BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/31/2017 11:44:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Despite my distaste for "retro" gaming I'm actually replaying Front Mission 3 on my Vita right now.

Playing my Vita again made me want to get a 3DS and try the new pokemon, but it seems Nintendo hates money and won't sell anyone one.

I considered getting Resident Evil 7, but I decided to wait for a sale. I have a bunch of stuff installed on PC, but I can't bring myself to play any of them... the current crop of Triple A games are kind of, well, shitty.  Watch Dogs 2 I got free from nvidia and it is worth every penny... I'm trying to muster up the will to play Dead Rising 3, Batman Arkham Knight, and a few other games I bought during the winter Steam sale. I bought Buttholefield 1 and started then stopped playing it in the scope of like a week.

The only game on the horizon that looks even remotely interesting is Mass Effect Andromeda, and I'm waiting for reviews before even thinking of buying that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
FFX. Don't have much time right now for long sessions.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm playing a lot of indie games.

Indie
Rimworld (100hrs), Astroneer(43hrs) and Prison Architect(268hrs).  Rimworld is worth the price.  I just started playing Tavern Tycoon EA, neat game so far.

AAA
BF1, Diablo 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands (soon) and Mass Effect Andromeda (soon)

Xbox One
FFXV, State of Decay Year One and Forza Horizons 3
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in a gaming rut right now with the games I play...

Battlefield 1: waiting for a big patch later this month and the first DLC next month.

The Division: absolutely no point in playing until patch 1.6 drops due to all the changes to gear and such.

For Honor: played the closed beta this past week. Next week is the open beta.

Ghost Recon Wildlands: closed beta is this coming weekend.

I also have FFXV but I haven't touched it in weeks. I get bored of single-player games quickly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
dark souls on pc. very impatiently waiting for Nioh on tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Took a break from another playthrough of FO4 once I got in to the 50s and Nuka World seemed too familiar to run again.

Spent a couple weekends playing through Doom 2016...awesome.  I hadn't played a good FPS for awhile.

Last weekend I loaded up Metal Gear: Phantom Pain I had purchased on a Steam sale but hadn't tried yet.  I usually play stealth in Skyrim / Fallout but this is taking some time to get used to.  I usually get about 75% through a base, make a mistake and blow all of that work and release hell on the place.

I had forgotten I had Bioshock Infinite from another sale, maybe I will load that up instead.  (Bought a number of titles including Far Cry 4 when they got cheap, but was busy with other stuff at the time.)
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Playing Dead Rising 4 now.....Actually re-installing it because of the SNAFU update.

It's not bad, but might be better when the price drops a bit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#9]
On my 3rd playthrough of borderlands 1.   Im a little late to the party and I always stay back a generation so all of the shit i play costs $5-15 instead of $40-60.  I couldnt beat a couple of the big guys on the dlc's and without cheating i dont think you are meant to without co op so i started a 3rd playthrough.  Im putting off starting bl2 and im not sure why
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On my 3rd playthrough of borderlands 1.   Im a little late to the party and I always stay back a generation so all of the shit i play costs $5-15 instead of $40-60.  I couldnt beat a couple of the big guys on the dlc's and without cheating i dont think you are meant to without co op so i started a 3rd playthrough.  Im putting off starting bl2 and im not sure why
View Quote

BL2 is a riot. Better classes, loot and DLC. Tiny Tina's Assault is the best piece of DLC that I've ever played, hands down.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#11]
right now when I'm playing  its watchdogs 2 or if i'm just being super casual its VA-11 Hall-A. After i beat watchdogs 2 i will either jump to dishonored 2 or get the last guardian. all this spaced with doses in Destiny slowly working my character up
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

BL2 is a riot. Better classes, loot and DLC. Tiny Tina's Assault is the best piece of DLC that I've ever played, hands down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love BL2.  I am working on all 6 classes with Gaige being my highest at 61.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Witcher 3 if you haven't played it yet.  Best game i've played in years.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I got Assassin's Creed: Syndicate from my sister back around Christmas, but I haven't touched it yet.  I've never played an AC game.  Looks like fun, but it also looks frustrating and time consuming for me. I also keep saying I'm going to back and pick up where I left off in Fallout 4, but I never do.  Lately I just haven't been gaming much outside of 3-4 hours a week in Destiny (mostly spent playing casually with a couple real life friends).  I've loaded up a pretty decent stash of 40 S&W ammo and been doing a little more dry fire practice with my USPSA gear.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I was enjoying Battlefield 1 on Xbox but the servers have been down for three days now so I picked up Grand Theft Auto V on my way home today.  I have my eye on Assassin's Creed Back Flag since I'm catching up on the Black Sails series on Starz.  The whole pirate thing sounds like a cool theme to explore.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Waiting for Battalion 1944.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Titan Fall 2
Resident Evil 7
The Walking Dead New Frontier
Final Fantasy XV
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#18]
We are playing Arma 3, a scenario called Dynamic Recon Ops. It is extremely well done. It is milsim gaming, but can be done with a small group or even, by yourself.

