Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2017 1:06:20 AM EDT
Seriously one of my favorite series with amazing lore.

Well we are officially getting the third game in 2018. Also before anyone herps and derps, Fury was always a female.

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
fuck yeah. been waiting a long time. was hoping it would come out when the title was sold after thq went under.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I still need to beat the first two I'm glad the series lives on though
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
First gameplay demo.

Pre-Alpha so a lot is still missing. Releases in 1.5 years however what they have is looking good.

https://youtu.be/pk_D2NSdOvA
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I really liked the second one. Hopefully she has more than that whip weapon, that sound would get old pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really liked the second one. Hopefully she has more than that whip weapon, that sound would get old pretty quickly.
View Quote
You can see some form of dagger on her back that the player did not use.

Hopefully they add some changes to the sound, luckily with it being so far away they have time to make some changed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#6]
IGN has covered the hell out of this game.

Here's a QUESTION/A they did.

I personally just beat darksiders on apocalyptic and have begun my apocalyptic playthrough of Darksiders 2.

1. Will you be using motion capture for the characters movements and facial animations in the final product?

No, much like the previous Darksiders games all of the animations are done by hand by our talented animation team!  Plus, demons aren’t very cooperative when it comes to motion capture!

2. Is Joe Mad designing any characters other than Fury?

While we are close with Joe and he works also with THQ Nordic on a project we can’t confirm anything here.

3. Will New Game Plus mode be present and will we able to do it more than once?

Since the previous Darksiders had it, we will likely have it. As for multiple, we will definitely look into it!

4. Why was Fury's design changed from how she looked in the comics?

Characters change, aesthetics change. From War’s initial conception he went through 4 major visual revisions, one of them even made it into screenshots. We felt like she needed an update for what we had planned. So we got Joe Mad to do what he does, because we knew the changes would be for the better!

5. Is Darksiders 3 going to be at E3?

We will not be at E3…but Fury will be making another appearance soon.

6. Are there plans for Darksiders 4?

Anything is possible, and the gears are already turning on what the story would be!

7. Will there be optional/hidden areas with optional/hidden bosses?

We love hiding goodies in all the nooks and crannies of the world for players to find so, yes!

8. What is Fury's true form, if she has one?

She has one, we’re just not ready to reveal it yet!

9. Will the RPG/loot/armor and weapons system from Darksiders 2 be back at all?

All we’ll say is expect something new and unique for Darksiders 3!

10. How will this installment effect the Darksiders universe? What will make Fury standout from the other riders?

The original Darksiders’ Story acted like book ends for the story of the horsemen. In Darksiders 2 we found out what Death was doing during that time, so it just makes sense to show what Fury was doing.  Each of them play a very important role in the events of the Darksiders universe in their own way. The biggest standout for Fury gameplay wise is that unlike her brothers who relied discovering gadgets to get them around the world, her unlocks are a lot more holistic and integrated into her and the way she plays.

11. My question is, what made you guys choose to do Fury before Strife and given how tight the 2 of them are in the book and graphic novel, why is Strife not on this mission with Fury or will we have to wait for Darksiders 4 to find out?

You’ll just have to wait and see.  Fury has a very interesting story arc that unravels through the game and should answer these questions!

12. What was the most difficult part about working on the Darksiders franchise?

Darksiders is a such an amalgamation of so many different things: Puzzles, Combat, Exploration, Story.  In games, it’s often hard to just nail one of these elements, and make them feel right. In Darksiders, we have to nail all of them, not to mention finding ways to seamlessly blend between them. We know the combat will be compared to the best combat games out there. We know we have make puzzles that can stand toe to toe with other puzzle games out there. We strive to make memorable characters that people get so excited about that they want to make fan art and cosplay as them.  It’s a challenge for sure, but we love it!

13. Will there be finishers in the final game?

Yes!

14. Will there be other weapons?

Yes!

15. Will combat have more combos than just the three basic attacks in a row?

No!  …Of course!  This is a Darksiders game, expect lots of combat options!

16. Here’s a question can you explain the skill tree in just 5 words to us?

There.Is.No.Skill.Tree. Next question! All Jokes aside, players should expect something new and unique for Fury’s progression the same way Darksiders 2 deviated from Darksiders 1!

17. Will combat evolve throughout the game with more options and capabilities to keep fights interesting?

Of course, this is after all a Darksiders game! Fury will have a lot of similar abilities to her brothers and quite a few unique to her!
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top