BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember guys, even if you think it's a nice time to have a chill discussion about something, keep your head on a swivel... or don't do what I did and be better about locating sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGyeAytENec

Also...

m14 on auto with an extended mag is nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqpfK33l2-E
View Quote
They need to be careful. Power creep can ruin games and sniper rifles are already border line OP. 
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They need to be careful. Power creep can ruin games and sniper rifles are already border line OP. 
View Quote
Absolutely, honestly it was just one of those one in a thousand probably won't happen again games. My squad were the only ones that dropped on pochinki and we all ended up with an SKS or a fully kitted out ARs. The circle kept landing on us too and there was an air drop right on top of us that was completely uncontested. I've only made it to about a dozen air drops before and all the other times I found either a m249, kar, m24, or tommy gun. I just happened to have already had a fully kitted SKS that I swapped parts from. This was the first time I've had an extended mag, 8x and all that good stuff ready to go already. If the loot was like it usually was that game and I had found that crate still I wouldn't have had an extended mag, comp, etc etc all good to go. This was the first game out of 200+ where I had mostly level 3 stuff, all attachments, etc. I think the m14 is a beast but with the recoil and low mag you'll need attachments to make it close to OP. Up close it's a monster but so are shotguns. At range it's deadly but it's still outclasses by other guns. It's just the first gun that feels like an actual battle rifle to me. Pretty fun to use but it doesn't have the range of the AWM or the control of other guns. It's in a good spot right now I think.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]
@PancakeOfDoom

What do you use to record? GeForce Experience?

And whatever it is do you notice it making an impact on framerate?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Got disconnected from 3 out of my 4 last games last night with "network lag."

anyone else have issues?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got disconnected from 3 out of my 4 last games last night with "network lag."

anyone else have issues?
View Quote
Yes.

Was having a great round and lagged out yesterday and today.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Played a game this morning and I kept getting lag. I thought they fixed this shit. 
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Played a game this morning and I kept getting lag. I thought they fixed this shit. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Still not as bad as it was, although it does appear to be getting worse as time goes on. I think the servers suffer some sort of degradation over the course of the week between patches, they're usually better after patch day. At the very least after the last hotfix they were the best they've been since the game came out on early access so I'd imagine at the least the likely have a handle on what the issue is. The dev team did say they know exactly what the issue is but it's complicated and will take some time to fully patch so it's likely the last major hotfix to the servers was just a bandaid.

Quoted:
@PancakeOfDoom

What do you use to record? GeForce Experience?

And whatever it is do you notice it making an impact on framerate?
Yup, Nvidia Shadowplay. When I was on my i5 4690k and gtx970 it would cause a very slight drop in performance to have it enabled (like 1-2fps most of the time), if I used the instant replay feature it would cause a freeze for a few seconds. When I sent to the 4690k and gtx1080 combo instant replay would cause a little less of a freeze when saving. I just "upgraded" to an r5 1600x and kept my gtx1080 and instant replay is completely seamless now. I'd imagine if I had an i7 to begin with I wouldn't have noticed because it seems like it was CPU bound and not a GPU issue but I could be wrong. In any which case with an r5 1600 I can be playing pubg with discord in the background, a bunch of shit in chrome, tons of background stuff (razer synapse, etc), be uploading to youtube, and have spotify or whatever going in the background and I don't notice even a hiccup while alt-tabbing. So what I'm getting at is I think any performace issues I had with shadowplay where CPU related and if you have an i7 you should be fine. Of course the internet lynch mobs generally hate on it but I don't suffer any performance loss over using fraps, rivatuner, etc like I was before and for me it causes less issues and was easier/faster to set up on a new machine. I usually only keep instant replay on for the last 2min though. I don't like to sort through a bunch of footage since I usually just do quick uploads to youtube while loading a new pubg match. My usual duos partner has an i5 5690k and sli 970s in a small space heater of a case with a shit mobo and he records 15min at a time to a regular HDD with no complaints. edit: That dude also manages to play remotely while at work on his second work monitor off of a raspberry pi somehow so he's not exactly tech illeterate and he chooses to use shadowplay so I'm assuming there is something to that. The only negative to nvidia software is all the telemetry but you can disable that with about 2 minutes on google last I checked.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Lagged out again.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lagged out again.
View Quote
I don't know why it's doing that. It just pops up network lag and then stays on that screen til we disconnect. Then when I try to go back it says the game has ended.

