Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2017 6:43:12 PM EDT
Star Wars Battlefront II: Full Length Reveal Trailer

Didn't watch the full vid. Skipped around, looked like total pre-rendered footage, with zero game play.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No way in hell am I buying another EA bullshit excuse game where they hold back shit and save it as a pay for downloadable content "extra".

Between Hollywood movie remakes and EA bullshit "challenge nothing" game cloning, I am largely done with it all.

Corporate Commander can burn in hell.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No way in hell am I buying another EA bullshit excuse game where they hold back shit and save it as a pay for downloadable content "extra".

Between Hollywood movie remakes and EA bullshit "challenge nothing" game cloning, I am largely done with it all.

Corporate Commander can burn in hell.
View Quote
While I'm personally waiting for reviews on this one they MIGHT have learned from their greed (not likely). There will be a campaign, it will span all movie eras, there will be space battles, class based soldiers, and NO SEASON PASS BULLSHIT. I'm sure they intent to make more money off microtransactions which are fine by me as long as they're done right. Titanfall 2 charges for cosmetics only and I eat that shit up just like overwatch and r6 siege. I mean shit, I've spent more on overwatch loot boxes than I would have on a season pass for an EA game.

In any which case I'm hoping EA is learning from bliz/r6 devs that the cash will flow if you're not a greedy asshole, but I guess we'll find out after reviews are out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll pass. I bought the first one and regretted it after a couple days.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
No thanks..
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll pass. I bought the first one and regretted it after a couple days.
View Quote
The original from like 2004 and its sequel were pretty good. EA took over for the remake and it had like 4 fucking maps that were modified just enough for different modes so they could claim they were different. It dropped a lot of stuff and sucked. It looked good though.

At this point in my life I think I'm pretty much done with EA. I can't think of anything they have done right in years. Hell they royally fucked up mirrors edge 2 making it a crapping open world game with a bunch of time challenges and titan fall 2 sucked compared to the first(I know they just published that but still).
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
didn't the new one have like 1/4 the number of players per map as the old one a decade ago?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
didn't the new one have like 1/4 the number of players per map as the old one a decade ago?
View Quote
It was lower but not that low. I don't have any expectations but if I do get it it'll be for PC. Origin will do refunds and the xbox store does too now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
They claimed it had like 12 maps at launch and then added another zone via free dlc. The problem is that was 12 maps across all game types. Each gametype had 4 maps(from memory) plus the 5th which was free dlc.

It was clear from playing it that they could have modified some of the maps to have one map work across multiple game types but that would have lowered the number they could claim. Most would hear 12 maps and think that most of those would be on each game type or most of them. Thats how it normally works for fps games.

It got very old very fast with that shit level of maps.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll give it a shot.  Hopefully EA listened.  We know they heard some of the shouting since this one has a single player campaign, and it's not just a game as it is reported to be canon in the SW story line also.

I'd imagine Disney had a discussion with them to get it right if they want to continue licensing rights.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
They got people angrily yelling at them when they talked about exclusive pre-order perks at the Celebration panel today.  They paused for just a second with grins like they knew, then kept going with their talk.

Battlefront was my first foray back into gaming in over 5yrs, and first Xbox game since Nintendo64.  I was pretty happy with it, mainly because I waited and got the ultimate or whatever edition for $30.  Once I got the hang of playing with a controller, I enjoyed it mostly for the emersion in the SW universe.  You can't deny that the levels really get you into the mood for Star Wars.  It's still a beautiful game.

But it's still an EA game, part of what got me disillusioned about gaming in the first place.  Little thought, just run up shoot and die, rinse/repeat.  I'm still playing it and have little trouble finding people online to play against this far past its release, so I'll expect to wait until BFII goes on sale.  I fully intend to give EA the least amount of money possible.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#11]
No season passes.

they need to "come up with something better."
View Quote
Hmmm..... Maybe one can hope for the best?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]
if it was a movie. i'd watch it.

but it's an EA game. i'll wait till after i see lots of player reviews.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No season passes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No season passes.

they need to "come up with something better."
It's only a matter of time before they go for a subscription service on individual games.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll wait for it to be out for awhile. The last one was utter shit, very one dimensional, like it was designed for 8 year olds. I paid full price and was sorely disappointed, I won't make that mistake again. The original was awesome, I don't why they decided to botch the hell out of the reboot. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#15]
It appears similar to the first game but better. I'll be buying it if so.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I really don't trust EA. The last game looked and sounded amazing. That's the only positive about it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I wish Xbox would release a joystick with this game.  The space fighting levels I just can't get used to in a joystick.

Question for anyone who played the first one....did it always seem like you get hit like one or two times and get killed, versus having to hit your enemy 5-6 times for them to go down? Just about every time it's like that, even with the most powerful weapons.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There will be a campaign, it will span all movie eras,
View Quote
The "gameplay" spans all movie eras - because they added characters like Darth Maul and Kylo Ren to multiplayer.  
Single player campaign is set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.  ...and stars a new, SJW female character.

