BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Path of Exile
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally burned myself out on Fallout 4, and no announcement for update/wipe on FOnline, so I was bitching about not having anything new to play... my favorite wife picked me up a used copy of Wasteland 2 DC as a surprise. I should have played this sooner. 

Went with the default Ranger squad to get familiar with everything for a few hours the other night, and was getting rekt by Supafly's and shit. Spent a few hours of downtime at work reading up and rolled the squad I wanted. Having a blast so far. 
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Rocket League, Rocket League, and more Rocket League. I was into The Division on PS4 with over 1300 hours, but that game seems like a bust with the year two announcement. So I picked up a gaming PC and have been loving Rocket League even more since the switch from PS4. It's like a whole different game. I als picked up Ghost Recon on PS4 but have not had a chance to play it yet. Other than that, I'm waiting for Gran Turismo Sport, Days Gone, and Ace Combat 7 to drop.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been playing ghost recon since it came out.  But a cool game I got on sale, xboxone, is Doom.  Pretty bad ass.  I forgot about the whole chainsaw splitting demons in half thing from the early 90's.  It's a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rocket League, Rocket League, and more Rocket League. I was into The Division on PS4 with over 1300 hours, but that game seems like a bust with the year two announcement. So I picked up a gaming PC and have been loving Rocket League even more since the switch from PS4. It's like a whole different game. I als picked up Ghost Recon on PS4 but have not had a chance to play it yet. Other than that, I'm waiting for Gran Turismo Sport, Days Gone, and Ace Combat 7 to drop.
View Quote
In my experience once people get a gaming PC the console starts collecting dust.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
rocket league rocket league rocket league! best game ever. if y'all aren't playing it, you should be. there's no excuse not to.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Replaying Fallout New Vegas, but this time with all DLCs and on hardcore (for fun and more gamerscore). Damn I forgot how great this game is! Barely even touched the main questline and already have 15 hours in it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In my experience once people get a gaming PC the console starts collecting dust.
View Quote
I'm finding this to be true. If I play Rocket League on console it takes me a while to adjust to the framerate again. Not to mention the graphics. I was never a beliver in PCMR until I got one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
The huge advantage PC has is that you can actually play your entire library (as long as the compatibility didn't get screwed up somewhere). As an initial investment, they're much more expensive than a console; but price is the console's only real advantage IMO.

It's nice that CPUs last for a long ass time before becoming obselete. The only real upgrade you ever need to make is the GPU
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The huge advantage PC has is that you can actually play your entire library (as long as the compatibility didn't get screwed up somewhere). As an initial investment, they're much more expensive than a console; but price is the console's only real advantage IMO.

It's nice that CPUs last for a long ass time before becoming obselete. The only real upgrade you ever need to make is the GPU
View Quote
Coincidentally I play on PC because I can't really afford to console game, haha. If I even played 3 games a month that is 180 dollars on the console unless I shop bargain bin, those 3 games through steam sales or third party websites might cost me 15-30 dollars.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have not played COD or Battlefield 1 since picking up Titanfall 2. It is a seriously underrated FPS. I think it is currently on sale in the PS store and other places for under $25. There is an ARFCOM team on there if you pick it up and want to join.
View Quote
I remembered reading this post and saw a free trial on XB1, so I downloaded it.  You were right.  I didn't play BF1 all weekend, despite the new DLC.  That really is a well-done multiplayer.  People actually play the way you're supposed to play.  Not just hopping around.  The grappling hook is cool as well.  Kind of similar to RB6:Siege.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#15]
X3 Albion Prelude

