xpadder on STEROIDS) Xbox, PS4
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I've tried a couple times to set up the controls for flying, they work out better on my steam controller, but it seems to be completely impossible for me to bring the helicopter in easy.

I feel like the problem is that the only option for "pressure sensitive" controls are on the mouse, and using a joystick as a mouse means you can't freelook without overriding your control stick to do it.

It's either you can look freely, but your only control options are directional in either an on/off pattern where you can't ease the stick, or you can use the stick to gently steer while having your viewpoint fixed only in front of you.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#19]
So, last night I managed to get the "trick shot" achievement, for shooting a helicopter down, and having it crash on another enemy player. Oddly, I didn't actually hit the heli with my rpg, the heli just crashed due to, well probably the requirement that only the fucking Rain Man could get the controls to work smoothly and the guy just crashed shortly after I missed him.

Tonight, I will be hunting unaware players on the edges of the maps to backblast with the RPG for a kill.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh nice.  DL'ing it now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So, last night I managed to get the "trick shot" achievement, for shooting a helicopter down, and having it crash on another enemy player. Oddly, I didn't actually hit the heli with my rpg, the heli just crashed due to, well probably the requirement that only the fucking Rain Man could get the controls to work smoothly and the guy just crashed shortly after I missed him.

Tonight, I will be hunting unaware players on the edges of the maps to backblast with the RPG for a kill.
View Quote
Who gets credit for heli kills is screwed up in this game. So many times I've had my engine shot up to the point of needing to crash land, and any teammates killed counted as TKs towards me instead of rewarding the enemy that shot us up with them
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Will an i5 at 3.8 ghz, 8 gig ram, and a GeForce 1060 with 6 gigs be good enough?

If so, I'll be online soon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Will an i5 at 3.8 ghz, 8 gig ram, and a GeForce 1060 with 6 gigs be good enough?

If so, I'll be online soon.
View Quote
Yes. I have a 960 and play with everything on high at 1080p
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:06:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Update 1.01 is out if anybody has been waiting for them to fix some of the bugs.

changelog

One notable change is that you can now only initiate a vote kick for people on your team...so no more kicking the enemy commander if he's doing too good a job.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:32:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Been having alot of fun in it, the 16 player skirmish is intense too.

I am Anastasia Rebelde on steam if anybody wants a battle buddy.

Also I found this today
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#26]
One of those games where I can shout into the mic "GOOKS IN THE WIRE", "GET FUCKED COMMIES", or "LOOK AT THIS SLANT-EYES!" 

What also makes it more authentic is hearing the Vietcong/NVA players put on their voice impressions shouting "GI go home!" 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes. I have a 960 and play with everything on high at 1080p
View Quote
Cool.  Just bought it on Steam.  Waiting on my computer to be shipped.
>In before "why didn't you build it yourself?"

Edit: Steam name [C Co. 1-6] Boris
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
WHY DIDNT YOU BUILD IT YOURSELF FOOL!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
WHY DIDNT YOU BUILD IT YOURSELF FOOL!!!!!
View Quote
Laziness and I've not built a computer for almost 20 years.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:00:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Played some awesome rounds on the server today in territories. This is more like a death simulator than anything else. I absorbed more bullets than I should have but it was loads of fun.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:52:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've tried a couple times to set up the controls for flying, they work out better on my steam controller, but it seems to be completely impossible for me to bring the helicopter in easy.

I feel like the problem is that the only option for "pressure sensitive" controls are on the mouse, and using a joystick as a mouse means you can't freelook without overriding your control stick to do it.

It's either you can look freely, but your only control options are directional in either an on/off pattern where you can't ease the stick, or you can use the stick to gently steer while having your viewpoint fixed only in front of you.
View Quote
Ugh the whole flight model for the helicopters is just wrong is what's wrong ..
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#32]
The only thing I don't like about the game is how clunky the movement is.... crawling, crouching, leaning, especially while trying to use your irons or a scope.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Honestly, prebuilts aren't a bad idea right now. Pretty much the only way to not get raped with GPU prices.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Got my new box 2 days ago.  

I'm pretty impressed with this game.  I probably spent 4 hours getting my ass kicked yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Is there anything close to this (pc based Vietnam FPS) that has a single player mode?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is there anything close to this (pc based Vietnam FPS) that has a single player mode?
View Quote
Nothing remotely recent
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nothing remotely recent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing remotely recent
I was afraid of that but wanted to ask in case I missed something. Was the last good one Vietcong?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was afraid of that but wanted to ask in case I missed something. Was the last good one Vietcong?
View Quote
I liked Men of Valor: Vietnam
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks, I missed that one and it is available on Steam!
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I managed to get the achievement for getting five kills with a single stripper clip in the Mosin last night.

Also, unrelated, but set in Vietnam, anyone watching the Oats Studios shorts on Steam? The Firebase one is set in VN and is pretty awesome (as they all are).
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I managed to get the achievement for getting five kills with a single stripper clip in the Mosin last night.

Also, unrelated, but set in Vietnam, anyone watching the Oats Studios shorts on Steam? The Firebase one is set in VN and is pretty awesome (as they all are).
View Quote
Get the daredevil and achievment 
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#42]
There's an achievement for shooting down a jet or spooky with an RPG

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wish there was, but I don't know of anything. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Played this for 15 minutes after drinking last night.

0 kills.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Am I the only one who gravitates towards the skirmish maps? The 64 player mega-maps just don't do it for me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who gravitates towards the skirmish maps? The 64 player mega-maps just don't do it for me.
View Quote
I like the helicopter maps. The worst is when they play skirmish maps on the 64 player servers
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I like the helicopter maps. The worst is when they play skirmish maps on the 64 player servers
View Quote
Haven't seen that... the most I ever see skirmish servers up to is 16. Doesn't seem to be a very popular game mode and I wish that would change.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Have they fixed the cobra bug?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:02:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Been having alot of fun in it, the 16 player skirmish is intense too.

I am Anastasia Rebelde on steam if anybody wants a battle buddy.

Also I found this today https://i.redditmedia.com/Vj7gbS5IO193fZ86gaikUqa64xdQoi41t2rcusEvwcg.jpg?w=669&s=609d1b4738c27ab7952e63fcb80b47cb
View Quote
Is that Private Joker? 
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top