Essentially, it provides a format for randomized missions inside dozens of maps. And it is dynamic because submissions, other missions, or random events pop up with no notification sometimes.

I highly recommend it. If you enjoy Arma 3. It lets you set up the mission, and you can use the MCC to supplement the missions any way you want. My Steam name is dc2071 if anyone ever wants to try.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:11:33 AM EDT
[#22]
For now I am playing The Division on PC. 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#23]
From what it looks like I won't be playing Wildlands this weekend. Just got done building my super computer too. Was all amped up and shit. Now I'm just butt hurt.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Little mechwarrior online here and there prepping for the big skill tree revamp. 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
From what it looks like I won't be playing Wildlands this weekend. Just got done building my super computer too. Was all amped up and shit. Now I'm just butt hurt.
View Quote

Why's that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Little mechwarrior online here and there prepping for the big skill tree revamp. 
View Quote

i need to get back into it. i haven't played since like the first clan wave
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More things change, the more they stay the same. 

More maps, few new game modes/ mode changes, destructible terrain-ish, TONS on new mechs including the "unseen". Lot of game-play mechanic fixes, "PSR" match making system replaced with a tier system where individual success  drives on up the tiers, and only certain tiers fight each other in quick-play So top tier doesn't match with bottom.  Tonnage changes for group drops. Map voting system to make sure matches happen faster. Client is now available through steam which is AWESOME as it means it can be always kept up to date. In game VOIP and command wheel.  Plus a lot more. They have been busy beavers. 

Flip side... everyone plays the exact same way, tons of people are still "bittervets", forum is still toxic, so while the game has gotten lightyears better... it's still kind of "meh" because the player base stays... frustrating.  

If the game had released as it is now, back when it went "live" officially, it would have been considered on of the best F2P games ever made I bet.  As is, all it has is a dirty legacy of distrust and haters.

BUT!  In the pipeline, timeline advance to 3060's with new mechs and weapons.  Plus the desire of the PG president when they started (but had to go f2p for funding) as new single player game. Mechwarrior 5 : Mercs (on the unreal engine, PGI has talked about converting MWO to a new engine too... which could be amaze-balls as crye has never "felt" right IMHO)

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Pre-Alpha Footage (Mech_Con 2016)
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#28]
In a similar place right now.  Slightly burnt on the games I've been playing (Battlefield 1, Destiny, Fall Out 4, etc.)  Waiting for the new releases & additional content for the current batch.

My son got me into Warframe recently.  Not bad at all.  Enjoy the movement & combat system.  Free to Play, only spent $5 to get some extra weapon slots so far.  I can definitely see why so many compared it to Destiny so often.  A little like a Destiny & Mass Effect hybrid.

Not currently gaming as much as I used to, but it fills the Void.  Was disappointed in the Gran Turismo delay during the holidays.  Not the least bit surprised, just a little disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why's that?
View Quote

I'm good. I got the invite.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I did the same thing when I got the Bioshock PC remaster for free.

I DLed it, played it, and before I even got out of the bathysphere area I turned it off and uninstalled it. All the old problems were still there, the "remastering" was them adding new barnicle decals on a few things and that was it. I'm sure on an Xbox 1 or PS4 it was a marked improvement from the old gen version but on PC it was more or less a lateral movement.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Binging War Thunder hard right now, been at it over a month.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought Conan Exiles and am enjoying it. I really hate all the guns companies add in to their survival games and I really like Conan. 

It plays like Skyrim without spells, but they are in the works. I have not tried multi yet but plan on it soon. 
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Right now, not really playing anything. 

My favorite genre of video games is MMORPGs, but they are kinda stuck in the gaming doldrums at the moment. Was playing and enjoying (mostly due to the Arfcommers playing) The Division, but it will have been out a year in March and I got to a point a few months ago where I realized there simply was no progression or "end game" and obtaining loot was extremely random, thus making building the gear-set you wanted very difficult especially if you couldn't play a lot (and even then, what good was a better gear set unless you PvPed (which I disliked)).

