Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my 1st chicken dinner this afternoon.  Last few mins were intense. 
View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got my 1st chicken dinner this afternoon.  Last few mins were intense. 
View Quote
sweet dude! it always gets so intense at the end. I've won a handful of games now, and every time it takes me a minute or two to collect myself after a win.

that chicken is addictive!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Skip to 1:43:00 for my final run. Kept clear and got lucky on the circles. 

PlayerUnknown's Battleground - Console Noob Chicken Dinner
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally bought a PC, friend sold it to me for $300. Specs I know

Specs are

i7 5th gen, 8gb RAM, 500 gb hard drive, Windows 10, motherboard is a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 ms-7917

Pretty sweet deal I think and once it gets a GPU I should be good.

So while it runs it has no GPU and me being new to this I know nothing of what I want. I want to play PUB mainly, and don't need to run anything extremely high. I want a high FPS and am willing to sacrifice quality for that to stick to a lower cost GPU. Will a 1050TI run this? Should I go to 1060?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So while it runs it has no GPU and me being new to this I know nothing of what I want. I want to play PUB mainly, and don't need to run anything extremely high. I want a high FPS and am willing to sacrifice quality for that to stick to a lower cost GPU. Will a 1050TI run this? Should I go to 1060?
View Quote
I would suggest at least a 1060 if you are going to be playing at 1080p though you aren't going to have much fun trying to find one at a normal price.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Specs are

i7 5th gen, 8gb RAM, 500 gb hard drive, Windows 10, motherboard is a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 ms-7917

View Quote
I regularly play with a guy that has a 1050ti and runs the game on low in the 40s, so it's playable but like lord said you'll want a 1060. The game will run much better when they start optimizing it but for now it'll run like crap on a 1050ti.

The main issue is that right now there is a huge crypto currency mining craze and these ass clowns are driving the prices up on GPUs on a massive scale. The expensive shit is generally not preferred for mining so most of the low/mid tier cards are up to a ridiculous amount. I'd pay attention to https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ and look for anything with the GPU tag on it. Keep in mind that right now most of the titles will look weird because people are trying to keep the fuck boy miners from finding GPUs via stock scanners. So something tagged GTX10(3*2)0 would be a GTX1060, GTX10(6+1)-
would be a 1070, etc etc. Might be worthwhile to check facebook marketplace and craigslist. Every once in a while you can find one brand new in the wrapper but there are slim pickings right now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Third time playing and I made it to the last 12 lol.  Fucking addicting so far.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I regularly play with a guy that has a 1050ti and runs the game on low in the 40s, so it's playable but like lord said you'll want a 1060. The game will run much better when they start optimizing it but for now it'll run like crap on a 1050ti.

The main issue is that right now there is a huge crypto currency mining craze and these ass clowns are driving the prices up on GPUs on a massive scale. The expensive shit is generally not preferred for mining so most of the low/mid tier cards are up to a ridiculous amount. I'd pay attention to https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ and look for anything with the GPU tag on it. Keep in mind that right now most of the titles will look weird because people are trying to keep the fuck boy miners from finding GPUs via stock scanners. So something tagged GTX10(3*2)0 would be a GTX1060, GTX10(6+1)-
would be a 1070, etc etc. Might be worthwhile to check facebook marketplace and craigslist. Every once in a while you can find one brand new in the wrapper but there are slim pickings right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specs are

Thanks I'll keep an eye out. I was kind of wondering. I couldn't find really any 1060s, what should the price on them be?

Also it seems 1080s are cheaper than 1070s, that doesn't seem right but again I know nothing about GPUs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would suggest at least a 1060 if you are going to be playing at 1080p though you aren't going to have much fun trying to find one at a normal price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a normal price for a 1060?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#10]
i think this is the game everyone was hoping DayZ would turn into...eventually. Not sure about the user base now, but DayZ seemed to have a large user base at the start, but the slow development has probably lost users, especially when competition like PUBG and H1Z1 come out
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought the previous  dayz mod and the new dayz but besides one night with fellow arfcommers had no fun with it.

I think I need this game ASAP.

I'm running an AMD6300 16gigs of ddr3 and an old video card like a 650gt or 760gt or something like that.

Will I be fine?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What's a normal price for a 1060?
View Quote
~$200-$250 for a 1060 6Gb
~$160-$180 for a 1060 3Gb

If you can find a 6Gb under $270 or a 3Gb under $200, I would go for it.

Edit- Your other option, if you aren't opposed to AMD GPUs, is a 580 for the 6Gb prices, or a 570/480 for 3Gb prices.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks I'll keep an eye out. I was kind of wondering. I couldn't find really any 1060s, what should the price on them be?

