Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 2:48:42 PM EDT
Is it possible with either the ps4 or xbox one to download games and updates for free?  Trying to decide on a console for the family and will not be gaming

online, mainly for the four person games.  Done the wii/wiiu thing and we like the games but they are all the same, not interested in waiting for the newest

In the swich but i do like that i have never had to pay for the online stuff for updates and game purchases.  Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You can hop online on the ps4 to download updates for games and download games (after you pay for them of course). The xbox is the same way I believe. You only have to pay to PLAY online, you can still access network feautres and the online stores for both consoles.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool thanks, now I am back to deciding which console to go with
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool thanks, now I am back to deciding which console to go with
View Quote

Also, keep in mind even with the switch you have to pay to play online, so they're all equal, free online updates and ability to purchase games on the stores.

I would look into seeing which one has sales on controllers more often and then see which one the kids' friends have since it'll be more fun for them to be able to lend/borrow games and controllers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top