Going the pirate route and trying to see how fast I can get  my hands on an M6 (frigate) without having to buy one. Space walking a bunch of marines onto an angry frigate that's actively trying to kill you with only a passenger shuttle is... challenging.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Persona 5. I cannot express how happy I am to be playing a real deal old school turn based JRPG. General consensus is that's it's the best JRPG in 10 years and so far I have to agree.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I remembered reading this post and saw a free trial on XB1, so I downloaded it.  You were right.  I didn't play BF1 all weekend, despite the new DLC.  That really is a well-done multiplayer.  People actually play the way you're supposed to play.  Not just hopping around.  The grappling hook is cool as well.  Kind of similar to RB6:Siege.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have not played COD or Battlefield 1 since picking up Titanfall 2. It is a seriously underrated FPS. I think it is currently on sale in the PS store and other places for under $25. There is an ARFCOM team on there if you pick it up and want to join.
It's because you *have* to play that way, or you're gonna get smacked. Hard. Speed kills. Nothing like building up an insane wallrun/slide line to jump through a window and whack 3 bad guys before you even hit the ground The titans really change things up, too. Unlike anything I've ever seen before in a game.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Honestly, been playing it for a while now and I consider it to be my #1 competitive multiplayer game of all time.  The gameplay is so damn good.
View Quote
Am I completely addicted to Siege now? Yep
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, been playing it for a while now and I consider it to be my #1 competitive multiplayer game of all time.  The gameplay is so damn good.
x2 for Siege.  As a competitive FPS player, I enjoy finding good competition any time of the day.

-DJ
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wow, I honestly thought about picking it up at Target today because I know what kind of reputation the series has, I'll give it some playthrough watches to see if it's something I'd enjoy.
View Quote
This is my first Peraona game. Had I known the series was like this, I would have played the others. The graphics are kinda PS3 as it was primarily developed for PS3 in the 5 years it took to make it. But for me it's not an issue it has what matters. I could care less about graphic when it comes to JRPGs. Besides, I love the comic and anime look of the game.

Hopefully the Final Fantasy series will go back to this, but I think SE will keep going down the same path and drag the series deeper into the mud.  I'm never buying another FF game after the mess of  XV. I'm praying they don't screw up the new Dragon Quest. Loved DQVIII that Level 5 made.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Forgot to note. Be careful on what streams you watch. Some are spoiling the story bad enough that Altus has stated they will go after people who spoil the story after a certain point in game. Game date July 7th or something like that I think.  

Metacritic has the game at 94%. Tied with FFIX and Chrono Cross for the highest reviewed JRPG of all time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I stretched Witcher 3 out for as long as I could but finished it a month or so ago. Finally got around to reading the books and got more of the back story  and decided to play 1 and 2. I went to Steam to buy and Wtf? I already own the enhanced versions? Must have been a sale.

Started playing 2 as it's supposed to be better than 1. So far though the game mechanics are kinda clunky compared to 3, it's like the difference between FO4 and FONV. Dated but a much better game overall. Darker and more brutal. Went through the prologue and started chapter 1. Have to say the Flotsam mental institution quest creeped me out a bit. Great game so far.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I ended up taking a break from Mass Effect:Andromeda,Nier:automata, and Horizon. I just felt kinda burnt out on open world so now I'm playing Persona 5. yeah its an anime styled JRPG but it has the turn based combat and linear story I've been missing in RPG games. Not sure if I will be able to finish it before i get bit by the urge to finish, or refinish in the case of Nier the other 3 games
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#26]
If you guys like games that play like Diablo then you should try Path Of Exile.

Path of Exile is like Diablo for intelligent adults, it's basically Diablo 2 on steroids with a hundred more options.

I'll warn you though it is very hard, to get good at it I had to talk to a lot of different people and do a lot of research.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Sucked back into Eve last weekend. All I wanted was just a taste. To remember. Relapse.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sucked back into Eve last weekend. All I wanted was just a taste. To remember. Relapse.
View Quote
its like that. welcome back.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Final Fantasy XIV.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I downloaded the trial for FFXIV but haven't played yet cause the server my friend is on is not accepting new characters at the moment
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm a dying game junkie appearently

im playing mechwarrioronline and DayZ right now
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I downloaded the trial for FFXIV but haven't played yet cause the server my friend is on is not accepting new characters at the moment
View Quote
Which server?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Rocket League and Battlegrounds.  Sometimes Rainbow Six Siege
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Which server?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which server?
gilgamesh
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

gilgamesh
View Quote
Try early in the morning or right after a maintenance. Only other option is to make a char on a less populated server, then pay for a transfer.