Also it seems 1080s are cheaper than 1070s, that doesn't seem right but again I know nothing about GPUs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It isn't right. Cryptocurrency mining is at fault. Basically these dudes mine currencies like bitcoin, ethereum(sp?), etc which is very gpu heavy. Most like to use the AMD 4 and 5 series cards because they're well suited to the task. They've bought all of them up for the most part so they started buying the 1060s. Those are hard to find now so most are moving onto buying up all the 1070s. Since people are buying up all the 1070s the price goes up. The reason they don't just jump straight into buying the 1080 cards is because you usually want to use the most power efficient card you can possibly find which isn't the 1070 or the 1080 but the 1070 is all that is in stock for the most part now and most don't want to blow the extra power consumption on the 1080 (yet).

Quoted:
I bought the previous  dayz mod and the new dayz but besides one night with fellow arfcommers had no fun with it.

I think I need this game ASAP.

I'm running an AMD6300 16gigs of ddr3 and an old video card like a 650gt or 760gt or something like that.

Will I be fine?
You might be ok. It's on steam so you could just buy it and try running it. You have 2 hours of play time to get an automatic refund if you want. I did have a friend playing it on a 730 on very low settings with a frame rate of about 20.... so you should be able to run it but just barely. A 1050ti is a better bet if you can swing one for $110 on sale. Otherwise I'd just start saving pennies and wait for the cyrpocurrency bubble to pop again which will drive gpu prices back down. Whenever the bubble pops you'll see tons of GPUs on the secondhand market for dirt cheap.

Quoted:

~$200-$250 for a 1060 6Gb
~$160-$180 for a 1060 3Gb

If you can find a 6Gb under $270 or a 3Gb under $200, I would go for it.

Edit- Your other option, if you aren't opposed to AMD GPUs, is a 580 for the 6Gb prices, or a 570/480 for 3Gb prices.
I don't know if you've tried finding 5xx cards but they're completely nonexistent or at a $100+ markup over msrp at most places. If he wants one he may be able to find one sitting in a small town bestbuy but probably not.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Would still like to get in a duo or squad of guys from here.  Think it would be more fun.  I did a duo yesterday and was able to get down to me and one other person.  Sadly I went for my sights instead of just firing freehand.  We were only about 30' apart.  /sigh  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Would still like to get in a duo or squad of guys from here.  Think it would be more fun.  I did a duo yesterday and was able to get down to me and one other person.  Sadly I went for my sights instead of just firing freehand.  We were only about 30' apart.  /sigh  
View Quote
When you say free hand... Are you playing in first person or third? If third, hold rmb instead of clicking and your aim is improved without having to zoom further.

That being said, I also had two or three top five finishes last night in duo. Should have won at least one but we dropped the ball a few times. I may have had a bit too much rum in my coke to focus well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When you say free hand... Are you playing in first person or third? If third, hold rmb instead of clicking and your aim is improved without having to zoom further.

That being said, I also had two or three top five finishes last night in duo. Should have won at least one but we dropped the ball a few times. I may have had a bit too much rum in my coke to focus well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not using the scope.  just using the onscreen cursors.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I was playing a LOT of Arma Exile for the last few months but picked this up last week.

SUPER ADDICTING!

I just got my first SOLO CHICKEN DINNER!!!!!!!!!

Jumped all by myself at the end @ Power Plant, got loaded up with Level 3 everything, K98 w/ 8x, AKM w/ Red Dot & EQ Mag and a SHIT LOAD of ammo.

Played the circles perfectly and waited until the end to strike. Damn this game is amazing!

Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#18]
If anyone wants to add me on Steam.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Think there is any chance this will be in the Steam summer sale?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
They said it won't be. For what it's worth it's a steal at $30. If you go to green man gaming (I think that's the name) they'll have promo codes that will bring the price down to $22 or so.

Side note, glock 18 is in the game now and they added the groza. Red dots can go on pistols now and the game definitely feels smoother. New update is pretty decent, pretty cool to see where the weather will be going.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Played yesterday on the PTR - the sunset map is beautiful. Good optimization and loot while moving. It keeps getting better!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Game runs smoother for me with every patch they release.

Btw here is my steam profile if anyone want to team up sometime:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977173358/
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
just added you.  

Got my 1st Squad Chicken Dinner tonight.

PlayerUnknown's Battleground - Squad Chicken Dinner
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
just added you.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just added you.  

GG's now we just need two more to make a full squad.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

GG's now we just need two more to make a full squad.
View Quote
Just added you too, if you guys jump on shoot me an invite
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I may join ask later to join a squad guys if that's ok. Still need a headset and to pick up the mechanics of the game more.

