Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2017 8:34:35 PM EDT
How is everyone enjoying it?  Main story wise I' just finished the proving. Its such a beautiful game and I like the combat with the weak points and stalking up especially to control them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm actually considering getting it. Worth $60?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
20~ hours into it and have about half the map  unveiled. Its massive. A lot to do.

Absolutely beautiful game. I'm running it on a PS4 pro.  Graphics rival any current PC game out right now.

I love how the side quests are Witcher 3 like. Meaning they have their own story. I wish other   developers would take note of this.

The photo mode is a lot a fun. You can take some amazing pictures with it and edit them any way you like.

I wasn't expecting a lot from this game, as it's the developer's first open world game and I'm. It really a fan of their work.  But they have really impressed me with this title.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't played many games this past year but this is fantastic.  Definitely worth $60 if you have the time to put into it.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah Another PS4 pro user here. I haven't put in 20 hours yet but for potions and traps and such I wish they went with an inventory wheel instead of how you scroll through things using the D-pad. I can see where it makes things more accessible and you basicly have 2 things things useable  at once but for me it feels a little less than intuitive. Anyone favor something other than the bow? Or is true to marketing and stuff the bow is the end all
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
You can by higher quality bows and they can be modded. So far I have found two types, the hunter bows and the shadow bows. Each has certain uses for certain situations. Then you have slings, trapwire weapon which is very handy and then the rope/cable tie down weapon which I don't have yet. Not sure about any other weapons.

But yes, bow is going to be your main weapon and spear for melee and stealth attacks.

I took down my first Thunderjaw last night. That was a very fun fight. That damn thing can really move for its size. I had to tear off it's dics launcher and use it against it to be efficient in killing it. Almost had me not want to do that. The more weapon points you blow off it the more dangous it becomes lol
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#6]
BTW, when you do your first cauldron, it's recommended that you do a manual save first before you enter. If you get to the end and can't clear it, you're stuck in there. No way out unless you complete it.

I've completed two so far and  have not had any issues clearing them yet. Complete them gives you the ability to override certain machines. I can't wait until I find the one that lets me override a Thunderjaw lol
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I just barely finished the proving and made it out of the starting village. So far it's amazing, by far one of the best games I've played since the witcher. The design is amazing, gameplay is solid and deep, sound is engaging, and the graphics even on the regular PS4 are actually pretty impressive. I don't know about the ps4 pro, but for any pc guys keep in mind that they did appear to sacrifice the frame rate for higher quality textures/lighting. Most of the time I don't notice but in a couple fights I could really tell the frame rate dipped, not as bad as FFXV but still noticeable fyi.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy god!  I accidentally found a fucking stormbird!  Way up north middle of map. Its basically a boss fight. I
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Killed it. Took nearly everything I had. Thank god i was stocked up on meds and crafting mats. I died once and it reloaded me right at the start of the fight. Can't back out of the fight once you find it
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I just hit level 19, and starting my way to Meridian.  But may fast travel back, because I believe I have a side quest to do, near the starting area.  I have a main and side quest that take me close to Meridian, so I want to hold off on them, and probably take out some bandit camps and explore some more, before I go.  So far I have about 14 hours in the game.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]
just started today. got to that robot that controls others after the proving. got my ass kicked.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#12]
yeah i got my ass kicked once, almost twice there. I've been on break playing other things but right now I'm in a desert area with some BIG things in it
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Yea, the corruptors are pretty difficult to beat at the beginning.  Once you get the show down, it gets easier.  Just aim for the weak spots.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#14]
how early can i get the shield weaver armor. i just got to meridian and did a few parts of erlens quest. can i just jump in and get it now or have to wair?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I played it on redox a few weeks ago.  Great game.  When I have more free time I'm definitely pulling the trigger on this game.  I'm pretty new to the PS4 so I couldn't figure out the photo thing.  The graphics are amazing on a 75"
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how early can i get the shield weaver armor. i just got to meridian and did a few parts of erlens quest. can i just jump in and get it now or have to wair?
View Quote
if i recall from the youtube video you have to collect power cells and one of them is in the pit you fell into as a kid
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't even bother unless you have five power cells

Four or five I can't remember exactly
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#18]
answer seems to be no on jumping ahead to get the armor. finished 2 quests and now moved into makers end. im starting to see what happened. skynet has become self aware. i think anyway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top