Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 4:24:55 PM EDT
The release of this game kind of snuck past me, so I didn't get it until Sunday. Got it for PS4.
I spent a few hours taking my time thoroughly searching the first map and taking out every enemy I could without breaking stealth and had a blast doing it!

I've been a fan of the series since the beginning, but this is easily the best of them. (Unless something goes horrendously awry in later levels.) There's now a co-op mode, which I wouldn't mind trying out. Survival mode from the last game made a return and seems a bit more solo friendly now. Every weapon in the game has mastery challenges to unlock. Each level also has challenges that you can attempt on subsequent playthroughs. Tagging enemies with binoculars now gives you their range and you can adjust your scope to compensate for the drop. Fully customizable loadouts with upgrade unlocks, rank unlocks for things like increasing the speed your heart rate drops, etc.

Mostly iterative and quality of life improvements from the last game, but all in all I find it very well done. If you're a fan of the series I highly recommend checking this one out. This will keep me busy for a long time unlocking everything and completing all the weapon mastery challenges.

Oh, and that bullet-cam X-ray cinematic never gets old. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm surprised this game doesn't have a strong following here.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the co op?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is the co op?
View Quote
I don't know yet. I probably won't have a chance to try it out until this coming weekend. Hopefully someone on my friends list picks it up by then!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Loved the third one. Will get around to picking this up eventually.

Still have a video on the XBox from a slow-mo shot that went thru a mans nether regions, exited out into a grenade on his belt which detonated an explosive storage next to him killing multiple targets.

Lot of fun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a vide of a couple guys from battlefield friends playing it. The co op looks fun

https://youtu.be/ht_zgZcVRm4
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here's a vide of a couple guys from battlefield friends playing it. The co op looks fun

https://youtu.be/ht_zgZcVRm4
View Quote

Thanks for the video. I do hope to try co-op at some point.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:53:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I plan to get it when it drops to ~$30. I've been playing since the original.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:01:20 AM EDT
[#8]
The SE series is one of my favorites.

I dont play much anymore but nice to see its still going strong
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The SE series is one of my favorites.

I dont play much anymore but nice to see its still going strong
View Quote
Better than ever, in my opinion. This one has seen a lot of extra polish.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Never liked it much It's a sweet game but I like fake run and gun games. Hard to survive doing that in this kind of game.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Never liked it much It's a sweet game but I like fake run and gun games. Hard to survive doing that in this kind of game.
View Quote
Yeah, that can turn ugly pretty quick in this game. 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Sniper elite v2 is the one I played and have on ps3. I love the idea but cannot get into it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I LOVED SE 2. Played through that. Didn't get much into 3.

Kinda wish they would have moved off WW2 and onto something like Vietnam or even Desert Storm or OIF.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I LOVED SE 2. Played through that. Didn't get much into 3.

Kinda wish they would have moved off WW2 and onto something like Vietnam or even Desert Storm or OIF.
View Quote

Killing Nazis never gets old, and WWII was a sweet spot in gun design.

Game looks sweet.  Will probably pick it up when it drops a bit in price.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered it because I'm tired of waiting for Ghost Warrior 3
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How is the co op?
View Quote
Its pretty decent, me and the oldest have a blast with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top