It sickens me that EA has exclusive rights to Star Wars games.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wish Xbox would release a joystick with this game.  The space fighting levels I just can't get used to in a joystick.

Question for anyone who played the first one....did it always seem like you get hit like one or two times and get killed, versus having to hit your enemy 5-6 times for them to go down? Just about every time it's like that, even with the most powerful weapons.
View Quote
Headshots were king in the originals, and sniping didn't suck a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant to clarify.  The first Battlefront that EA produced, last year.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess I am the Odd man out as I liked Battlefront more then Halo 5.   I fall asleep playing Halo 5.  Don't really care about all the unlocks, cards, or level editor.  Both Halo 5 and Battlefront suffered on lack of maps.  Homemade maps in Halo are limited in scope.

Battlefront 2 is a instant buy for me.  An Imperial side campaign sounds like pure win.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I guess I am the Odd man out as I liked Battlefront more then Halo 5.   I fall asleep playing Halo 5.  Don't really care about all the unlocks, cards, or level editor.  Both Halo 5 and Battlefront suffered on lack of maps.  Homemade maps in Halo are limited in scope.

Battlefront 2 is a instant buy for me.  An Imperial side campaign sounds like pure win.
View Quote
Battlefront was the most shallow and boring MP experience I've had (after getting over the purdyness). That is not saying good things for Halo 5 xD
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Battlefront was the most shallow and boring MP experience I've had (after getting over the purdyness). That is not saying good things for Halo 5 xD
View Quote
I've never understood what is shallow about it.  They added extra unlocks.  I don't really care about unlockables and would rather have most of the stuff to start with.  My focus on gaming has never been that and view it as a waste of time.  Call of Duty 1/2 were fun games without that crap.  ARMA did not either.

Halo 5 you unlock weapon skins and alternate armor.  Most of which looks the same to me.  Not exciting at all.  I prefer the first few Halo's.  You did not need cards to use vehicles either, they spawned in map anyway.

Its like people jump on a bandwagon to believe the same things.  I've had Battlefront and Halo 5 (most often compared together for some reason) and scarcely touch Halo.  I've spent the most time in Battlefield though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#24]
A little more news trickling out.  

It's going to have a class system rather than using the star cards.  And apparently if you buy the $80 deluxe version you're wasting your money because the stuff it has can be unlocked through gameplay.  Or, the hard way, as some say.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-will-use-dedicated-servers/1100-6449507/

And judging by the main web page we get to play on Yavin 4?  Sweet!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I just got the first one (I'm a late adopter), so I'll probably wait to get this one as the price drops.  But it looks cool to me.  I liked the first one, and I'm not even on Xbox Live Gold.  It's just a way to have fun for an hour or so with the wife or kid, blasting away as a stormtrooper or a rebel.  Sometimes we fight each other, sometimes we play on the same team.  I do wish their were more maps, but I'm getting my $20 worth.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well I just got the first one (I'm a late adopter), so I'll probably wait to get this one as the price drops.  But it looks cool to me.  I liked the first one, and I'm not even on Xbox Live Gold.  It's just a way to have fun for an hour or so with the wife or kid, blasting away as a stormtrooper or a rebel.  Sometimes we fight each other, sometimes we play on the same team.  I do wish their were more maps, but I'm getting my $20 worth.
View Quote
If you get Xbox live, look me up (see xbox thread).  It's the only game I play.  You'll love the emmersion of the maps once you get in, the little nods here and there.  An empty carbon freezing block, Luke's speeder, etc.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Trailer looks awesome.

I hated EA first Battlefront.

I'll probably buy this one eventually, if it gets decent reviews.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh, look. A female protagonist in Star Wars. How refreshing...

Oh, who am I kidding. It's Star Wars, so of course I'll buy it, but the SJW pandering is getting tiresome.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I've had Star Wars Battlefront I and II on PC for probably 10 years now!  

It confused me the first time I saw the hype about SW:Battlefront, I didn't get why people were all of sudden pumped about a game from 2004/5 . I'm always behind the times. I haven't gotten the new Battlefront yet, it looks fun to me (and better than the originals), but I need to build a better PC to run it first! On the bright side games are all cheaper if you buy it after the hype has died down. 
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Are there any confirmations on whether the extra content they are providing in the $80 pre-order will be available to earn by playing the game?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#31]
You gotta hand it to 'em, these folks really know how to put a trailer together.  

New trailer out today.  Apparently there was some gameplay videos around too, but I can't find it.

Star Wars Battlefront II: Official Gameplay Trailer

ETA:  Here it is

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Battlefront was the most shallow and boring MP experience I've had
View Quote
Pretty much sums up my experience as well
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I played it on a console, and like the simplicity of it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stopped playing MP (and, therefore the game) a couple of months after release.  While I enjoyed the popcorn simplicity, the lack of a "prone" option basically made it feel like 1999 all over again.  Petty, I'm sure, but 3-5 second rushes between cover works well in other FPS games, don't know why EA had to take it out of this one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Got an Alpha gameplay code in my inbox. Hmmm.... I don't even remember signing up for it lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top