Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2017 10:53:57 PM EDT
So I bought this the other day as it was on sale @ 22.50 and I got notice that I could install it and I've been playing it for the last two days. I like it so far. Anyone else got it?  I really like the scoped rifles and how the scopes work in game.. almost to the point of being like RL.

RS2 Vietnam
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I just YouTube it.  Looks a lot better then BFV!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#2]
This weekend is another beta test weekend, and anyone who preordered is able to play for this beta wave.
I'm not sure if there's going to be another one before launch though.
I really can't wait till launch and some servers go up playing hardcore mode.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The maps with helicopters are cinematic as hell
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The maps with helicopters are cinematic as hell
View Quote
At one point when I was playing as the Vietcong I had napalm dropped on me as I was crossing a field. I was really the only person there but all I could do was watch the canisters tumble in for an eternity. It was just like We Were Soldiers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The game is okay.  Has a lot to go still.  I feel some of the maps were designed in a way that one side just can't do anything.

Feels a little clunky.

I am really hoping this turns out to be great.  I wasn't too impressed with it, hope that changes.

Rising Storm: Red Orchestra 2 was awesome.  Heres to hoping they polish it up fast!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The game is okay.  Has a lot to go still.  I feel some of the maps were designed in a way that one side just can't do anything.

Feels a little clunky.

I am really hoping this turns out to be great.  I wasn't too impressed with it, hope that changes.

Rising Storm: Red Orchestra 2 was awesome.  Heres to hoping they polish it up fast!
View Quote
If this was clunky to you than RO2 must have actually been unplayable
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Are the helicopter controls/mechanics similar to BF:VN or more dumbed down like the more recent Battlefields? Other than TFC some of the best FPS times I've had was being the clan chopper pilot for OGL/CAL matches.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are the helicopter controls/mechanics similar to BF:VN or more dumbed down like the more recent Battlefields? Other than TFC some of the best FPS times I've had was being the clan chopper pilot for OGL/CAL matches.
View Quote
There's a bunch of different chopper control settings. I haven't really messed with them, though
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I will say that you die REALLY, REALLY fast. It's like if everyone had MKBs in the first game. At least holding your breath no longer gives you magical zooming vision
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#10]
My brother got me a beta code for the last one, and I finally got a chance to play. All I can say is wow.

It was hard at first with the no kill cams, and one to two shot deaths but once you get the hang of it, the game is addicting. I know I'm gonna get this asap, and I really hope it drops soon because I am stoked.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Open beta this weekend. No code required
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#12]
May try it out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:27:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Sat'ed many Cong tonight.

Launch is on the 30th.

Hopefully there will be an M2 Carbine in an update sometime.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't appear to be on Xbox one...
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Doesn't appear to be on Xbox one...
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the same studio that made 1 of my addictions known as Killing Floor 2.  Might be good.  Would be cool if they brought in exotic guns like the M63 Stoner & M16/CAR15+M203 combo.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Tripwire actually recorded many of my buddy's machine guns for that game's sounds.  He sent me videos and pics of the range day with them.  Nice to shoot machine guns all day, have the ammo covered, and get paid for it to boot.  Cool to see/hear the final product.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought it as well. Pretty fun, but i didnt get to play long. We should start a AR15.com clan/team for the game.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tripwire actually recorded many of my buddy's machine guns for that game's sounds.  He sent me videos and pics of the range day with them.  Nice to shoot machine guns all day, have the ammo covered, and get paid for it to boot.  Cool to see/hear the final product.
View Quote
That's pretty cool!

I played the beta and enjoyed it. cdkeys.com is selling keys for $15 so I bought one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Today's the day, gents.

Servers should go live in a bit over 4 hours now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Didn't realize it was out today until I got home and saw that it started downloading an update on my preloaded gamefile on Steam.

Three more minutes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I never really heard of it until I saw the last one for free. I picked that up and played it a little bit, definitely my type of game. I'll definitely be buying this one since it seems like a nice realistic breath of fresh air.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#23]
My cpu shit the bed PCSing from Japan, just now getting around to ordering a new desktop.  Should be here Friday, I'll order this after it's setup.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Played for a few hours tonight. It's really fun, but takes a bit getting used to the Red Orchestra way of doing things again. Settling back in though. If you see anyone playing as LesbianSeagull, that's me. 
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:08:32 AM EDT
[#25]
For the hell of it I went ahead and rented a server for a month, just to get my feet wet.

32 slots, includes TS. I will post details when I get them, everything is still pending.

Server name will be ARFCOM :: OMG It Spins I'll play with the configs when it comes online.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone have suggestions for fixing crashing on start up? I played the first day of the beta and after an update it crashes when it gets to the main menu every time. I have sent multiple error reports and had posted on the steam bug report disscusion page with no results.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone have suggestions for fixing crashing on start up? I played the first day of the beta and after an update it crashes when it gets to the main menu every time. I have sent multiple error reports and had posted on the steam bug report disscusion page with no results.
View Quote
Run Verify Integrity of Game Files via right clicking on the title in your library, select options and its on tab Local Files
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I love the dragunov in this game. I need one now.....

