Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Posted: 3/28/2017 9:11:28 PM EDT
Anyone else playing this? It's early access but PU has a good pedigree. So far it's great stuff, just can't wait for their first optimization run to come out on the 14th
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone else playing this? It's early access but PU has a good pedigree. So far it's great stuff, just can't wait for their first optimization run to come out on the 14th
View Quote

I was going to pick it up if the optimization issues are fixed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked it up. Have only played solo though I see the appeal of playing with friends. Can't play more than a couple games without getting frustrated though. On that giant map I always tend to find the fucker camping in the bathroom with a shotgun
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I have it and have played a few solo rounds.  I'm liking it so far as a distraction from Arma 3 Exile.  It looks like the Devs are going to keep updating and finish the game, so it can only go up from here.  I already consider it worth the $30 price tag.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It was way too buggy, I returned it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks pretty fun.

Especially duo's / squads. 
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the game, played 56 hours so far, all in either duo or squad.  

I have 557 hours on H1Z1 BR, and aside from optimization issues this game is just plain better.  They haven't added any new content to H1Z1 in like 2 years because they have no other competition.  Hopefully now that there are two good BR games on the market both companies will have to step up their game.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I've already gotten my monies worth out of it.

The patch notes have attainable growth points with dates the development team expects to hit those goals. If you are considering buying the game but are unsure because it is early access and these style games usually stop being developed just wait a couple months and see if the dev team is hitting the goals that are being set. This is the first king of the kill style game I have purchased, and I am glad I purchased it instead of any of the others.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Played a few games last night. It is like a way better version of Dayz with no zombies and a more active play style. I think the only glitches I have experienced are related to my computer being under-powered.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Played a few games last night. It is like a way better version of Dayz with no zombies and a more active play style. I think the only glitches I have experienced are related to my computer being under-powered.
View Quote
Hopefully there is some optimization updates coming, right now it's pretty bad. The devs said there would be some in april.  Even with a 6700k/1080 I've had to turn some settings down to keep frames from sometimes dipping under 60.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hopefully there is some optimization updates coming, right now it's pretty bad. The devs said there would be some in april.  Even with a 6700k/1080 I've had to turn some settings down to keep frames from sometimes dipping under 60.
View Quote
Oh I have almost everything on low and I get random spikes of bad performance. Most of them seem related to the vehicles or airstrikes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Game is fun as fuck. Sitting at work on my laptop playing it. Anybody going to be on today? Switch it up from solo for a while
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit I actually won a game. AK with extended mag and UMP9 with eotech and extended mag. Didn't expect to win for a while
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard someone talking about this.  Maybe it was the CAGcast.  Sounds like an awesome idea.  I don't have a PC to play it on.  I bet it'll go to consoles eventually.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Friends and I have been having a great time with this game, what a rush! I only have 1 solo and 1 squad win so far but the adrenaline dumps in this game are great!

First win left my hands shaking for more than a few minutes
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Just bought it, downloading right now. I'm usually not a fan of games like this and running solo, I'll give it a shot but if anybody wants to squad up I'd be down.

Steam ID: PancakeOfDoom

edit: uhhh, ya, just played my first match, spectating it right now. Definitely need to squad up with people I know.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I am going to buy this tonight. IM me if anyone wants to squad up. Getting on a Teamspeak together would be great as well. 
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:18:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Just played a couple more matches, holy hell. This won't be my daily go-to since the matches can get pretty long if you're doing good, but damn it's fun. For anybody on the fence I think it's worth a shot. The gunfights almost remind me of the original ghost recon in a sense. Later in the game when everybody is rolling around in heavier armor people do get more spongy, but early game the firefights are pretty intense. No bullet penetration through walls (or water, bugged I guess), but you do have to account for drop and lead the target. I'm a huge fan of squads so far.

Had a game right now where we made it to an air drop. Two squadmates go to loot it and one gets tagged in the head from behind, the other got downed. Another teammate was on the ridge right next to the enemy squad and they happened to not notice them. I was below them and they hadn't seen me behind the wall at the base of the hill. He lights up two of three of them and drops them, I get the 4th from the side and he crawls off to bleed out. I run over to revive one of the squad members that went down near the airdrop, the guy next to him was DOA. I loot the drop and find an AWM rifle, 300mag ammo, and an 8x scope but I start taking fire and run off without the scope. Make it up to the ridge with the 2 surviving teammates and get some cover fire while one drops a medkit for me. I only get up to 50% health and have a rifle with no scope but the enemy is taking pot shots at sniper rifle distance. Medic bro runs down while we lay down covering fire, grabs the scope and makes it back without a scratch. I get the rifle all set up and ruin some days at about 300m.

