Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 9:45:19 PM EDT
I've been wanting to get into wargames for the past few months after reading Team Yankee and Red Storm Rising again. I used to play Warhammer 15ish years ago with my brothers growing up and wanted to get some opinions on the gameplay.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
First I've heard of it, but now I want to spend a lot of money on it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh man, this looks cool to bad there aren't any gaming spots around here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
It's an evolution of their earlier Flames of war rules. Apparently, they streamlined the ruleset significantly for Team Yankee. I'd love to get a British or German army going someday. Flames of war was a fun game. I had a 1st British Airborne/30Corps army that was fun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
So I may have gotten a bit overexcited and built up two armies. I wasnt thrilled with the scale nor the cost it would take to buy their miniatures so I ended up buying a bunch of 1/72 kits. There is another rule book I found called "Cold War Gone Hot" which i may use to make a hybrid game out of.

Most of my armies are Chinese "4D" tank kits which have been hit or miss. You can get tanks for ~$3.50 shipped from China/Hong Kong which is nice. The proportions are a bit off but they work. The T-72 and T-55's are probably the best, the m1 Abrams, m1 Panther M88 recovery vehicles are passable, but the Leopard II has the newer generation turret I had to modify to work. Also forget about the m113, because it is too short and too wide/long for scale, i ended up buying a bunch of used HO scale m113's. I also sourced the BMP-2's and BTR-60's on ebay from a 3-D printer for a reasonable price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top