They have GOT to fix this.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't know why it's doing that. It just pops up network lag and then stays on that screen til we disconnect. Then when I try to go back it says the game has ended.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lagged out again.

Same with me...Network lagged then I got to play some then network lag again. 
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I really hate playing Squads and TPP.

That is all.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#12]
HEY GUYS! I just got this game too!

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Random squads suck.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#14]
FPP squads came out.

Had two second place finishes yesterday. One in duos with my brother where I botched he final shot.

The other was a random squad, two of our guys died right off the bat and me and the other guy made our way in to the end. He dropped and I couldn't locate the last one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll need to try FP squads. I have only played 2 or three games as FP.

I ordered another 8GB of memory off Amazon so in a few days I'll be up to 16gb and may actually have enough memory to leak some haha.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Random squads suck.
View Quote
Reddit has a discord server which is extremely active and takes only a minute to find a squad. A squad of randoms that are all on voice chat and speaking English is a huge improvement.

r/pubattlegrounds discord
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Lots of lag again today. 
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#18]
This happened last night. Holy fucking lolz

http://plays.tv/video/598c165e8f10560ae8/pubg-wtfcrate
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#19]
So close but so far.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:49:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Played a few rounds with Orracle last night and had a weird bug. Halfway through reloading the revolver I switched to a Beretta 92 but the animation and sound of the revolver were still going.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Pistol reload bug
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:26:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Played a few rounds with Orracle last night and had a weird bug. Halfway through reloading the revolver I switched to a Beretta 92 but the animation and sound of the revolver were still going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrmpJUqD2Y
View Quote
You could have hit X to put away your weapon and when you pull it back out it would have worked.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Can someone message me orracle's username? He sent it to me and I still can't find him...been friends with him for a long time on battle.net and on war and order but can't find him on steam lol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
The first video, I forgot about that massacre lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Another 2nd place finish last night. I can smell the chicken.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Had a nice 9kill game in Duos with my random teammate doing nothing, got 3 early and took out 6 moving into the 5th circle.

Had a crazy Kar98 game with an 8x. Got pinched by two teams, killed one team with Kar, killed the other team with my UMP. Sniped some guys that were camping watertower, they got flanked after I downed one of them and hit the other.
Then got killed fighting a team while trying to get out of the zone, down both the guys once each before they finally killed me. ~300hit points with only 5 kills and got 12th.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Gotta love that first person hipfire.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:14:12 AM EDT
[#27]
FP duo. Second game. Awesome.

Stealth.

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Been playing solo here at work a couple hours.  I can't do shit, got top 20 a couple times but that's as far as I've gotten.  Maybe not enough caffeine yet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#29]
If anyone wants to play my IGN is agnstcully and steam name is turkturkelton !
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuckin hell, sorry Oracle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Did pretty good last night got few top ten ranks even though I had to hear couple people scream for a unknown reason. 
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#32]
just upgreyedd my old crappy A8 to a Ryzen 5 1600 16DDR4 and a NVMe M2. with same 1050 Ti I went from 25-48fps to 55-82fps. 144hz monitor is awesome too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Had a #4 squad game last night with lord, my brother, and a random friend.

Everything was going stellar until I tried to ram the 2nd to last squad and missed pushing our whole team out of the circle.

Then I was caught outside the blue and accidentally shot my downed teammate as I died lol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
just upgreyedd my old crappy A8 to a Ryzen 5 1600 16DDR4 and a NVMe M2. with same 1050 Ti I went from 25-48fps to 55-82fps. 144hz monitor is awesome too.
View Quote
Awesome! I got another 8gb or memory bringing me up to 16 yesterday. Night and day difference.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Awesome! I got another 8gb or memory bringing me up to 16 yesterday. Night and day difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is quite the jump isn't there.