It's late game now and we're all sprinting towards the final circle. I fall behind because I was taking too long checking for other players on our six. I see a pair of enemies pop up from behind a rock we just ran past and they start firing on my 2 team mates. I get both of them down but traded too many rounds with one of them. The force field went past me before my teammates could get me revived. We ended up losing to an asshat with an sks that snuck up on the last 2 from my squad but shit, it was a rush. Well worth the $30. There are still plenty of bugs and some minor gameplay issues, but overall it's entirely playable as it is. I don't know if the game will get old yet, but out of the the matches I've played so far there hasn't been 2 that were alike.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#18]
so there is squad play? I thought it was just solos or duals.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
so there is squad play? I thought it was just solos or duals.
View Quote
Solo, duos, and squads of 4.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Did they fix the issue where trees, bushes, and rocks could be removed clientside by editing an .ini file?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did they fix the issue where trees, bushes, and rocks could be removed clientside by editing an .ini file?
View Quote
I remember seeing something about that, I believe they did.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:21:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I wanted to play but my old computer kept locking up with it.  I bought some fancy parts to build a new system, so I'm excited to get on this soon.

Too bad I don't have any friends to play with.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:43:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wanted to play but my old computer kept locking up with it.  I bought some fancy parts to build a new system, so I'm excited to get on this soon.

Too bad I don't have any friends to play with.
View Quote
Steam: PancakeOfDoom

I'll be your friend, unless you like giving away positions by running into an open field. Then no.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Steam: PancakeOfDoom

I'll be your friend, unless you like giving away positions by running into an open field. Then no.
View Quote
Finally got my computer built.  Trying to play a few games.  Run right into an open field.  

Steam: edcurtis  If anyone wants to add me.  I'll be downloading Rocket League too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Finally got my computer built.  Trying to play a few games.  Run right into an open field.  

Steam: edcurtis  If anyone wants to add me.  I'll be downloading Rocket League too.
View Quote
I sent an invite to the batman profile pic one... there are two
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:40:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I sent an invite to the batman profile pic one... there are two
View Quote
Hah, didn't know you could have the same name on steam as someone else.  I have the lil batman dude avatar.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:47:35 AM EDT
[#28]
It's a real love hate relationship with this piece of shit game I love the game, but just need to accept that there will be annoying and/or infuriating bugs galore.

Seems like the patch today in addition to the new items, also added a bug where a flashbang can cause the game to critical error.  Got to the end of a game ending in the middle of Georgiapol city, mowed down 3 teams with the SAW in cqb, had myself, my partner and one enemy left in a <25yd circle.  Guy throws a flashbang and both my partner and I's game crash simultaneously  We were able to recreate it a few more times after that while screwing around.

Also the motorcycle is a deathtrap, you can be riding straight through a field on completely level ground and have it all of the sudden flip end over end and kill your whole team.  Like a 50% chance of that happening in my experience
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:28:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Trying to get a chicken dinner with as few as possible engagements.

Sooooooo close.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:35:56 AM EDT
[#30]
And then you only died by being outside the playzone!  Ouch! :)  Nice try.

Pretty much every time I've tried to play so far, I end up like 5000 miles from the first circle right after landing and can never find a car or make it on foot.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#31]
This game is very frustrating, but I keep trying.

Hate it when you die outside of the zone, b/c there are no cars in the area.

I need a way better PC to play this.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This game is very frustrating, but I keep trying.

Hate it when you die outside of the zone, b/c there are no cars in the area.

I need a way better PC to play this.
View Quote
Yep, I feel your pain..lol.   I built a computer that handles it no problem, i7-7700k and GTX1080 with all settings on Ultra.  Too bad I can't buy skill

Let's get a ARFCOM newb squad together.  What do you guys use for chatting during the game?  TeamSpeak?  Discord?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep, I feel your pain..lol.   I built a computer that handles it no problem, i7-7700k and GTX1080 with all settings on Ultra.  Too bad I can't buy skill

Let's get a ARFCOM newb squad together.  What do you guys use for chatting during the game?  TeamSpeak?  Discord?
View Quote
I generally prefer discord but if i'm just playing duos i'll use steam voice chat if i'm feeling lazy
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck. Me.

I finally start doing good.  I'm loaded up... Scar, full of ammo and health and armor!  Finally find a UAZ and going to a great spot.  I jump out too soon and get run over by the truck.

Done.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got this today, I'm pretry bad lol. Steam name is vbk180 if anyone wants to play sometime.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fuck. Me.

I finally start doing good.  I'm loaded up... Scar, full of ammo and health and armor!  Finally find a UAZ and going to a great spot.  I jump out too soon and get run over by the truck.