The 1050 is doing fine if you keep most settings low. View distance at ultra.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Add me:

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone having mouse lag issues? Sometimes I click and nothing happens or it takes .25 to .5 seconds for the shot to go through.

Could be my very cheap mouse, could be my connection(25 download, 6 upload) or could be the game. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I saw this at wal-mart and was tempted to put it on...

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I saw this at wal-mart and was temped to put it on...

https://s4.postimg.org/3s6gsaisd/IMG_20170630_190026.jpg
View Quote
should have brought over a cast iron pan to compliment the look.  lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone having mouse lag issues? Sometimes I click and nothing happens or it takes .25 to .5 seconds for the shot to go through.

Could be my very cheap mouse, could be my connection(25 download, 6 upload) or could be the game. Any suggestions?
View Quote
Well, if it were your mouse it should be happening in other games/applications. Could be a network lag issue but if that were the case it should still be showing the shot registering on screen. Have you tried a different mouse? Different port for the mouse maybe?

Try different ports, different mouse, update the drivers. If you have any funky mouse software (corsair cue, razer synapse, etc), get rid of it.  If none of that works it's likely an issue with the game.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Played a ton of duos and squads, finally had some alone time to run solos the other day, got me a chicken dinner on my 3rd ever solo attempt! This game is so awesome. We won 4 squad games in a row last night too, it was an excellent outing. Callouts were on point with my squad.

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I saw this at wal-mart and was tempted to put it on...

https://s4.postimg.org/3s6gsaisd/IMG_20170630_190026.jpg
View Quote
That's AWESOME

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Worst way to get #2 I hate those finishes!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Alright guys let's trouble shoot again.

No match I join runs for me. I get "network lag detected", frame rate drops to 1 or 2 FPS.

Download and upload is 60 and 6, 3 days ago everything was completely fine and I was playing match after match at a steady 60FPS. Yesterday everything started bogging down, same for today.

Netflix streams perfectly in HD.

i5 4690(was told this was an i7 5th gen by my friend who sold it to me, will be talking about this. )
8 gigs ram
1050ti
500 gig HDD
Windows 10
MSI motherboard

Why would it suddenly drop two days ago?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No match I join runs for me. I get "network lag detected", frame rate drops to 1 or 2 FPS.

Download and upload is 60 and 6, 3 days ago everything was completely fine and I was playing match after match at a steady 60FPS. Yesterday everything started bogging down, same for today.

i5 4690(was told this was an i7 5th gen by my friend who sold it to me, will be talking about this. )
8 gigs ram
1050ti
500 gig HDD
Windows 10
MSI motherboard

View Quote
Are you running wired or wireless connection? What type of internet do you have (speeds don't matter, is this cable, dsl, etc?)

go to speedtest.net and run a speed test to make sure your ping isn't completely fucked to your local hub
Upload and download speeds don't matter as much for gaming as the ping does. 35ms is what I'm at now even though my upload is meh. At my last place I had 20mbps up with 5mpbs and still had a 50ms ping, so once again, ping is king up/down aren't as important until you get into the really slow speeds.

Next run the pubg server ping test here: https://pubg.disquse.ru/. Not sure if it's 100% accurate but it'll give you an idea (my ping is 74ms to east coast but 450ms to oregon even though I'm in AZ for example). My pings for reference below:

If you're running over a wireless connection try resetting your computer's wifi card/adapter as well as your router. If possibly try running on a wired connection. If wired fixes the issue you know there is something up with your wifi. Once again, your wireless could be perfectly fine for up/down speeds but could have an absolutely terrible ping which would cause the network lag issue.

Lastly, in steam right click on the game and go to "verify game files". Probably won't fix it but that's the first thing you should do when you have issues with a game in steam, clears most things right up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are you running wired or wireless connection? What type of internet do you have (speeds don't matter, is this cable, dsl, etc?)

go to speedtest.net and run a speed test to make sure your ping isn't completely fucked to your local hub
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6434356469.png.
Upload and download speeds don't matter as much for gaming as the ping does. 35ms is what I'm at now even though my upload is meh. At my last place I had 20mbps up with 5mpbs and still had a 50ms ping, so once again, ping is king up/down aren't as important until you get into the really slow speeds.

Next run the pubg server ping test here: https://pubg.disquse.ru/. Not sure if it's 100% accurate but it'll give you an idea (my ping is 74ms to east coast but 450ms to oregon even though I'm in AZ for example). My pings for reference below:
https://image.ibb.co/j1q29a/ping.png

If you're running over a wireless connection try resetting your computer's wifi card/adapter as well as your router. If possibly try running on a wired connection. If wired fixes the issue you know there is something up with your wifi. Once again, your wireless could be perfectly fine for up/down speeds but could have an absolutely terrible ping which would cause the network lag issue.