I'm really starting to appreciate the AK now, I think it may be my favorite long gun. I still can't decide on a secondary that works he's for me, though my best matches have been SKS And AK if one of them is silenced.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm really starting to appreciate the AK now, I think it may be my favorite long gun. I still can't decide on a secondary that works he's for me, though my best matches have been SKS And AK if one of them is silenced.
View Quote
AK and Ump has become my favorite combo. I used to hate the AK.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm pretty partial the s686 w/ choke or ump w/ suppressor. The ump has a 40rnd extended mag IIRC which is a ton of ammo. burst fire is actually pretty deadly, and with a suppressor it is only out-silenced by the VSS. The s686 is often overlooked but with good aim it's the deadliest CQB weapon in game. With choke and side saddle you can do enough damage with the 2 rounds to punch through the heaviest of armor while keeping some decent range and the reload is still short enough to deal with multiple attackers if you're trying to defend.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Not my favorite way to win but the last guy was hiding in the bunker for the last 2-3 circles...
I defended that hill though and got 4kills from people trying to bum rush me. I also killed a guy that was bridge camping, after he nearly killed me when I was crossing, he jumped into the water and I camped under the bridge waiting for him.

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Solid night of PUBG.

Duo win with a random guy, we played the last couple of circles really well.

Finished the night with a solid solo win, thanks to a silenced Kar98 with a 4x.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Solid night of PUBG.

Duo win with a random guy, we played the last couple of circles really well.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849345845409110721/237BD80B5F97200E094E08E2534CB7996015E0AC/

Finished the night with a solid solo win, thanks to a silenced Kar98 with a 4x.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849345845409102765/39B1A6B1E5CE4DF7EDFA09E427E4BA4124B6219B/
View Quote
Wish you were around during normal human hours.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone up for squad games tonight?im going to be on In roughly 3 hours if I'm not fishing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with me..UMP and AK for me as well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#43]
First person is best person.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Had an amazing squad win with the 249...I got to hip fire it for the last kill and on the chicken dinner screen it went ahead and dumped the entire magazine. Pretty epic.

Then I had a disappointing squad loss (we got 2nd) where 1 guy killed all 3 of my squad mates to win (I was already dead, so my fault). Really thought we would win that 1 on 3 but we didn't spread out and divert attention.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Damn you chicken dinner. Damn you to hell.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/pAH90g3.jpg

Damn you chicken dinner. Damn you to hell.

http://i.imgur.com/Rg7enYv.gif
View Quote
Start carrying your weight and you may win. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Stealth has worked. And let me down.

Time to take a different path.

I'm going in.

Over.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#48]
FPP is so much better than TPP.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Without a doubt I had the hardest laugh ever with last night's game.

So here I was playing duo with a buddy.  We already had looted a couple of towns and found a side car motorcycle to cruise around in.  

Came up on this town near one of the main bridges and then out of no where this lone guy in a jeep crosses the bridge heading to the military base.  I asked my buddy if he wanted to chase him down and he was down.  He got on the side car, I drove.  He had an AK with only 60 rounds so we had to limit our ammo usage. Well we finally track him down he's still cruising around.  I get behind him at his 8 o'clock.  My buddy starts laying some hate on him on full auto.  Guy in the jeep instantly changes direction and boosts thinking he's getting shot from a stationary position.  Little does he know we are like a BF-109 on his ass.  He finally notices us and tries to swerve and boost as much as he can.  It was only a matter of time now.  I get closer and my buddy lays another mag in the jeep; he goes dry on ammo and the jeep catches fire.  What does the driver do? Loses control and swerves into a barracade, instantly exploding just as we drove by 5 feet away from him.  Best part about it was the guy's username was: GoFastEatAss.  

Lmao.  We laughed hysterically for 5 minutes straight after that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Without a doubt I had the hardest laugh ever with last night's game.

So here I was playing duo with a buddy.  We already had looted a couple of towns and found a side car motorcycle to cruise around in.  

Came up on this town near one of the main bridges and then out of no where this lone guy in a jeep crosses the bridge heading to the military base.  I asked my buddy if he wanted to chase him down and he was down.  He got on the side car, I drove.  He had an AK with only 60 rounds so we had to limit our ammo usage. Well we finally track him down he's still cruising around.  I get behind him at his 8 o'clock.  My buddy starts laying some hate on him on full auto.  Guy in the jeep instantly changes direction and boosts thinking he's getting shot from a stationary position.  Little does he know we are like a BF-109 on his ass.  I get closer and my buddy lays another mag in the jeep; he goes dry on ammo and the jeep catches fire.  What does the driver do? Loses control and swerves into a barracade, instantly exploding just as we drove by 5 feet away from him.  Best part about it was the guy's username was: GoFastEatAss.  

Lmao.  We laughed hysterically for 5 minutes straight after that.
View Quote
Lol that's awesome too bad you didn't record it.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top