Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2017 12:20:49 AM EDT
Is fucking awesome.  Bethesda really knocked it out of the ballpark IMO.

Yeah, it's changed a bit since last year's E3 trailer, but still pretty damn awesome.

PREY 2017 Trailer (E3 2016)
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:45:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty close to buying it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Kind of cool
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:49:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been out a week or so I think. Been playing it a lot and I have to say it's solid. Some hiccups, but it handles like the best parts of Dead Space, Bioshock, and Alien Isolation rolled together. 

Huge open map, but you need to either find key cards, hack the doors, or sneak through. Tons of RPG elements. Only real complaint is that it'll be a 3-4 play through game unless they add DLC, which is doubtful since it's very stand alone. Downsides is gun combat and AI are a bit flat, but I'm more of a explorer character than run n gun, so it doesn't bother me. 

Considering im probably 40+ hours in, I'd say it's worth my $. 8.5/10 score here. Average metacritic is 7.5 but a lot of individual reviews are 8+. 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of the System Shock and Bioshock games, and Prey definitely has that vibe. 

The Talos space station itself is really quite amazing, and the story telling is very well done through emails, audio and video logs, and interaction through a few NPCs you run in to along the way. System Shock, Bioshock and Dead Space all did this very well, just like Prey does. It slowly unfolds how the wheels fell off and when the shit hit the fan. 

The combat, at least in the early stages of the game, is painful. It's honestly better to run or sneak away from most encounters. I'm hoping it gets better as you gain weapons and skills, but right now, it sucks. Granted I'm only four or five hours in, and a lot of that has been spent just wandering around searching for stuff. 
View Quote
Granted im playing on normal, but some of the combat later on is easy, others is 'oh shit! RUN!' Kinda moments. Still satisfying to crawl up to a phantom and  blow its head off with a max upgrade shotgun though. 

The gloo cannon is your beast friend though. Wall off stuff, make stairs, or freeze guys in place. 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]
For whatever reason I expected something different.  But that's my fault for not researching beyond watching the trailer.  It's similar to Dead Space, which is fine because I loved that series.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the consensus? Buy now, wait for a sale, or pass?

I've been seeing comparisons to System Shock, Bioshock and Dead Space which are all good signs. On the other hand, the official reviews have been pretty bad, but I don't really trust reviewers much anymore.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the consensus? Buy now, wait for a sale, or pass?

I've been seeing comparisons to System Shock, Bioshock and Dead Space which are all good signs. On the other hand, the official reviews have been pretty bad, but I don't really trust reviewers much anymore.
View Quote
I freaking love it.  They are pushing patches to fix bugs every week or so, so the gameplay keeps getting better IMO.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Btw, I think you get an achievement for recycling every body in the crew quarters.  So save before entering, murder the shit out of everyone, toss them in a pile, then recycler charge.   I was watching a stream last night where the guy got (I think it was) a Reduce, Reuse, Recycle achievement.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top