Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2017 12:37:42 PM EDT
I really enjoyed playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein so I got the latest game Wolfenstein The New Order. I just can't get into this new game. It isn't like the last one, like I was hoping. Has anyone played this new game? Does it get good or is it crap?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly, the new order had more advanced weaponry and stuff.  I played through it but I wasn't a fan.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I really liked The New Order but I haven't played any of the other wolfenstein games, it gets better after the first couple chapters. I wouldn't say it was the best game ever by any means, but overall it was fun and the story was interesting.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked Return and had the same problem staying interested in New Order.

New Order just felt like a very shallow game with short, linear levels trying to be a B movie. It was more of the Call of Duty "play game for five minutes, watch cutscene, play game for five more minutes, watch another cutscene" than the old "roam around level shooting guys while looking for thing that opens the next level".
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
*shrug*   I loved it.  The first mission is pretty poorly done, but after that it was great.  It was not super open, but it was also not nearly as linear as a COD game.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Loved New Order and the Old World. Both were very satisfying FPS games.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I played it through, but thought it kinda a crap game.  Only bought it to reminisce of the old school and it was nothing like it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I got so bored meandering about the base getting all the stupid trinkets or whatever and the levels themselves weren't that amazing. Not terrible though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The New Order is my favorite Wolfenstein game by far.

The other one, released a few years before, simply titled "Wolfenstein" also kept me entertained.

Come to think of it there hasn't really been a Wolfenstein I didn't like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top