I was getting nostalgic for Star Wars the Old Republic, so I resubscribed. I think I played about 45 minutes and quickly remembered why I had stopped playing, so I cancelled again. Was browsing my Steam games list and saw I had once briefly played DC Universe Online, the superhero MMORPG, so I thought I would give it a try again. Remembered why I stopped playing soon after - I dislike the action style of combat some MMORPGs use and prefer the tab-targeting style. Even thought they are old, and I never played them before, I tried Lord of the Rings Online and Neverwinter Online. Hated Neverwinter's action style of combat, and LoTR Online was just too old and dated for my liking. 

MMORPGs are just in a rut right now. World of Warcraft is still the big boy on the block based on subscription numbers, but from what I hear that game has been watered down considerably. Most the other newer entrants have really sucked primarily because they either have been Korean grind-fest MMORPGs converted to the US market, or they are they are stuck in early access mode where you pay to basically be an alpha or beta tester for the game.

There are a few promising MMORPG titles on the horizon slated for late 2017 or 2018 releases, but right now I'm not really playing anything. 
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's one I need to get to in my Steam library.  I started it and played like the opening hour or two at launch, haven't touched it since.
View Quote

Just finish the Witcher 3..

It's sooooooo good.

Of course, the new Mass Effect drops soon.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:59:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I received an xbone for Christmas.

Currently playing The Witcher 3, but also a second play through of Skyrim.
My xbox library is pretty thin. I only have The Witcher. Skyrim, Fallout 4, GTAV, Arkham Knight, and Halo V.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Play Arma 3 mostly.  Usually on Exile Mod servers.  If I'm short on time or want immediate action, I'm on KOTH.  I play with a consistent group of 3-4.

If I'm not there, lately it has been a mix of 7 Days to Die, Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, The Division.  I need to get back into my Fallout 4 game as well.

Lately I have been doing more shooting IRL, so less time for video games.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#39]
playing killing floor 2, counterstrike when I can find a non insta spawn server, tribes ascend even though it has a really low player base.

looking at trying out midair which is in prealpha, but it is very Tribes like.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Wound up trying out Far Cry 4 since Metal Gear: Phantom Pain wasn't clicking with me.

Liking it so far, lots of open world fun without extensive cutscenes.  Only thing I am not liking is constant gunfire everywhere (how is anyone left in the population?) some kind of event every 50m and constant eagle attacks, but it keeps things interesting.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#42]
trying to pick up rainbow six siege but apparently none of my friends play so if i decide to try ranked I'll be pugging it
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
trying to pick up rainbow six siege but apparently none of my friends play so if i decide to try ranked I'll be pugging it
View Quote

PC Or console?

If PC, come play with us.  I've been Diamond every season.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Yeah on PC but as a warning I will probably never be a diamond level player. I don't think i have the reflex or the vision to see the 2 pixels of a guys elbow moving between the sliver of daylight between the bomb and a desk
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yeah on PC but as a warning I will probably never be a diamond level player. I don't think i have the reflex or the vision to see the 2 pixels of a guys elbow moving between the sliver of daylight between the bomb and a desk
View Quote

You dont have to be the best player to get diamond rank.

Teamwork is all that is required.  As long as you make call outs and we win, you get the rank.  It's all about the teamwork.  When everyone has it, it's just magic lol.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm on my 3rd Witcher 3 playthrough right now, I find new stuff every time through so it's still got me going. I played ALL of the borderlands games I've got 1900 hours in Borderlands 2 with all characters leveled to 72, and a few saves I got through OP 8. I played all the classes in Borderlands the Pre-sequel, but I haven't finished in UVHM on any of the toons yet. The Aussies killed that game. Played all the Bioshocks. Dying Light was a damn good game, but it's kinda like Witcher 3, once you've played through so many times and find all the goodies..you're done. The VS mode in DL is decent, but finding somebody that hasn't exploited their infected character to the point where you get owned in 2 seconds is near impossible. For Honor looks pretty good, but $99 for the game with the season pass? Nope. Hopefully Dead Island 2 will come out this year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Battlefield 1 and World of Tanks when my internet isn't crapping out.  
If I can't get online any servers with those games  I'll jump back to GTA V.
If I can't get online or idiots are annoying me on GTA V, then Fallout 4.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Playing a bunch of CS:GO. Tried BF1 and H1Z1 king of the kill and got instantly bored by both. I may try the free Overwatch clone and maybe GTA if it goes on sale.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Picked up Gta V for 50% off. Fun game in the story mode although I find my self stuck every once in a while. I've never played another Gta game so I'm not sure what the icons on the map mean.

The online mode is hard to navigate and I seem to just get killed by other people. Kinda lost as to what to do. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top