On another note, i hate firebase. Its too damn small. Also i think the Vietnamese are a bit outgunned....M16s are much better than the AK and the M14 is better than the SKS. Fun game to play if you have a mic.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Buying it now - see you online
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I never really heard of it until I saw the last one for free. I picked that up and played it a little bit, definitely my type of game. I'll definitely be buying this one since it seems like a nice realistic breath of fresh air.
View Quote
Glad to see you like the other one. Need more people to play with!

Add me on Steam if you want to play together. I am StroupMD on steam.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#31]
It's hard...but fun. I'll need lots of practice.

I'm off to play PUGB.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#32]
ive had the game since I was doing the closed betas.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Not sure what name to look up but my account name is Tow3ly and ingame name is SavageWhiteDude.

I'll be running with a mic as soon as Amazon decides to drop it off(should be tomorrow).
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll probably pick it up tonight/tomorrow. We've been friends on steam for a while already btw (sadface)
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#35]
The level of gore in this game is pretty elevated.

Headshots result in a red splotch on the wall behind the head with pink chunks in it.

I was camping an NVA tunnel as a US Sniper with my 1911.

Decided to mix it up and put a claymore right at the bottom of the stairs.

NVA starts running down the stairs.  Clack clack clack.

He got SHREDDED.  I actually got killed right after while standing over his body admiring my masterpiece.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Steam name is JMW2787 if anyone wants to play. 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:52:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'll probably pick it up tonight/tomorrow. We've been friends on steam for a while already btw (sadface)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn! I feel bad now! With all that has been going on lately i havent been paying attention. What was your username again.

Also, anyone that adds me from here let me know you are from AR15.com
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The level of gore in this game is pretty elevated.

Headshots result in a red splotch on the wall behind the head with pink chunks in it.

I was camping an NVA tunnel as a US Sniper with my 1911.

Decided to mix it up and put a claymore right at the bottom of the stairs.

NVA starts running down the stairs.  Clack clack clack.

He got SHREDDED.  I actually got killed right after while standing over his body admiring my masterpiece.
View Quote
Try the RPG.

It's freakin insane. 

Just spent an hour on cu chi launching rockets through doorways and seeing giant bloodsplosions with arms and shit flying out the windows.

Was getting 3 or 4 kills at a time on certain choke points....of course one of those was usually a friendly caught in the back blast. They really need proximity voice chat.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Try the RPG.

It's freakin insane. 

Just spent an hour on cu chi launching rockets through doorways and seeing giant bloodsplosions with arms and shit flying out the windows.

Was getting 3 or 4 kills at a time on certain choke points....of course one of those was usually a friendly caught in the back blast. They really need proximity voice chat.  
View Quote
I would love to see some proximity voice chat that also worked for the enemy. Maybe even just switch it to generic phrases in Vietnamese or English depending on which team you're listening to.

Steam username is currently:

Sat Cong

because seriously, I've been waiting for this game forever!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Damn! I feel bad now! With all that has been going on lately i havent been paying attention. What was your username again.

Also, anyone that adds me from here let me know you are from AR15.com
View Quote
pancakeofdoom, I ended up buying the game this morning, only had time for one round but it's pretty fun so far.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I would love to see some proximity voice chat that also worked for the enemy. Maybe even just switch it to generic phrases in Vietnamese or English depending on which team you're listening to.

Steam username is currently:

Sat Cong

because seriously, I've been waiting for this game forever!
View Quote
I think I added the right Sat Kong, I went with the one w/ the skull and hat that said iowa for location.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:59:02 AM EDT
[#42]
I need to play with my settings a bit, I can play the game for 5 mins solid and then it gets to feeling like I'm riding a drunken 800 pound hog.

ETA: If any of you get the same issues, turn off the framerate restrictions in your video settings.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:57:07 AM EDT
[#43]
The grenade launcher is a surprisingly fun weapon. I was blowing up dudes in huts from 200m away with it while camping a roof
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Got all the kinks worked out on my server.

Server name: OMG It Spins!!!
IP address: 192.227.163.51:58001

32 slots, if you play there and have issues let me know. I go by Aloha_Snakbar in steam.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Snip

32 slots, if you play there and have issues let me know. I go by Aloha_Snakbar in steam.
View Quote
lol love the screen name
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#46]

I managed to find it, added it to my favorites, but it's empty right now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#47]
There's a TS3 server associated with it; join the game server and the info is in the splash screen before you play. Good way to get my attention if I'm not otherwise preoccupied.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I got 3 entire kills with the Lotus
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I was reading that the lotus has a radio so the commander can mark targets and call in strikes from the back. Not sure if that's BS or not. 
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I was reading that the lotus has a radio so the commander can mark targets and call in strikes from the back. Not sure if that's BS or not. 
View Quote
It's true but I've never seen it done. And I guess it's actually called the "Loach"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top