Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2017 12:15:23 PM EDT
Anyone playing it?  Just saw it on PS4 Store and it looks cool.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I play on PC from time to time, doing all ze German tanks now.  If you see a guy named CoxWinger drunk text spamming during a battle, you've found me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone playing it?  Just saw it on PS4 Store and it looks cool.
View Quote

I play it on the PC thru steam.
I saw it on the PS4 as well so i downloaded it. I dont know if you can use the same account or not.

From what i have played it seemed pretty fun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I play on PC a bit, and the PS4 and PC Guys can play together.

I mainly fly Enduring Confrontation, as I like to fly bombers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I play on PC a bit, and the PS4 and PC Guys can play together.

I mainly fly Enduring Confrontation, as I like to fly bombers.
View Quote

That is awesome to know! I have been wondering that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I play it for the tanks now I was a huge US Bomber guy before tanks though. US tank line sucks balls they are squishy as fuck in this game.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I play it for the tanks now I was a huge US Bomber guy before tanks though. US tank line sucks balls they are squishy as fuck in this game.
View Quote

If you havent figured it out by now, this game is super russian biased. Example, take a look at the starter planes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I played it for a while with a HOTAS and hated it. 

I just started playing again on Arcade with mouse and keyboard and it's actually fun 

I don't know what I like yet.  Tanks are tough.  Planes I can handle. 
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you havent figured it out by now, this game is super russian biased. Example, take a look at the starter planes.
View Quote

Oh I know. Hell I've recently started to play the british again. The sherman firefly gets wrecked by everything. Nevermind that in the real world it was popping T-55s left and right with the izzies.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Search for the AR15 squadron...  
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link? Because i cant find it, but i know it exists.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
You mean that game filled with kids that cry and report you when you ammo rack their panzer?

Yea I played it, got away from it since the community as a whole grew more toxic by the second
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
US tank line sucks balls they are squishy as fuck in this game.
View Quote

I wouldn't say that.  A properly angled Sherman is damned near impenetrable from the front vs. equivalent battle rating tanks.  It's also much more mobile than similar tier Russian and German vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say that.  A properly angled Sherman is damned near impenetrable from the front vs. equivalent battle rating tanks.  It's also much more mobile than similar tier Russian and German vehicles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
US tank line sucks balls they are squishy as fuck in this game.

The early low BR Shermans may be well protected for their BR, but the 76mm Shermans will be penetrated frontally by just about anything at their BR, and it only gets worse as the BR goes up, mainly because the armor doesn't change much aside from the E2, which ends up decently armored (except for the hull machine gun mount, and the cupola which for some bizarre reason is thinner and less well sloped than on the 'standard' Shermans).  The M4A3E8, for instance has a BR of 5.3, of which the only 2 German vehicles are the Nashhorn and PIV/70, both of which will penetrate the front plate out to over 500m at any angle which doesn't either mask the Sherman's gun or expose the side, which can be penetrated out to over 1km.  Of course, the 76mm Shermans are too highly tiered, with the Nashorn and Pz IV both being Tier 3 vs Tier 4 for the E8.  The E8 will almost never be the highest BR vehicle on the map because of this, as there are only 3 vehicles at that tier with equal or lower BR, and 2 are AA guns.  Heck, the 88mm flack has a BR of 3.7, and will punch through the turret from anywhere out to at least 1000 yds with a simple center of mass aim point.  On the Russian side, the T-34/85 is the only tank at tier 4 with a 5.3 BR, and the 85mm gun will penetrate the turret and mantlet out to 1000m with the stock APHE round.  The E2 is well armored, but the 76mm is a 6.0 T4, and will be facing at least IS-2 (122mm gun) or Sturer Emil (128mm gun).

