Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2017 6:21:15 PM EDT
So as I may have mentioned in some threads back in Nov/Dec 2016....I smashed my head got a concussion and purchased 2 additional Asus Rog Swifts and bracket to mount them to my Obutto R3volution cockpit / desk.....and quickly realized that my old Titan Signature was NOT going to run them....

So here I have been sitting with 2 screens doing nothing other than acting like a privacy screen LOL (yes I tried hubs etc to no avail)

Well today was the day gents....the count down timer ticked...the website went down....and then....PRE-ORDER AVALIABLE!!!!

In a pain induced and medication induced mad rush (recovering from ACDF C6 -C7 surgery) I flipped it to 2 and POUNDED the PRE-ORDER button....10 min later I finally got into my cart and completed the purchase on.... TWO 1080TI FTW3 cards!!!!!

First time since the 280 GTX that I have not been running on either used or hand me down cards from good friends!

I am soooooo fucking pumped!  

And it should be JUST enough juice to run those screens at 60 FPS (3 screens at 2560 x 1440 was more of a bite to chew off than I had thought at the time oops lol)

No one to tell.....sooo saying it here!

*does the happy dance of gamer geekdom*
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
how much? are you happy like I was when I ordered 3 black pearls upon their release? 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Bit much.... but WAY less than the Titan's I was looking hard at to make this run AND faster by a good bit (vid memory needed with multi screens)

Pre-order discount and free shipping as well.  $749 each out the door.  

Should last me a few cycles without any issues at all.  (maybe longer since once they eventually stop holding their own can drop res or drop to a single screen for gaming and still run like crazy.)

Could have gone founders and water blocked, but going to stick with air since I'm pinched kinda hard atm.  

Think I jumped in on a sweet spot for once!

EDIT:  And yes I am super happy...don't ship till May 1st though.  Upshot is won't hit the CC till May hehe.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats! I just ordered a new Titan Xp! Should be here on Monday.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. I snagged another 1080 FE when they dropped the price, but they're both running a single 4k 60hz monitor.  Here's hoping your wife doesn't get TOO angry. What do you play?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]
is OP still married?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is OP still marriedALIVE?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I call "Jatobi-dibs" on OP's guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Update....barely.

Rest of the medical bills slammed home and taxes....dawn broke on a marble head and I backed off.

Pre-orders canceled :(

There is always Volta next year!

(as long as I don't fall apart further lol)

Screens stay dark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top