Done.
View Quote
I guess they made that an insta death to keep people from rolling up super fast and just bailing in place for an easy kill (*cough* h1z1)

I do like how vehicles are a gamble/certain death depending on how late game it is.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Optimization patch seems to have cleared up a lot of the major issues, and the dev team seems really committed to making quick fixes where they can.

I'm running a i5 3570k and was having tons of lag issues, but upgraded my gpu from a Radeon that was mid range 4 years ago to a GtX1070 and now it's very smooth, consistent 70-100fps. Also added more ram to get up to 16gb and I haven't had any issues since.

I highly recommend the game, esp for being a alpha release. My friends and I are all having a blast playing every game mode available, even though we're pretty bad.

Anyone have good tips for gunplay? I find n one game I'll hit some with 4 shots in a row at 200M+ and quickly down someone, the next game I can't hit a thing from the same range, or I'll hit them 6 times and they don't drop.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I just bought this last night.  I've only played solo so far, but even then it's a ton of fun.

Last match the play area was collapsing almost perfectly centered on me.  Hunkered down under a staircase and got taken out while scrounging ammo from one of my kills.

Would love to try duo tonight or get a squad going.  2alpha-down0 on Steam.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just bought this last night.  I've only played solo so far, but even then it's a ton of fun.

Last match the play area was collapsing almost perfectly centered on me.  Hunkered down under a staircase and got taken out while scrounging ammo from one of my kills.

Would love to try duo tonight or get a squad going.  2alpha-down0 on Steam.
View Quote
I sent you and VBK friend invites.

I'll play tonight if you guys want a partner.  I'll try my best to not be a problem.. lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Optimization patch seems to have cleared up a lot of the major issues, and the dev team seems really committed to making quick fixes where they can.

I'm running a i5 3570k and was having tons of lag issues, but upgraded my gpu from a Radeon that was mid range 4 years ago to a GtX1070 and now it's very smooth, consistent 70-100fps. Also added more ram to get up to 16gb and I haven't had any issues since.

I highly recommend the game, esp for being a alpha release. My friends and I are all having a blast playing every game mode available, even though we're pretty bad.

Anyone have good tips for gunplay? I find n one game I'll hit some with 4 shots in a row at 200M+ and quickly down someone, the next game I can't hit a thing from the same range, or I'll hit them 6 times and they don't drop.
View Quote
Ya, only take the shot if you're confident you can down them before they get to cover. Keep in mind that usually the later in the game you are the longer people will take to drop due to body armor and helmets. Even in early game though people can be very hard targets if they're coming out of an area with good drops. If you drop near the military base for example and you see people coming out of there you can count on them having level 2 armor/helmets and usually at least 1 rifle with a 4x or 8x. Safest bet is to wait for them to stop moving and try to get a headshot. Keep in mind too that you can change the zero distance on scopes with Page Up/Page Down. Also, not sure if you've noticed but something that came out in the meta recently is that frying pans will stop rounds even when they're unequipped and just hanging on the back of the enemy. So basically armor will explain why some drop faster than others and if they're too far away to get reliable shots it's probably better to not engage at all.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:04:43 AM EDT
[#41]
After a couple rough starts GilenusX207 and I got some fights in..win some, lose some.  It's fun

ARF Squad up!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:56:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
After a couple rough starts GilenusX207 and I got some fights in..win some, lose some.  It's fun

ARF Squad up!
View Quote
I have everybody in this thread added now. I can be on anytime on Friday, we need to get a squad going.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Any release day for Xbox one? And how does early access work?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Any release day for Xbox one? And how does early access work?
View Quote
The devs have said many times through several sources that they will not be released on console until the PC version is out and they're happy with it. We're probably still a few months away from a stable release on PC. They haven't even hinted at an actual timeframe for console though. Purely conjecture on my part but I highly doubt it would be out in 2017. I'm sure they would start the early access release before then, but not a final release until next year if the PC progress is anything to go by (Not that the progress is bad). Early access would be done through the xbox insider program (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-program)
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn. I certainly don't think my wife's PC is strong enough to run it.

Guess I'll keep waiting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Squad night?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Squad night?
View Quote
I wish.  Still at work and have to be back by 0630.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I remember seeing something about that, I believe they did.
View Quote
I think the hackers found a work-around. My squad got killed off by some people who were bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think the hackers found a work-around. My squad got killed off by some people who were bullshit.
View Quote
There are still some exploits, it wasn't going to be the foliage thing though. While I'm certainly not happy about any hacking in teh first place it IS early access and they've been extremely on top of bugs so far. I doubt hacking will be an issue in the final game. It's not exactly wide spread as is.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:09:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Top five in Solo and Duo. Consistanly.

Who's gotten chicken, and how did you survive the last three?

I'm hungry for some yard bird.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top