Lastly, in steam right click on the game and go to "verify game files". Probably won't fix it but that's the first thing you should do when you have issues with a game in steam, clears most things right up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

8 gigs ram
1050ti
500 gig HDD
Windows 10
MSI motherboard

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6434356469.png.

https://image.ibb.co/j1q29a/ping.png

Cable internet, wired connection. I'll go test ping soon, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I've played 64 solo so far. 11 top 10's (would be more if I didn't crash so much)
I've not gotten any chicken dinners solo, just one squad win.

The game can get very frustrating based on camping and luck. play for 30 minutes only to get blow away by someone, or headshot 900m away. lol.

https://pubg.me/player/Unoid
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#39]
My ping is in high 80s and low 110s for NA servers.

ETA my brother who lives a mile down with same internet provider is not having these issues.

My neighbor one door down plays it. Same connection and he doesn't have this issue.

I just tried reinstalling the game.

Didn't even make it past load screen to the hobby.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ETA my brother who lives a mile down with same internet provider is not having these issues.

My neighbor one door down plays it. Same connection and he doesn't have this issue.

View Quote
Did you just put the computer together? Any recent upgrades? All drivers up to date?

Since you have an MSI motherboard you can use MSI Live Update to check for most major drivers. Go to device manager>display adapters>gtx1050ti>properties>driver details and it'll show the date of the last driver, although that shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Did you just put the computer together? Any recent upgrades? All drivers up to date?

Since you have an MSI motherboard you can use MSI Live Update to check for most major drivers. Go to device manager>display adapters>gtx1050ti>properties>driver details and it'll show the date of the last driver, although that shouldn't be an issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I uninstalled and reinstalled PUB. when I went to open it there was an app they said I needed to install along with it. Something like net 3.0. I did that and after restarting the computer I've had two perfectly operating matches.

The computer I bought already put together minus the GPU which.

I'll keep testing things out to see how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I cant get it to install on my daughters computer. I hear you need to update win 7 to all the latest optional updates and I cant get those to work to save my life. Both our PC's are on the same CD key, that may be the issue. I need to figure out how to back up her current games and reinstall windows with another key I guess.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I uninstalled and reinstalled PUB. when I went to open it there was an app they said I needed to install along with it. Something like net 3.0. I did that and after restarting the computer I've had two perfectly operating matches.

The computer I bought already put together minus the GPU which.

I'll keep testing things out to see how it goes.
View Quote
If I understood earlier you bought it off a friend right? Glad you got it working... but did he have an AMD card in it before by chance?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I cant get it to install on my daughters computer. I hear you need to update win 7 to all the latest optional updates and I cant get those to work to save my life. Both our PC's are on the same CD key, that may be the issue. I need to figure out how to back up her current games and reinstall windows with another key I guess.
View Quote
Can't use a single key for two machines generally speaking. I can't remember my way around windows 7 unless I have a 7 machine in front me (which I don't), but if you can get to the windows activation screen you should be able to just punch in a new key if you get one without having to go through the whole re-installing windows business. That said I know windows 10 gets a lot of hate but if you can't get windows 7 updated I'd at least keep both those machines off the internet until you do because ransomware is pretty rampant and it pretty much exclusively targets ***DRUUUUMMMROOOLLLLL* windows xp/7 machines not current on updates.

Not going to go on the windows 10 hard sell but there have been a lot of changes since it was first released and I'd say most of the negativity stems from the initial release. Mostly all issues people have were alleviated. Granted, most issues were due to privacy/telemetry/forced updates and there are toggles now to turn all of that shit off.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:21:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Picked this one up a couple days ago! Great buy, wish they'd fix the shitty server lag. But then again, the game is still in development, so more is yet to come! I'm loving it! Great concept, great gameplay!

Today, I started off without a gun so I chased down a guy who had a gun, beat his ass down bc I'm savage af, and then found out he had TWO guns
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:01:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
they can't do steam sale for early access games for what I understand
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Is it just me or is the AK on the load screen HUGE?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:43:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Just got this running last night on the new laptop. Havnt killed a damn thing yet 
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#49]
My username there is roxainne_six
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#50]
yes the AK is huge. imagine the trash can you would need to put that thing in.

Thanks for the info, I hung on to XP as long as I could. only finally went to 7 about 2 years ago. I have 8 on a tablet and fucking hate it with a passion and thats even WITH a touch screen. I tried to do the accessibility scam to update hers to 10 free when the updates failed but it just lags at 99% which I hear is common for that update but I let it fun for over 24hours and it never went anywhere. wonder if thats key related as well.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top