Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2017 1:09:21 PM EDT
https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/13/nintendos-fastest-selling-console-ever-couldnt-top-zelda/

"Nintendo has been proclaiming that the Switch is its fastest-selling console ever since the system launched, but now it has numbers to back that up."

"...the Switch sold 906,000 units in the US in March. What's surprising, however, is that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is not just its fastest-selling launch title of all time, its Switch version actually outsold the console, moving 925,000 copies (add 460,000 for the Wii U and you have 1.3 million total)."

"According to Nintendo, reaching an attach rate of over 100 percent could be attributed to people buying limited editions of the game to collect plus a second copy to play."

May have to reconsider my decision to skip the Switch...
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I got BoTW for WiiU. Love it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Or, you know, people like me who bought Zelda but have yet to find a console for sale that is not being sold by a scalper.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Always wait until they get the bugs out of the system (and it sounds like the switch has a lot)
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the Neo Geo classics.  Zelda may be the best adventure game I have ever played.  No bugs or issues with mine.  I got it at midnight release day.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love to get one, but can't find one anywhere.  I tried iStocknow, but no luck.  They would show up to 11 available at different stores, but none there when I showed up.  Traveling sales, and would be awesome for gaming while on the go, even if just BOTW and eventually minecraft, stardew valley, possibly a few others.

Anyone know of best places to drop by and pick one up in stock?  I travel through NC and VA, will be in VA this week - Norfolk area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Switch or WiiU?
View Quote
If you want a handheld gaming platform right now go for the Switch. If you can wait, Nintendo will have a new 3DS coming out later this year which will cut into the sales of the Switch which is kind of baffling.

If you want a console wait for Xbox Scorpio which can do 4k@60fps. The Switch is like the WiiU in term of power. The difference is it can be handheld.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:15:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:36:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have 3 3ds

Could care less about anything Microsoft offers.

Also have a Switch (scroll up) (and a WiiU).  Was just asking him what version of Zelda he bought.

I have both but have been playing the Switch version more cause I can sit it on my desk while I work.

Where did you hear about a new 3ds?  I'm usually up on any Nintendo news and I haven't heard anything.
View Quote
I haven''t heard anything out a new 3ds either.  I mean, the whole point of the switch seems to be to combine a handheld with a console and remove the need to have two separate systems and game libraries.  It's a 3ds and a WiiU in one.  I don't see the logic in Nintendo releasing a new handheld when they've already got a handheld in the switch.  It would cannibalize their own sales.

I could maybe see them coming out with a mini version of the switch with a smaller screen and no dock ability down the road if they can get the physical dimensions of the system smaller without making it overheat, which...good luck with that, I guess.

Edit:  Unless maybe it's just an update to the 3DS that will still only play that old 3DS library.  Bigger battery or cheaper manufacture cost or something.  But a whole new chipset and spec sheet?  Woof.  Although, that would be the most Nintendo move imaginable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:42:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I haven''t heard anything out a new 3ds either.  I mean, the whole point of the switch seems to be to combine a handheld with a console and remove the need to have two separate systems and game libraries.  It's a 3ds and a WiiU in one.  I don't see the logic in Nintendo releasing a new handheld when they've already got a handheld in the switch.  It would cannibalize their own sales.

I could maybe see them coming out with a mini version of the switch with a smaller screen and no dock ability down the road if they can get the physical dimensions of the system smaller without making it overheat, which...good luck with that, I guess.

Edit:  Unless maybe it's just an update to the 3DS that will still only play that old 3DS library.  Bigger battery or cheaper manufacture cost or something.  But a whole new chipset and spec sheet?  Woof.  Although, that would be the most Nintendo move imaginable.
View Quote
Maybe it will actually be what the "New" 3ds should have been - an actually more powerful processor that doesn't lag in intense situations, a real second circle pad instead of that stupid pressure stick thing, and change the layout back to the old 3DS (power button, card slot, and stylus slot placement is stupid).  I feel like I wasted money buying the new one.  Only actual improvement was face-tracking 3d.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife loves hers.

It's even better that when I want to watch TV or something, she just pulls the switch off its dock and piles on the sofa with me and keeps playing her games.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Absolutely love my Switch(es). Hands down my favorite console. I'm really excited to see what they do for additional games on the platform. I would flip if we go either a sequel or VC releases of Luigis Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine.

Quoted:
Loving Mario Kart, daughter and I have been playing in online matches every night, it's crazy.

http://galleryroulette.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Ive-seen-murders-less-brutal-than-this.gif
View Quote
Went and picked up Mario Kart with my nephew this week(he finally saved up enough money, plus got student of the month) and have been having tons of fun playing it.

Also brought my whole console over to a friends house and had tons of fun with a bunch of adults playing Mario Kart and Snipperclips. Have yet to play around with online mode, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top