All in all, the Sherman in the game fairly well matches the experience of the real world Sherman in the field in that they are well protected initially, but fall well behind in armor.  The difference of course is that in the real world, there weren't hordes of Tiger 2s, IS-2s, etc., facing them, and the game doesn't take into account operational issues such as maintainability/availability/reliability, driving range, etc.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Doubletap.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Learning the American fighters suck balls too, at least under 3.0.  I'm a bomber fan, mainly because I can't seem to get an edge on any fighter unless they're already hit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I see the different nations as the game's difficulty settings. Russia and Germany are easy-normal, US is hard mode

The commies and fascists are definitely the best in both air and ground. UK has good air but their tanks suck. US air sucks because in this game, cannons win everything and the US has the least amount of cannons. Japan is just kind of there. I'm pretty sure they implemented Japanese tanks recently as a nerf to Germany; because Jap tanks suck. Before, it would 90% of the time pair up Germany and Russia; which would almost ALWAYS win against US + UK
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I play it (planes) on my PC from time to time.

I get smoked a lot, then I get mad, then I go back to ARMA 3.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just searched for "ar15" and it was the only result that came up.  Just applied my self, stumbled on this game via Steam a few days ago and got hooked.  Air combat is definitely easier with a 47" monitor, I wish I choose air instead of tank to start as I would have preferred a free plane.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I play it (planes) on my PC from time to time.

I get smoked a lot, then I get mad, then I go back to ARMA 3.
View Quote
You know it's a frustrating game when Arma 3 is easier
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I play it on PS4 I have 3 profiles   a 100 a 50 and a 39 I have them for the squadron that im in AsONE  it's the top PS4 squadron right now.   Im not much of a pilot but I tank and AA well!!!! :) If anyone on PS4 is looking for someone to roll with look me up same name as my posting name. :)
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You mean that game filled with kids that cry and report you when you ammo rack their panzer?

Yea I played it, got away from it since the community as a whole grew more toxic by the second
View Quote

It was pretty "abusive" from the get go.
And yes, it's getting worse.

For those considering it for the first time- Treat it like WoT, and suspend disbelief and historical accuracy.  It's a -game-, not a simulation. No matter what either has or is claiming.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It was pretty "abusive" from the get go.
And yes, it's getting worse.

For those considering it for the first time- Treat it like WoT, and suspend disbelief and historical accuracy.  It's a -game-, not a simulation. No matter what either has or is claiming.
View Quote
 But i thought that Arcade Mode was true-to-life?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#23]
If you listen to the likes of Scarper and his band of totally not abusive and fair mods who also happen to still be in high school from the Offical WT forum.....then yes.

No really, the WT forum is a cesspool of the egotistic type; Mod Queue's for literally nothing, getting called a War Gaming Paid Troll when you point out obvious out in the open flaws with the game...then there are the individuals that I wont name who seem to skirt by any sort of punishment and get free rein to act how they want, just so happens to be mostly mods too (anything from down right disrespectful comments, shit talking individuals in open forum then banning and mod queuing them unjustly, breaking rules the turn around and enforce on others). Lets not forget the Russian master race players, it's perfectly fine to ply as anything russian but the second you take a sherman and pop a T34 you're a hacking camping cod fag.

Ladies and Gentlemen, War Thunder in a nutshell
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:37:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you listen to the likes of Scarper and his band of totally not abusive and fair mods who also happen to still be in high school from the Offical WT forum.....then yes.

No really, the WT forum is a cesspool of the egotistic type; Mod Queue's for literally nothing, getting called a War Gaming Paid Troll when you point out obvious out in the open flaws with the game...then there are the individuals that I wont name who seem to skirt by any sort of punishment and get free rein to act how they want, just so happens to be mostly mods too (anything from down right disrespectful comments, shit talking individuals in open forum then banning and mod queuing them unjustly, breaking rules the turn around and enforce on others). Lets not forget the Russian master race players, it's perfectly fine to ply as anything russian but the second you take a sherman and pop a T34 you're a hacking camping cod fag.

View Quote

Maybe forget the forum and just play the game?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:08:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I've never had bad interactions with people in game
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:42:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But then what will we be outraged at? 

...I think I've only been on the forums though Google searches for specific issues 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
 But i thought that Arcade Mode was true-to-life?
View Quote

Depends on how much Bourbon you drink before loading up a match.