It took me a few days to to be able to make my character on Excalibur, when I started playing last September.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Wrapping up a play through of Oblivion for the 100th time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#37]

I love the Constantinople map!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#38]
I just won the Metal Gear Solid HD collection for PS3 for $4 on ebay

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Lots and lots of playerunknown's battlegrounds. I've been playing some persona 5 here and there too, both are pretty solid.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lots and lots of playerunknown's battlegrounds. I've been playing some persona 5 here and there too, both are pretty solid.
View Quote
I've been toying around with the idea of getting it, I've just played so many early access games and with the exception of Empyrion they never work out.

I've been playing a little bit of Killing Floor 2, its ok.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Replaying Skyrim on legendary. The new quest and immersive mods make it a new game.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've been toying around with the idea of getting it, I've just played so many early access games and with the exception of Empyrion they never work out.

I've been playing a little bit of Killing Floor 2, its ok.
View Quote
I generally hate early access games and I reeaaallllyyyy hate battle royal type shooters. That said, I'm pretty happy with the $30 purchase so far. My usual duo partner has about 150hrs in and I have about 40 over the past 4 weeks. Those 40 hours are about 80% of my time gaming.

Obviously anything early access is a gamble, but the devs have been pretty good about communicating about their progress. They lay out goals with deadlines and they meet them. Rubber banding/lag has been an issue here and there and they didn't bullshit about it, they came right out and said it was an engine issue and it will take them some time to iron out. They haven't been pumping out a ton of fake content to make it look like they're actually working (looking at you ARK devs), they put out 1 new gun a month and that's about it. Patches are balance, gameplay, and bug related. There are no microtransactions/DLC.

The playerbase is huge and it's no problem finding people to play with, matchmaking takes 1-3 seconds at the most for me. The map is also pretty engaging. It's massive and I haven't felt bored with playing the same map yet since each match plays out completely different. I've won a squad game where I didn't fire a single shot until there were only 4 enemy players left, and I've played others where I start with a fist fight and get into gun battles every 2 minutes until the end of the match. After not getting bored at all with the one map yet I can't imagine what it'll be like when the new maps are in. New maps are announced in June, one is the same size as the current one (8x8km) and will be mainly desert/snow, the other will be 4x4km and will be mostly urban.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just won the Metal Gear Solid HD collection for PS3 for $4 on ebay

http://i.imgur.com/Aws2q6D.gif
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Now that the final DLC is out, time to bring the pain.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Overwatch is the only one I'm playing nowadays
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Elite Dangerous mainly.  Some Dirt Rally, and Titan Fall 2.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Elite Dangerous mainly.  Some Dirt Rally, and Titan Fall 2.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/833575151656339690/EC5BB9A105AFC8B46CBC35AECCB097E9DB0A1B77/
View Quote
I can't play space games now that I have played Empyrion, everything else is just a pale comparison to the awesomeness that is Empyrion.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#48]
After the dry heave that was Mass Effect Andromeda, I wasn't playing much of anything... until I finally found a Nintendo Switch.

So now I'm playing the new Zelda, and it is a pretty fun game. Lots of callbacks to the old Zelda games I remember (I haven't played a Zelda since Ocarina of Time on the N64) but with a modern open world and trappings. It is fun just getting lost in the countryside and wandering until I find something.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#49]
For whatever reason I'm loving Tales of Majeegrdteleyle, or whatever it's called. Genuinely fun to me for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:09:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Battlegrounds and Rocket League on PC.  Sometimes CSGO.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top