Even sim is wacky.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

...I think I've only been on the forums though Google searches for specific issues 
View Quote

I could post the bullshit they pulled with the economy, but it's very old news.
I know a bunch of people who quit JUST because of that move.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't take any F2P games seriously enough to worry about that stuff 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I love War Thunder.
Easily my most played game (ps4) over than BF1.

Great game if you enjoy simulators however the ground forces arcade mode is pretty fun.

Soviets bias exists.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't take any F2P games seriously enough to worry about that stuff 
View Quote

Agreed, but some do, and it's killed many a game. Gaijin just barely pulled that one off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Game correct, no broken, Gaijin know all, Gaijin game correct and accurate, gamers wrong, gamers always wrong

Yea, gaijin likes to take pages out of Dices book, "fix" things that aren't broken and leave what is broken alone and say it's models and stats are correct.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#33]
We typically only accept people if we can find them on Arf. We have been having a lot of rando's applying to the squadron lately so if you got denied just send me a message!

As for play time, almost anytime I get to play I play WT.  Ground forces realistic is the best mode IMO.  Get to do some tanks and planes if you earn enough points.  Past that, I would say air arcade just because it's a good way to get lions.

Also, I have spent too much of my time drinking and playing this game.  Recently I have discovered I bought stuff in game that I don't remember buying.  I might have a problem
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I saw a few guys with the AR15 tag in a match awhile back. They ignored my ARFCOM references.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I saw a few guys with the AR15 tag in a match awhile back. They ignored my ARFCOM references.
View Quote
Sometimes messages aren't ignored, it's just a matter of being chat banned and not being allowed to respond! 
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. I said "fu arock"

No response
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#37]
On the PS4, chat doesmt show up on my screen.  Just FYI
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I WAS playing on PC, but, every time I turn around it is trying to DL an 87Gig update.

I had to <right click/ exit > this morning in fact. I'm about as far as I can go w/o paying for upgrades...plane wise.

I don't even know how to play as a tank.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#39]
I've been teamed up with some of you fuckers on random matches and no one says anything
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#40]
For everyone compaining about russian bias and 'working as intended' how is that any different than wargaming
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#41]
If you drop BuckeyeDoug a message maybe he would let you on the TS server.  I hope you have thick skin :)
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm on there as BuckOfama.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Game leaves a bitter taste in my mouth..

Sure it's a great game but the bias just fucking nukes it.  I play it quite a bit despite that because it is so fun though.  Ingame name is Towely or SavageWhiteDude...I can't recall offhand.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Game leaves a bitter taste in my mouth..

Sure it's a great game but the bias just fucking nukes it.  I play it quite a bit despite that because it is so fun though.  Ingame name is Towely or SavageWhiteDude...I can't recall offhand.
View Quote

Well at least when you win as US, you know you're just flat out better than the other side

At least that's how I try to justify it to myself
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Same. I said "fu arock"

No response
View Quote

Same here, just last night. Custom battle, one of the 100 kill matches. Said "fu arock" twice, and nothing. Might have been the fact that I wrecked him several times from across the lake on Poland, in my Tiger H1.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Same here, just last night. Custom battle, one of the 100 kill matches. Said "fu arock" twice, and nothing. Might have been the fact that I wrecked him several times from across the lake on Poland, in my Tiger H1.
View Quote
Try to remember who it was that you saw... then we'll out them on here!   I've actually gotten back into playing it a little
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#47]
I started playing it on my snow day, while I waited for world of tanks to update on PS4

I tried the tanks but after playing wot I decided to stick to the planes.

The US planes are weak on guns. I think 2 ARs mounted on the side with and beta mag would be better.

It took a little while to figure out how to play with the bombers. I was flying a bomber like a fighter plane
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Latest change log for "Assault".

Some cool new stuff. Exhaust flames, damage models, new tanks, new bomb loads, 

Gun Stabilizer......

This might make matches harder because it will be easier to drive and shoot

Good Luck,

Dig Doug
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone else looking forward to when the naval battle pack comes out??!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#50]
If it's done right, sure.  I love realistic tanks because of the integration of ground and air, but if they could integrate navy into that and still make it even, it would be amazing
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top